Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

What is the best resort in Bodrum (Turkey)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the best resort in Bodrum (Turkey)?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by tcmb99
i went to caresse for a concert this summer. i think it is a very nice property, but if price is not an issue I would choose MO.
Thanks but I only opted for Bodrum in this case because of wanting to try Caresse. The fact that MO closes on Nov 1 isn't hepful either
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:46 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
While I can understand the outstanding service, privacy, & villa design at a very reasonable rate, personally I find it hard to understand why anybody would spend precious time in a remote and uninteresting part of Greece.
I must largely agree with this assessment about Amanzoe. While we are considering a return trip to Greece for fall 2018, Amanzoe doesn't look to be included--which surprises even us, as we are obviously big fans of Aman.

Amanzoe reminds me a bit of Amanemu: beautiful properties in low demand/relatively unremarkable areas with few points of interest nearby at all, but where Aman appears to be relying mostly on local markets to keep the place in operation. Both seem to have been built in an attempt to create a high market destination from nothing. And we seem to be likely to skip both due to there not being any reason for us to want to go to either.

Amanzoe seems built for the summer Euro season...and not much else. Why and when else might I want a villa with a pool on the Med? There's little else around to justify the visit for me in fall 2018, and I'd much rather see Santorini and the Meteora monasteries. (THAT would have been an amazing and unique location for an Aman IMO, reminiscent of Amanjiwo and Borobudur. Aman seems to have moved away from that approach to its detriment.)

Last edited by bhrubin; Oct 17, 2017 at 9:54 am
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:46 am

Amanzoe is an exercise in how much revenue can be generated over the course of 3 months. I still think the architecture alone is worth a visit and the shoulder seasons are excellent value — also easier for the team to keep up with the service expected at this price point.

Don’t forget that Dolphin Capital went to great lengths to develop and market the area, which has become a bit of a hotspot in its own right. I prefer the area over Spetses and the likes.

That service can be a problem is a different story.
Old May 9, 2018, 6:19 am

Currently staying at Amanruya. My first stay so can’t compare with pre-closure period before last year.

So far I don’t think any kind of renovations were executed. Perhaps some minor refurbishments as far as those were needed. Pavillions are in good shape and we like the hard product, look and feel.

Resort is still starting up and occupancy is low (I would guess 9 guests including us).

SPA is still small and services are very limited, massages only at the moment. Afaik no new, bigger spa was built but I will make sure to ask for more details in the next days. We only arrived yesterday evening.

Interactions with staf have been great, pre arrival communications included. Igor Barba (ex Sveti Stefan, Amandaya) is appointed GM.

Will make sure to report back after our stay.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
I think it was just ownership problems that closed the resort and they painted it as an upgrade. i am booked for july so please let us know how things are at the end of your stay.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Paramount Hotel Bodrum

Hello i have a stay with the family at Paramount Bodrum ....wondering if anyone's stayed and have any advice/thoughts or tips on the property.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Any current status info of MO quality and service?..there are some unspecified reports on FT of a "deteriorated" state which isn't reflected in the tripadvisor's big picture of overall ratings in recent time. As a bonus, any comparison to FS Astir Palace in ATH?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:49 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I'd look into the Caresse, Luxury Collection, and The Edition. Both are getting rave reviews.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 11:17 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Any recent stays in Bodrum ?
what's best available these days ? Still MO ?
amanruya doesn't seem to get rave reviews here (or anywhere)
Old Sep 7, 2020, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by ngfan
Any current status info of MO quality and service?..there are some unspecified reports on FT of a "deteriorated" state which isn't reflected in the tripadvisor's big picture of overall ratings in recent time. As a bonus, any comparison to FS Astir Palace in ATH?
FS Astir is in an enitrely different league to any of the Bodrum hotels, which, although lovely to look at tend to disappoint.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Nizar
Any recent stays in Bodrum ?
what's best available these days ? Still MO ?
amanruya doesn't seem to get rave reviews here (or anywhere)
I’m here now at the Edition. I’m usually lukewarm about the brand (enjoyed LA though) but decided to give it a try as it has gotten very good reviews recently. The hotel is 100% full but is running pretty smoothly. The room needs some touch up (doors cracking, some stained furniture) but is comfortable in the usual Edition minimalist style. We have a deluxe ocean view in the same building as most of the facilities. Fantastic view, noise isn’t an issue, and surprisingly quite private. The space is a little small though and lacks a proper sitting area and table for room service. Food is average with some dishes being enjoyable, but you’ll eat better outside. Beach gets crowded in the afternoon as they start letting outside guests in after 12. Pool is enjoyable but freezing cold. Service is generally friendly and competent but I think some staff is starting to have end of season fatigue. All in all - a fine resort and a great Edition hotel, but I would go for higher category rooms to have more space if you’re spending more than a few nights here. Moving to Amanruya on Thursday so we will see how that goes.

We had dinner at a relatively new hotel (Macakizi) about 20 minutes away from the Edition last night and were impressed by the food. The hotel also felt very private (lots of beautifully landscaped winding paths / stairs leading to different areas). I did not see the rooms so can’t comment on those but the beach club was beautiful and more chic than the Edition (though there is no beach). I also didn’t see a pool but it may just have been in another area of the hotel.
Nizar likes this.

Last edited by Fc912; Sep 8, 2020 at 3:27 am
Old Sep 8, 2020, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Fc912
I’m here now at the Edition. I’m usually lukewarm about the brand (enjoyed LA though) but decided to give it a try as it has gotten very good reviews recently. The hotel is 100% full but is running pretty smoothly. The room needs some touch up (doors cracking, some stained furniture) but is comfortable in the usual Edition minimalist style. We have a deluxe ocean view in the same building as most of the facilities. Fantastic view, noise isn’t an issue, and surprisingly quite private. The space is a little small though and lacks a proper sitting area and table for room service. Food is average with some dishes being enjoyable, but you’ll eat better outside. Beach gets crowded in the afternoon as they start letting outside guests in after 12. Pool is enjoyable but freezing cold. Service is generally friendly and competent but I think some staff is starting to have end of season fatigue. All in all - a fine resort and a great Edition hotel, but I would go for higher category rooms to have more space if you’re spending more than a few nights here. Moving to Amanruya on Thursday so we will see how that goes.

We had dinner at a relatively new hotel (Macakizi) about 20 minutes away from the Edition last night and were impressed by the food. The hotel also felt very private (lots of beautifully landscaped winding paths / stairs leading to different areas). I did not see the rooms so can’t comment on those but the beach club was beautiful and more chic than the Edition (though there is no beach). I also didn’t see a pool but it may just have been in another area of the hotel.
Maçakizi Hotel has been around since the late 1970s! Not new at all. It is much loved by hoteliers and used to be where all the glitterati hung out. It is a very special place.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Maçakizi Hotel has been around since the late 1970s! Not new at all. It is much loved by hoteliers and used to be where all the glitterati hung out. It is a very special place.
Ah! Thank you for the correction. Not sure why I thought it was new...
Old Sep 9, 2020, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Fc912
Ah! Thank you for the correction. Not sure why I thought it was new...
The original owner's son created what you can see now at the end of the 1990s. They keep the place very up to date, which is probably why you thought it was new.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 3:06 pm

I am very much looking forward to FS Bodrum, which is in a late development stage and should be ready by next summer. Same owner as both Istanbul properties and knowing Tarek M is behind this project, can only imagine how special this will be. It appears Ruya is a disappointment on many levels these days...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.