Old Sep 8, 20, 4:20 am
Fc912

Originally Posted by Nizar View Post
Any recent stays in Bodrum ?
what's best available these days ? Still MO ?
amanruya doesn't seem to get rave reviews here (or anywhere)
Iím here now at the Edition. Iím usually lukewarm about the brand (enjoyed LA though) but decided to give it a try as it has gotten very good reviews recently. The hotel is 100% full but is running pretty smoothly. The room needs some touch up (doors cracking, some stained furniture) but is comfortable in the usual Edition minimalist style. We have a deluxe ocean view in the same building as most of the facilities. Fantastic view, noise isnít an issue, and surprisingly quite private. The space is a little small though and lacks a proper sitting area and table for room service. Food is average with some dishes being enjoyable, but youíll eat better outside. Beach gets crowded in the afternoon as they start letting outside guests in after 12. Pool is enjoyable but freezing cold. Service is generally friendly and competent but I think some staff is starting to have end of season fatigue. All in all - a fine resort and a great Edition hotel, but I would go for higher category rooms to have more space if youíre spending more than a few nights here. Moving to Amanruya on Thursday so we will see how that goes.

We had dinner at a relatively new hotel (Macakizi) about 20 minutes away from the Edition last night and were impressed by the food. The hotel also felt very private (lots of beautifully landscaped winding paths / stairs leading to different areas). I did not see the rooms so canít comment on those but the beach club was beautiful and more chic than the Edition (though there is no beach). I also didnít see a pool but it may just have been in another area of the hotel.

Last edited by Fc912; Sep 8, 20 at 4:27 am