FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Luxury Hotels In New York (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1303996-luxury-hotels-new-york.html)

bhrubin May 6, 2018 8:35 am

St. Regis New York one of the best in the world

I’d forgotten to mention that we had a gloriously impeccable stay in March at the St. Regis New York. My Expert Review:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ular-stay-2408

There is no question to us that the StR New York is one of the best luxury hotels in New York City, and it unquestionably is one of our greatest stays of all-time anywhere in the world. (We’ve added the StR New York as the 14th property on our previous list of 13 all time best stays.)

I suppose its not having a pool can be an issue for some, and the Beaux Arts/traditional style may not be to everyone’s liking. It isn’t our style, and yet we loved the hotel and found it extraordinarily comfortable, regardless. To me, that says a lot.

And the service and food/beverage are incomparable. Our Table 55 experience at the King Cole Bar was better even than our dinner the next night at Eleven Madison Park. That most certainly says a lot. The fact that the concierge team even got us the booking at EMP says quite a lot, too.

brandie May 6, 2018 8:42 am

Stayed at Lotte Palace New York (next to St Patricks Cathedral) in October of 2017. We stayed in the hotel part. Lobby is stellar. Rooms in the hotel part are average at best.

brandie May 6, 2018 8:45 am

Thanks for the tip David re: Virtuoso and the New York Edition rate!

RichardInSF May 6, 2018 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by brandie (Post 29721556)
Thanks for the tip David re: Virtuoso and the New York Edition rate!

This is pretty much true for all hotels in either the Virtuoso or Amex Fine Hotels program (the latter for Platinum and Centurion card holders). Instead of discounting from rack, they add features.

JohnRain Oct 9, 2018 6:00 am

Planning a trip in November; interested in recent reviews, especially about the Baccarat or FS.

chad75 Oct 9, 2018 7:05 am

Spent six nights in a Terrace Suite at the Whitby Hotel while attending the tennis - truly a throughly enjoyable hotel. Extremely well furnished in terms of comfort, obviously thoughts on styling are very subjective, the room also felt a lot larger than it was. Absolutely loved the terrace - perhaps in November not so much! Soundproofing and bed comfort absolutely superb.

Bar is really excellent - breakfast is adequate. What I really liked was being a smaller hotel you do get to know the staff quite well - and shock horror they are all allowed to retain their own unique personalities as opposed to the drone like beings you get at some hotels.

Little nitpicking - the blackout curtains had some light bleed. Afternoon tea brings in a lot of non guests into the living areas. Again very subjective but some of the public areas are furnished in a manner that is starting to cross into unintentional self-parody. Also I know it is part of the "brand" but a seperate bidet? Get with the times and put in a toto. I'm sure I'm in a minority with this view - but the space "wasted" on the screening room would have made an awesome indoor pool. :)

Definitely worth considering as a smaller more personal hotel.

Aventine Oct 9, 2018 7:09 am

Originally Posted by JohnRain (Post 30295052)
Planning a trip in November; interested in recent reviews, especially about the Baccarat or FS.

I enjoyed my brief stay at FS Downtown but you probably mean FS New York.

JohnRain Oct 9, 2018 7:16 am

Indeed, FS New York.

vuittonsofstyle Oct 9, 2018 10:39 am

Originally Posted by chad75 (Post 30295223)
Spent six nights in a Terrace Suite at the Whitby Hotel while attending the tennis - truly a throughly enjoyable hotel. Extremely well furnished in terms of comfort, obviously thoughts on styling are very subjective, the room also felt a lot larger than it was. Absolutely loved the terrace - perhaps in November not so much! Soundproofing and bed comfort absolutely superb.

Bar is really excellent - breakfast is adequate. What I really liked was being a smaller hotel you do get to know the staff quite well - and shock horror they are all allowed to retain their own unique personalities as opposed to the drone like beings you get at some hotels.

Little nitpicking - the blackout curtains had some light bleed. Afternoon tea brings in a lot of non guests into the living areas. Again very subjective but some of the public areas are furnished in a manner that is starting to cross into unintentional self-parody. Also I know it is part of the "brand" but a seperate bidet? Get with the times and put in a toto. I'm sure I'm in a minority with this view - but the space "wasted" on the screening room would have made an awesome indoor pool. :)

Definitely worth considering as a smaller more personal hotel.

The thing I like about The Greenwich is they don't allow outsiders into the lounge, so it's much quieter and residential.

thelark Oct 11, 2018 1:31 pm

Just got back from RC Central Park:

No upgrade even though rooms appeared available.

We found the club lounge to be lacking with respect to food choices and operating hours. For example, when stopping for hors d'oeuvres in the early evening, finding desserts out (before 8pm on a weekend). The staff was clearing the lounge around 10pm and shutting down for 10:30, which is the perfect time for a post-dinner drink. Guests were told that they were welcome to stay in the lounge until security would make their rounds :rolleyes: Absolutely not worth the cost.

