Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2022, 2:18 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Four Season Ko’Olina

Just stayed at their garden room for 3 nights.

Service: Excellent, friendly, and genuine. Staff that remembers your details, and are proud of their employer. The service shows.

Hardproduct: Abit dated, but even being on the 4th floor, the noise is not an issue.

Food: The in house restaurant was delicious for breakfast and lunch. Lunch was our favorite, with excellent tacos and dessert. Michael Mina’s fish house was a let down. I would highly recommend Noe (Italian Restaurant), and in our view, one of the top restaurants on Oahu.

Amenities: Lots of pools, and the gym/rec center is amazing. Pretty much all of the equipment you can ask for.

Summary: Best Oahu hotel we have been to, and would come back as a staycation. The employees recommended Big Islands FS property for the serenity. If you don’t mind the dated hardproduct, the service and food is excellent.
francophile likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:26 pm

Naviva®, A Four Seasons Resort, Punta Mita, Mexico opens late 2022 – CPP-LUXURY
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Interesting. I wonder where this is going to be on the Peninsula?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 1:10 am

FS to open a property in Melbourne, Australia.

​​​​​​Four Seasons chooses Melbourne for second Australian hotel - Executive Traveller
Old Feb 17, 2022, 1:54 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Shangri-La
FS to open a property in Melbourne, Australia.

​​​​​​Four Seasons chooses Melbourne for second Australian hotel - Executive Traveller
Yes. MEL is going to have more rooms that residents at this rate!
Shangri-La likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
FS dynamic pricing is going to give me a heart attack. Planning my honeymoon at FS Hualalai. Found a good rate I can live with for 10 nights. Had to move some credit around so I can put it all on my card. Prices have stayed the same for weeks. I go to book this morning, prices increase 36% (to a point I just can't justify)--and this is true for pretty much every date for the rest of the year. Just leaves me with bad vibes.

Edit - I spoke with them and they honored the rate. Very happy now ha.
United747 likes this.

Last edited by Jerkstore; Feb 24, 2022 at 12:45 pm
Old Feb 25, 2022, 2:30 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Jerkstore
FS dynamic pricing is going to give me a heart attack. Planning my honeymoon at FS Hualalai. Found a good rate I can live with for 10 nights. Had to move some credit around so I can put it all on my card. Prices have stayed the same for weeks. I go to book this morning, prices increase 36% (to a point I just can't justify)--and this is true for pretty much every date for the rest of the year. Just leaves me with bad vibes.

Edit - I spoke with them and they honored the rate. Very happy now ha.
Never wait to block a room, even if a deposit is required most hotels will give you a day or two to get it all together.
FS Hawaii team is especially kind to preferred partner advisors who need time to "present" the options to clients
francophile, offerendum and Nizar like this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

key is "I spoke with them" (thanks for updating!) and can always contact / email management level / GM / etc, definitely much more common at luxury hotels including FS and not just smaller properties like aman

pretty sure most here would prefer buyouts to what was reported here at FS maui of US TV show filming at pool etc , also even things like the hotel's only pool being closed to guests due to events

Naviva®, A Four Seasons Resort, Punta Mita, Mexico will offer a collection of 15 luxury tents nestled in the lush forests of the Riviera Nayarit with sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean
wonder how often it will be bought out exclusively. rates may frequently be high, although not as high as hawaii
scented likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:05 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Just got an email about an FS in Minneapolis - opening this summer.

Definitely news to me - I’ll have to give it a try this summer.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:40 am

It's great that FS Taormina secured a buyout ("exclusive use") for March, which tends to be a bit slow still, though I wonder if it's a great idea to now post about it on social media all the time -- feels a bit tacky with a pinch of unclassy -- wonder who they're to convince (of what??)
Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by scented
It's great that FS Taormina secured a buyout ("exclusive use") for March, which tends to be a bit slow still, though I wonder if it's a great idea to now post about it on social media all the time -- feels a bit tacky with a pinch of unclassy -- wonder who they're to convince (of what??)
Have you seen what FS Maui is charging on the heels of White Lotus? They want that Lotus money.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Jerkstore
Have you seen what FS Maui is charging on the heels of White Lotus? They want that Lotus money.
True, though all of Hawaii has seen a spike in rates since the pandemic. But for better or worse, the PR factor is certainly there...
Old Mar 2, 2022, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by scented
True, though all of Hawaii has seen a spike in rates since the pandemic. But for better or worse, the PR factor is certainly there...
FS Maui used to be priced less than FS Hualalai. And for good measure--Hualalai is generally the superior property in most respects. Now? I have seen Maui at least 50% more expensive and some dates it is twice as much as Hualalai. FS Maui is also pricing higher than FS Lanai!
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:35 am

FS FLL?

I saw that FLL is opening today. We're considering it for next week. Anybody have any insight whether we should expect all facilities (pool, dining, fitness, spa) to be up and running in the first week? My experience with other hotel brands is that they can do very "soft" openings - hopefully FS opens only when all cylinders firing. Also, any other insights on FS FLL welcome (we'd prefer FS Surfside by the pricing is very high - $2500/night for low-end.
Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:13 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by deaddog
I saw that FLL is opening today. We're considering it for next week. Anybody have any insight whether we should expect all facilities (pool, dining, fitness, spa) to be up and running in the first week? My experience with other hotel brands is that they can do very "soft" openings - hopefully FS opens only when all cylinders firing. Also, any other insights on FS FLL welcome (we'd prefer FS Surfside by the pricing is very high - $2500/night for low-end.
Thanks
They already did their soft opening with invited guests & friends..... F&B, spa, pool deck etc is open. The residence levels are still a work in progress but the residence is rather separate in terms of access. It is not like you are going to see construction workers in the elevators. As you probably already know, this was built in a very similar style to Surfside. The arc in rate between FS Surfside and their closest competition, St Regis, is incredible. This experiment to grab more market share in Florida with the FS-FLL is interesting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.