Old Oct 17, 17, 7:46 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post
While I can understand the outstanding service, privacy, & villa design at a very reasonable rate, personally I find it hard to understand why anybody would spend precious time in a remote and uninteresting part of Greece.
I must largely agree with this assessment about Amanzoe. While we are considering a return trip to Greece for fall 2018, Amanzoe doesn't look to be included--which surprises even us, as we are obviously big fans of Aman.

Amanzoe reminds me a bit of Amanemu: beautiful properties in low demand/relatively unremarkable areas with few points of interest nearby at all, but where Aman appears to be relying mostly on local markets to keep the place in operation. Both seem to have been built in an attempt to create a high market destination from nothing. And we seem to be likely to skip both due to there not being any reason for us to want to go to either.

Amanzoe seems built for the summer Euro season...and not much else. Why and when else might I want a villa with a pool on the Med? There's little else around to justify the visit for me in fall 2018, and I'd much rather see Santorini and the Meteora monasteries. (THAT would have been an amazing and unique location for an Aman IMO, reminiscent of Amanjiwo and Borobudur. Aman seems to have moved away from that approach to its detriment.)

Last edited by bhrubin; Oct 17, 17 at 10:54 am