Asked for a late checkout and I was told that only 1pm would be possible. I indicated to the front desk clerk that Platinum members have a 4pm "guaranteed" late check out and was told, "The guarantee is only to 2pm so we can stretch it to that." Either way it was irrelevant as we had to be in Chelsea and couldn't be back up to the hotel until after 2. Our plan was to be able to pack and clean up at the hotel and then check out at 4 to head to the airport. With that not being an option, we had to then rush to pack everything and get it downstairs to check out at 11. It actually threw off our entire day.

At least the rooms were a decent size and were well maintained.

offerendum Oct 12, 2018 5:44 am

Originally Posted by thelark (Post 30304671)
Just got back from RC Central Park:

No upgrade even though rooms appeared available.

We found the club lounge to be lacking with respect to food choices and operating hours. For example, when stopping for hors d'oeuvres in the early evening, finding desserts out (before 8pm on a weekend). The staff was clearing the lounge around 10pm and shutting down for 10:30, which is the perfect time for a post-dinner drink. Guests were told that they were welcome to stay in the lounge until security would make their rounds :rolleyes: Absolutely not worth the cost.

Asked for a late checkout and I was told that only 1pm would be possible. I indicated to the front desk clerk that Platinum members have a 4pm "guaranteed" late check out and was told, "The guarantee is only to 2pm so we can stretch it to that." Either way it was irrelevant as we had to be in Chelsea and couldn't be back up to the hotel until after 2. Our plan was to be able to pack and clean up at the hotel and then check out at 4 to head to the airport. With that not being an option, we had to then rush to pack everything and get it downstairs to check out at 11. It actually threw off our entire day.

At least the rooms were a decent size and were well maintained.

Sounds underwhelming.....

mrmbenz1 Oct 12, 2018 11:02 am

Originally Posted by JohnRain (Post 30295052)

Not sure if this reply will be helpful as you've likely already booked your stay for November; nevertheless, I thought I'd share my thoughts on recent stays at both the Four Seasons New York (Midtown) and Four Seasons New York Downtown. Long story short, unless you absolutely need/want to be in midtown, FS Downtown in my opinion is the best hotel in the city, and easily surpasses the midtown location in almost every category. I stayed at both properties back to back during one of my NY trips this year, starting at Downtown for a few days, then switching over to Midtown. The experiences could not have been more different and I almost found it difficult to believe these two properties belonged to the same hotel company. I've been back to NY twice since and would not consider staying anywhere other than FS Downtown.

While both properties are modern in design, the FS Downtown has more character and is a fantastic execution of the Yabu-Pushelberg design aesthetic (FS Toronto, Park Hyatt New York). Although the Downtown lobby is not nearly as large or grand as in Midtown, it nevertheless feels much more inviting and does have a few nice sitting areas.

I don't normally spend much time in the lobby, particularly in NY, so it's more or less a push on that front, but things get significantly more interesting when you move upstairs to the rooms. Midtown's competitive advantage is the fact that the rooms are absolutely HUGE by NY standards, highlighted by the fact that post-renovation, the hotel has re-categorized all of their normal guestrooms as junior suites. The rooms themselves are fine--very spacious, nice materials, but somewhat sterile, and to some extent, underwhelming considering they've just come out of a major revamp. Even the bedding appears anemic as for some strange reason the Midtown property does not follow the new FS brand standard. I believe they offer the customized mattress in Midtown, but the big pillows and fluffy duvets, etc. are nowhere to be found. The bathrooms have not been touched and still feel a bit dated to me. Thankfully the hotel continues to supply Bvlgari Green Tea toiletries (my personal favorite), but good luck getting them replenished! As far as technology is concerned, the rooms now have giant, curved Samsung LED TVs, but no iPad for hotel services, or bedside controls for lights/DND/curtains. The hotel wiring has apparently not been updated as the lights and TV flicker frequently and I was told this issue was not unique to my room. Service in general was spotty, particularly with regard to housekeeping, but there were a few standouts at the front desk. Breakfasts at The Garden were excellent, although service was on the slow side. The one thing that stood out most to me, and which I found truly distasteful for a hotel that routinely charges well of $1,000 a night, is the fact that they do not provide guests with complimentary bottled water in the room. This is the first Four Seasons I can recall that does this, and when I inquired at the front desk, I was told that it was the owner's decision and I was not the first guest to bring it up. I realize that it's not the end of the world, but it's just the principle. Fortunately, the fitness center still believes in hydrating its guests, and large bottles of water were in ample supply.

In contrast to Midtown, the rooms Downtown are gorgeous and designed within an inch of their lives--they truly feel luxurious from the moment you walk through the door. The materials, design, lighting, and technology are all executed at a much higher level. While the views from the Downtown property can be lackluster, the interior design more than makes up for this. The star of the show here is the bathrooms which features contemporary, floor to ceiling marble mosaic tile, separate shower and free standing tub, and private water closets. Bedding is plush and extremely comfortable, and the sound proofing is excellent, both from the street as well as interior hallways. The nightstand features an iPad which provides access to all hotel services and room controls. There is also a separate panel next to each side of the bed that controls lighting, curtains, DND/Service, etc. USB ports are everywhere! The TV allows you to stream your own content and also includes a DVR should you wish to record a television show during your stay to watch later. All rooms also come with an excellent sound bar and bass unit. Thankfully, noise from other rooms did not carry into mine on any of my stays. I only experienced breakfasts at CUT, but it was excellent and priced much more reasonably than The Garden in Midtown. The restaurant is not run by the hotel, but service was great and the hostesses and waitstaff are very attentive and even remember your special requests and orders if you are there over several days. I also had room service twice--one breakfast, and one late night snack, all very good and served promptly.

