Wiki Posts
Search

THE Hotel not to be missed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:32 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by peter11
My experience at at Amankila was quite wonderful. I know there are better though.
Not necessarily.......let's just say Amankila has every right to be mentioned in this thread!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:08 am
Community Director Emerita

Schoenburg Castle - magical in its setting high above the Rhine. We add layovers at Frankfurt in order to spend a night here.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

it will be interesting because this is a different question from other threads/posts on top properties.

Originally Posted by The_Daddy
Are you sure about Amanpulo?
i see you didnt read full report

Originally Posted by Musken
The beach is the best I have seen

The best service I have ever experienced after having been at 8 Amans, 11 FS resorts (most Asia) and several other luxury hotel.

The most relaxing holiday I have ever been on.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Maya Ubud. Bali, Indonesia
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:49 am
Aman Contributor Badge

@Musken: I know it's hard to stick with one :-)! Are you sure about Amanpulo? it is not your opinion influenced by fresh memories? I read you just got back from there!
For me the Amanpulo holiday was the best I ever had. If it will be for others, I cannot influence. I do not necessarily believe that it is perfect for everyone. If you do not want a rather isolated and private beach holidays, you should not go. If you like modern design or bling-bling, you should not go. If you like to dress up to see and be seen, you should not go. And I could go on. This would be the reasons that I would not want to name it as the hotel not to be missed. It is extremely personal, it is always a combination of the kind of state you are in and what the hotel can offer (if I would - like normally - have wanted to see a lot and do a lot, Amanpulo would have been wrong, for example). Finally: Of course an opinion is influenced by fresh memories: In my trip report thread, someone said that he/she started longing for Amanpulo instead of going on a Bali Aman trip. This made me think back at extremely fond memories also from the Bali Aman trip. Other things were great, other things were on offer, I loved it, too. But right now, I love Amanpulo the most. You might, too. Or not. If you are like me, you will.
MacMyDay likes this.

Last edited by Musken; Mar 22, 2012 at 11:54 am
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:11 pm

Impossible to answer - it depends where I have just been to. If pushed, I would say, generically, Aman.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

related - whats closing or losing management or at risk of same?
for example - FS provence and chinzan-so (both losing FS mgmt)
chinzano-so is also an example of a property that used to have club
besides clubs, there might be other (integral) parts of hotels that change? (not restaurants)
or specific offerings actually - elephant ride to/from amanjiwo was one of the biggest losses
edit - so for this thread, could include offerings where there has been discussion of ending

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 22, 2012 at 2:23 pm
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:38 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

@Musken: I know it's hard to stick with one :-)! Are you sure about Amanpulo? it is not your opinion influenced by fresh memories? I read you just got back from there!
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Impossible to answer - it depends where I have just been to. If pushed, I would say, generically, Aman.
So maybe where I have just been is most important... Maybe I will just have to agree with vuittons? Hmmmm.

At least, if we do it "my way" (rating sub-items rather than the full hotel experience), Aman's would be top of most criteria.... (will not ruin this thread with another of my "best of" votes).

Last edited by Musken; Mar 22, 2012 at 12:47 pm
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the difference with this thread is its asking to pick one from best properties, best suites, best views, best excursions, best settings, best (private) beaches, history, art, design, amenities

chefs at hotels where dining is not open to public might also be considered
private skiing and golf would be others

it CAN be overall, but doesnt HAVE to be overall

Il San Pietro

Reclamed to the rock it is a unique architecture that meld within nature

Every room is sea front view with a terrace

one of the most impressive view of the planet

at sunset, Positano starts lighting on
architecture
view
base room isnt "garden view" etc

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 22, 2012 at 2:23 pm
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
the difference with this thread is its asking to pick one from best properties, best suites, best views, best excursions, best settings, best (private) beaches, history, art, design, amenities

chefs at hotels where dining is not open to public might also be considered
private skiing and golf would be others

it CAN be overall, but doesnt HAVE to be overall

architecture, view
base room isnt "garden view" etc
That's exactly what I meant..... It does not have to be the best....I can think about many hotels that I consider from several point of view better then the hotel I named.... I wanted to ask something that belong more to a unique feeling that this certain Hotel can stimulate in a person....
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
Originally Posted by Musken
For me the Amanpulo holiday was the best I ever had. If it will be for others, I cannot influence. I do not necessarily believe that it is perfect for everyone. If you do not want a rather isolated and private beach holidays, you should not go. If you like modern design or bling-bling, you should not go. If you like to dress up to see and be seen, you should not go. And I could go on. This would be the reasons that I would not want to name it as the hotel not to be missed. It is extremely personal, it is always a combination of the kind of state you are in and what the hotel can offer (if I would - like normally - have wanted to see a lot and do a lot, Amanpulo would have been wrong, for example). Finally: Of course an opinion is influenced by fresh memories: In my trip report thread, someone said that he/she started longing for Amanpulo instead of going on a Bali Aman trip. This made me think back at extremely fond memories also from the Bali Aman trip. Other things were great, other things were on offer, I loved it, too. But right now, I love Amanpulo the most. You might, too. Or not. If you are like me, you will.
Absolutely I agree, It is totally personal and that is what i meant to ask.
I must say as well that with this last addition to Amanpulo you completely got me.... I MUST go there asap.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:04 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

That's exactly what I meant..... It does not have to be the best....I can think about many hotels that I consider from several point of view better then the hotel I named.... I wanted to ask something that belong more to a unique feeling that this certain Hotel can stimulate in a person....
Great addition to your question. If you would have written this in the first place, I would surely have said Amanpulo. It just got me, it was what my family and myself needed at this point of time. I do not put Amanpulo on top when it comes to every individual criteria (for me Amanpulo is on top for beach and for service, and not for other critiria), but the total experience was just perfect. The memories from Amanpulo will always be in my heart, many other hotel memories are on pictures.

Last edited by Musken; Mar 22, 2012 at 2:23 pm
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which one is THE Hotel not to be missed absolutely in a life time. That property that, absolutely, you MUST see at least once.
also - what would be biggest loss if closed (or offering if ended)
(im sure there are many such properties that have already, but that is for another thread)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 22, 2012 at 2:24 pm
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Having thought about this for several days, I can't narrow it down to one yet so for now until I make up my mind, my candidates in alphabetical order are:

Amanpulo
Amanpuri
Cipriani
Yellowstone Club
Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 5khours
Yellowstone Club
no hotel, and i seem to recall a min lease unless prosect
hmm, maybe changed under new owner >
http://www.goulstonstorrs.com/Practi...lityRecreation
One feature of the Yellowstone Club is a rental program administered and coordinated by the Club through which Club members may rent their home(s)/unit(s) to other Club members, guests and prospective Club members and home purchasers.
only original thing i can find >
http://mtstandard.com/lifestyles/rec...881172b6d.html
Under club rules, the elder Long was welcome to ski as a guest for up to two weeks every year.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 22, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.