Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wanderlustFL
Thank Aventine for providing this information! I sent another email on Christmas Eve to the general reservations account, cc'ing Mr. Maraviglia. I wasn't sure what response I would receive and certainly did not expect any answer until post holiday. Well,, on Christmas morning the GM responded directly to my note. He apologized for the poor treatment and promised to resolve himself next week. That is service indeed. Of course, I don't yet know what he will offer, but the very fact that he responded so quickly to a non-VIP potential guest speaks volumes. I will report back what he says.
I'm glad he responded to you and hope for the best.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2 questions just re availability - what room/suite categories are available on what dates ?
additionally, if there are minimum night requirements, what are they ?
if a room is not available for minimum nights, should be possible to change rooms, if youre willing.
obviously can also ask for minimum to be waived considering existing booking not being honored

FS taormina calendar
apr 1-20 "restrictions may apply" (like minimum stay / night requirement)
apr 15 was "no availability" at noon eastern dec 23, but no longer "no availability" at noon eastern dec 26

fast reply (sicily is 6 hours later than eastern time) on Christmas when hotel is closed from november to april - not bad even if you are not first to raise issue

thank you for posting what you have, please let us know what you think of end result, even if you do not share details

format for looking up FS GM etc >
press.fourseasons.com/taormina/hotel-team

re rates, thats how dynamic rates work, unfortunately long standard 'everywhere'
in 2012 FS did dynamic rates Airline Like Pricing Games at FS
in 2011 FS removed ratecards rates on FS sites
Originally Posted by Edwardvan
There was a big fight between the owner of the FS ... NYC and [FS] and the Internet booking engine was included in the legal complaint. Not sure what the outcome was
as noted upthread, same owner currently in dispute with FS over FS NY and FS santa barbara, both remain closed

curious if anyone has noticed recent changes in procedures at FS, or start to, now that Gates has taken full control
vuittonsofstyle likes this.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 28, 2021 at 8:55 am
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: UAL 1P, Bonvoy Plat, Delta Silver Med, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
I'm glad he responded to you and hope for the best.
I have heard back again from the GM. Unfortunately, he indicates that the FS San Domenico continues to be unable to honor our existing reservation. He gave no explanation. BUT, he offered to "walk" us to the Belmond for the 3 night stay fully paid for by the FS. So, while we remain disappointed that we cannot stay as planned, the result is more than satisfactory. Aventine, we owe you a drink at the very least but more like a full dinner!

I also must say that the GM has been so responsive and generous with his offer that his actions have worked very much as intended: I would choose this hotel again in a heart beat if we return at some future date to Taormina. Well done FS!
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks, good to hear

wonder if hotels ever choose to say restrictions may apply when there is really no availability

would be odd to have min stay at start (or end) of season, and if booked 3 nights, for min to be 4+
Old Dec 28, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
I have heard back again from the GM. Unfortunately, he indicates that the FS San Domenico continues to be unable to honor our existing reservation. He gave no explanation. BUT, he offered to "walk" us to the Belmond for the 3 night stay fully paid for by the FS. So, while we remain disappointed that we cannot stay as planned, the result is more than satisfactory. Aventine, we owe you a drink at the very least but more like a full dinner!

I also must say that the GM has been so responsive and generous with his offer that his actions have worked very much as intended: I would choose this hotel again in a heart beat if we return at some future date to Taormina. Well done FS!
I will be visiting this hotel as part of one of the FS Jet Journeys. After several date changes I’m now on the Aug. 2023 departure but my original date was this spring…perhaps the hotel was blocked for one of the jet trips? Not sure how many rooms there are.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sep 16 2020
press.fourseasons.com/news-releases/2020/new-four-seasons-in-taormina/

nov 19 2020
press.fourseasons.com/news-releases/2020/2022-private-jet-itineraries/
m.fourseasons.com/content/dam/fourseasons/images/web/JTT/pdfs/JTT-FourSeasonsAncientExplorer2022SalesFlyerFINAL-ua.pdf
APRIL 26 – 29 San Domenico Palace, Taormina, A Four Seasons Hotel
APRIL 29 – MAY 1 Four Seasons Hotel Madrid

so not before apr 20, but perhaps they were not sure when they were going to open for season

111 rooms
FlyerEC and ERtraveler like this.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 28, 2021 at 9:34 am
Old Dec 28, 2021, 4:00 pm

Programs: IHG One Rewards & World of Hyatt

That's a great result all things considered! Props to them for making good on this for you. Enjoy the trip.

Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:22 pm

New Orleans

Originally Posted by Travis123
Anyone know if the New Orleans location will be part of the Preferred Partner program?
I recently enjoyed a fabulous stay at the new FS New Orleans!! I cannot elaborate on much since my time was a bit limited, but I can offer this...
The hotel is beautiful. The Chandelier Bar in the lobby is very lovely and lively. Proof of vaccination is required before entering the hotel each time, or one could show room key. All employees wear masks and practice safe Covid protocols. Guests were not "required" to wear masks, per regulations in effect at the time of my visit.
The FSPP benefits were appreciated and were presented at check-in, along with a refreshing flute of champagne. River views were wonderful with lots of activity.. paddleboats, a cruise ship every now and then, container ships, etc. The railroad tracks run right next to the hotel and blow their whistles between midnight and 7am or so, but I understand there is very little rail traffic during the night. I never heard the train whisltes, even though my floor was about midway up, because of the thick window panes and because I use the Bose NC Ear Buds (love them). Regular Ear Plugs are provided in room. The whistles were heard only occasionally during the day, but were not intrusive, I rather enjoyed watching the trains. A remote wall panel next to the bed controlled the sheer and blackout drapes, Do Not Disturb, lighting, etc. A Courant mag charger on one side of bed was also very convenient.
The bath used the large refillable bottles of Shampoo, Conditioner, and Body Oil! Individual bars of soap were provided.
The food was fabulous at both Chemin a la Mer (my preferred) and Miss River. In-Room Dining was wonderful. I do not believe the Spa is open, nor the top observation deck, but inquire as I could be mistaken.
Caesar's Palace is renovating directly across the street and can be seen from the City View rooms.
I LOVED this visit and look forward to many returns. Service was always great and friendly. I'm still enjoying the wonderful memories!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 2:19 am

Programs: IHG One Rewards & World of Hyatt
Originally Posted by HawaiiCalls
I recently enjoyed a fabulous stay at the new FS New Orleans!! I cannot elaborate on much since my time was a bit limited, but I can offer this...
The hotel is beautiful. The Chandelier Bar in the lobby is very lovely and lively. Proof of vaccination is required before entering the hotel each time, or one could show room key. All employees wear masks and practice safe Covid protocols. Guests were not "required" to wear masks, per regulations in effect at the time of my visit.
The FSPP benefits were appreciated and were presented at check-in, along with a refreshing flute of champagne. River views were wonderful with lots of activity.. paddleboats, a cruise ship every now and then, container ships, etc. The railroad tracks run right next to the hotel and blow their whistles between midnight and 7am or so, but I understand there is very little rail traffic during the night. I never heard the train whisltes, even though my floor was about midway up, because of the thick window panes and because I use the Bose NC Ear Buds (love them). Regular Ear Plugs are provided in room. The whistles were heard only occasionally during the day, but were not intrusive, I rather enjoyed watching the trains. A remote wall panel next to the bed controlled the sheer and blackout drapes, Do Not Disturb, lighting, etc. A Courant mag charger on one side of bed was also very convenient.
The bath used the large refillable bottles of Shampoo, Conditioner, and Body Oil! Individual bars of soap were provided.
The food was fabulous at both Chemin a la Mer (my preferred) and Miss River. In-Room Dining was wonderful. I do not believe the Spa is open, nor the top observation deck, but inquire as I could be mistaken.
Caesar's Palace is renovating directly across the street and can be seen from the City View rooms.
I LOVED this visit and look forward to many returns. Service was always great and friendly. I'm still enjoying the wonderful memories!
Sounds a wonderful stay! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:36 pm

Four Seasons Hotels to manage the Danieli Hotel in Venice, Italy – CPP-LUXURY
Old Jan 7, 2022, 3:10 am

Very interesting, thank you for sharing. Wonderful FS are saving this property from Marriott But 30 million EUR budget for a renovation, by PYR no less? Uh oh... not sure that will go far.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Also think it's a great news. But 30 millions seems indeed not very much, would more think 300.....
FlyerEC, Shangri-La and scented like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:10 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure what 30 million Euros would do a big dent here.
offerendum and scented like this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:21 am

And.... after what seems a lot of back and forth, Four Seasons seems out of the race to manage the Danieli Hotel. I just read that this property is owned by Statuto (FS Milan, FS Taormina, MO Milan)... which now really explains why they only want to spend €30 million euros on renovations. Along with FS, now PYR is out as well... renovations being taken over by "an Italian designer".

If anything, this gives us a LOT more insight into what might have happened with FS Taormina. I always wondered why Gilles and Boissier were ousted from the project in favour of... you might have guessed it... an "Italian designer".

All this due to allegedly the negative reaction because of Bill Gates... are people really that naive and think Mr Gates cares about Four Seasons' day-to-day operations? FS has no equity in the project.

Meanwhile, FS Milan seems to... again!... struggle for funds to complete the rooms renovation at FS Milan, so far only lobby and restaurants were overhauled, despite press coverage. Also Statuto...

It remains to be seen who will manage Danieli next, but I don't envy that group, as it surely won't be easy with this owner.
Revolution likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:56 am

I wish they had kept Gilles & Boissier onboard as FS Taormina's new look is far from being inspired.
scented likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.