New Orleans: Where to stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Orleans: Where to stay?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by KatW
The "new" building is 300+ years old. It's new in that it was acquired, renovated and furnished after the main building was established as a hotel. It is directly across the one-way street from the main building. Bith buildings are about the same size, each features a courtyard and each shrieks history and oozes authentic charm of long ago.
How's the maintenance of the hotel these days? I haven't stayed there in years and thought the accommodation was looking a bit tired.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 9:12 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
How's the maintenance of the hotel these days? I haven't stayed there in years and thought the accommodation was looking a bit tired.
Suites in the addition are in better shape but, yes, a bit tired yet there's charm in that, especially in the Quarter.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:20 am
Original Poster

We ended up booking the Windsor Court. The RC club level lounge we were told is undergoing renovation.

We check-in today so will post quick thoughts when we arrive.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Will do a full report but the Windsor Court was a great deal for the money. Here are pics of the room we had.

Old Aug 20, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: DL, MR, SPG, UR, HH, UA, LUV
Any tips on how to bring wine on a long road trip? Nervous about the changing of temps.
Sorry this reply is so late! Just incase you need it in the future - Here is an easy way to transport wine. I've actually got the 1st generation version which is metal and looks like lab equipment! I've never had any problems with it.

http://www.winecruzer.com/
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:55 am

Any thoughts on the Hotel Monteleone?

Planning a trip to New Orleans in September 2016. Not seeking a raucous experience. Have seen favorable reviews of the Hotel Monteleone but am now off to also research the Soniat.

We may also end up in Memphis. Anyone knowledgeable about hotels there? The one I have seen with best reviews is River Inn of Harbor Town.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:38 am
ski

Windsor Court Winter Escape thru 3/31/16

Mail flyer - Offer code WINTER, Can text WINTER to 42828 to learn about offers
Rates start at $239* nightly, receive a suite upgrade and a $50 per night credit for cuisine, cocktails, spa services, or parking.
* Some restrictions apply, required stay prior to 3/31/16. Minimum stay requirements may apply, not combinable with other offers, based on availability, not more than 10 rooms.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:30 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I needed to be in New Orleans last week, and with an FHR 4th night free deal, Windsor Court won my business with a full suite for less than the cost of an entry level room at the Ritz-Carlton.

We stayed in a Deluxe Suite that was well-appointed and roomy, with two balconies that offered beautiful views of the Mississippi river (though they’d be far more beautiful if Harrah’s and the Hilton weren’t in the way).

Some notes from our stay:
  • We had room service breakfast each morning, and the quality was excellent (eggs were always cooked perfectly and the berries in the berry bowl were impressively sweet).
  • At turndown they left delicious home-made pralines. Turndown was also the source of my biggest gripe with our stay, as they missed it on two of our four nights. I mentioned it to the front desk, and while they didn’t miss it on our last night, nothing further was offered (I was fine with that and didn’t care enough to press on this).
  • No tub in the Deluxe Suite.
  • The hotel is quite obviously old, though it wears its age well. The recent renovation shows.
  • The fitness center was well polished and equipped, and given how indulgent the trip was, I probably should’ve spent more time here.
  • My wife had a facial in the spa and said it was great.
  • We preferred the Windsor Court, in both product and service, to the Ritz, where we stayed last year. I know others disagree, but we’d sooner return here.
Also had excellent meals at Compčre Lapin around the corner (so good we returned twice!).

Note: images are actually of a city-facing (not river-facing) suite. I took these as soon as I checked in, but then asked -- and was immediately granted -- a change to a river-facing suite of the same type.

bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:43 pm
Original Member

My issue with Windsor Court is the location. When in New Orleans, I want to be in the Quarter (either Audubon Cottages or Soniat House) or in the Garden District in one of the many boutique venues.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
I like the Windsor Court also and really like the location because it is an easy walk to the Quarter or Warehouse District without all of the noise of the Quarter at night.

The suites are very large and well priced most of the time.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:38 pm
Original Member

Plenty of lovely places in the Quarter which are quiet including the aforementioned Soniat House and Audubon Cottages.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:21 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by LM225
I needed to be in New Orleans last week, and with an FHR 4th night free deal, Windsor Court won my business with a full suite for less than the cost of an entry level room at the Ritz-Carlton.

We preferred the Windsor Court, in both product and service, to the Ritz, where we stayed last year. I know others disagree, but we’d sooner return here.
I assume this was a cost/benefit choice for you? What was the cost of the Windsor Court suite vs the price of the RC regular room (or RC suite)?

We weren’t fond of Windsor Court’s location or that of the more highly recommended Sonia House, so our last stay actually was in the Presidential Suite of the Omni Royal Orleans—smack dab in the midst of the French Quarter but a few blocks off Bourbon Street. The service and food/beverage were 5* outstanding, and the hard product and public spaces for the most part were 4.0* - 4.5* to us—comparable with the best in New Orleans, where little is truly 5 star.

I’m interested now in learning how a suite at the RC might compare with those at the Omni Royal Orleans or even the newly refurbished W New Orleans, as well as the Sonia, Waldorf, and Windsor. But I’d much rather be near or in the French Quarter.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:02 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I assume this was a cost/benefit choice for you?

Yep, though location played a role as well. My expectations for the best New Orleans hotels aren't nearly as high as they are for the best hotels in some other markets. My decision was purely based on this being the best price I could find on a suite in the top tier of hotels in the city.

What was the cost of the Windsor Court suite vs the price of the RC regular room (or RC suite)?
The Windsor Court Suite was $449/night (before the 4th night free was applied), while the RC lead-in room was $469. Sorry to say that I didn't bother to check the suite price, as that difference alone was enough for me to go with the Windsor.

We weren’t fond of Windsor Court’s location or that of the more highly recommended Sonia House, so our last stay actually was in the Presidential Suite of the Omni Royal Orleans—smack dab in the midst of the French Quarter but a few blocks off Bourbon Street. The service and food/beverage were 5* outstanding, and the hard product and public spaces for the most part were 4.0* - 4.5* to us—comparable with the best in New Orleans, where little is truly 5 star.
Interesting! My experience with Omni hotels is limited to a lackluster stay in NYC several years ago, so that's good to hear.

Obviously if you'd prefer to be in the French Quarter, the Windsor doesn't really deliver on that.

I had two separate business events to attend during my stay. One was in the FQ, and one was in the Garden District, so the Windsor location was perfect.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Any recent experiences at Windsor court club or Ritz club? Can anyone compare WC Club Premium Suite to RC club executive suite?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: Skymiles Plat/1MM, United Prem, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
I was at the WC in a premium suite about 2 months ago. Other than th decor not necessarily being my style, the room was perfectly fine - plenty of space, great shower, very efficient a/c ( I am even more stringent about this than bhrubin). And there was not a person on the staff there that did not provide outstanding service, which is why this is my go to place in New Orleans. Haven’t been to the RC in several years so can’t provide the suite comparison.
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.