Amanresorts Thread 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanresorts Thread 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: No program whatsoever
Has anyone been to Amanwana during January / wet season?

I am thinking of going to Bali and considering adding Amanwana as it looks like an amazing experience.

At the same time, I wonder whether the rainy season will make Amanwana a waste of days? Is it more sensible to visit the other Amans (have already been to Dari and Nusa) and leave Wana out?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by 0bsidian
Has anyone been to Amanwana during January / wet season?

I am thinking of going to Bali and considering adding Amanwana as it looks like an amazing experience.

At the same time, I wonder whether the rainy season will make Amanwana a waste of days? Is it more sensible to visit the other Amans (have already been to Dari and Nusa) and leave Wana out?
I was at Amankila and Amanjiwo earlier in the month (both still amazing by the way). The Aman driver told me that they sometimes have problems during the wet season as flights to and from Wana are cancelled and guests are stuck at Wana. That said, the further East you go in Indonesia the drier the weather tends to be, so Moyo Island is often better than Bali. FWIW we had very little rain early November.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: No program whatsoever
Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
I was at Amankila and Amanjiwo earlier in the month (both still amazing by the way). The Aman driver told me that they sometimes have problems during the wet season as flights to and from Wana are cancelled and guests are stuck at Wana. That said, the further East you go in Indonesia the drier the weather tends to be, so Moyo Island is often better than Bali. FWIW we had very little rain early November.
Got it, thank you.
I might skip Amanwana to be on the safe side, and go for either Amankila or Alila Uluwatu. Decisions decisions.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:48 am

Greg Payne is no longer Group Spa Director at Aman. Someone called Nichola Roche is now in charge.

Rumours also abound about CEO Olivier Jolivet leaving. Lots going on by the sound of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.