It is worth noting that room category selection is much more important Downtown than it is in Midtown as the layouts vary greatly between categories at the Downtown location, whereas only the view/floor changes in Midtown. I booked a different category for each of my stays, my first being a Deluxe* room. On my subsequent trips I tried a Corner (highest non-suite category) followed by a Premier (2nd highest non-suite category). *[The hotel shuffled around its room categorizations subsequent to my first stay, and I believe my Deluxe room was actually an entry level Superior based on the layout on the website, but considered Deluxe for being on a higher floor. It is my understanding that the current Deluxe category overlaps with Premier in terms of layout and is perhaps slightly smaller or has a less desirable view.] While I enjoyed all 3 rooms, I would be totally content in a Superior and will likely book that category on my next trip. The Superior is extremely well designed and maximizes every inch of space. This is not to suggest that it feels small by any means, rather it just feels "right." The Premier, on the other hand, is certainly larger, but has A LOT of dead space which makes the room somewhat less attractive in my opinion. Fortunately, some of that dead space is given to the bathroom which features 2 windows and an absolutely HUGE shower. My least favorite, despite being the most visually impressive, was the Corner room. The two walls of windows make for a very bright and inviting space; however, the room's layout is such that a large chunk of the square footage is dedicated to a useless entry foyer and hallway and the bedroom itself is a small square that requires the couch and table to be placed at the foot of the bed directly in front of the television--not exactly conducive to using as a true sitting area. I much prefer the lower categories that allow for the couch to be placed to the side and even opt'd to decline an upgrade to a corner on my 3rd stay as the room just wasn't as comfortable for me.

Service was excellent across the board and very personable. Bellman and lobby attendants greet you by name and housekeeping goes so far as to leave thank you notes should you leave a gratuity for them! Oh, and the hotel will provide you with as much complimentary bottled water as you would like!

As far as location, again, this is a matter of personal preference and will likely be dictated by your reason for visiting the city. I found the Tribeca area to be perfectly situated away from the hustle and bustle, but in close proximity to the action in the West Village/SoHo/Chelsea. If the weather permits, a walk up West Broadway to SoHo is lovely. There are plenty of subway lines surrounding the hotel making travel to almost anywhere in midtown a breeze. Taxis and Ubers are also readily available. If you're used to the energy of midtown, but open to trying something new, do not let the downtown location deter you. The area is really is quite charming and feels like a completely different city with many new things to explore.

Hopefully this wasn't too long-winded, and please feel free to ask any questions!

obscure2k Oct 12, 2018 11:16 am

Thank you, mrmbenz1 for this comprehensive and very informative review.

Kagehitokiri Oct 12, 2018 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by mrmbenz1 (Post 30308012)
FS Downtown in my opinion is the best hotel in the city

mrmbenz1, good to hear! have you stayed at the mark hotel?

has anyone looked at renting residences at FS downtown?

timbers resorts picked up management of fractionals/residences at st regis NY

JohnRain Oct 15, 2018 1:16 am

Amazing post mrmbenz1, thanks so much for your insights...:)

DSI Oct 15, 2018 6:16 pm

The only hotel I’m interested in anymore to try is the Crosby. But after renting some nice places, like a loft in Chelsea or a killer place in the village, I really don’t see how any hotel can compete with an Airbnb. Unless you really like hotel buffets, I struggle to see the draw of a $1000, 400 square foot place with cheap, banal, decor.

bhrubin Oct 15, 2018 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by DSI (Post 30319073)
The only hotel I’m interested in anymore to try is the Crosby. But after renting some nice places, like a loft in Chelsea or a killer place in the village, I really don’t see how any hotel can compete with an Airbnb. Unless you really like hotel buffets, I struggle to see the draw of a $1000, 400 square foot place with cheap, banal, decor.

Well, I've been enjoying 600-800 square feet suites for free at the StR and Chatwal--and still have amazing hotel restaurants and bars to enjoy. :D

I would love to try out the Crosby or Gramercy Park. Maybe even the Mercer.

I do agree that you can get quite a nice deal with Airbnb. But the StR and Chatwal still are cheaper for me when I want them to be.

DSI Oct 15, 2018 6:40 pm

Tiny! Didn’t think I’d use that word in conjunction with you either.

bhrubin Oct 15, 2018 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by DSI (Post 30319133)
Tiny! Didn’t think I’d use that word in conjunction with you either.

I won't take it personally. :D

Aventine Oct 15, 2018 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 30319108)
Well, I've been enjoying 600-800 square feet suites for free at the StR and Chatwal--and still have amazing hotel restaurants and bars to enjoy. :D

I would love to try out the Crosby or Gramercy Park. Maybe even the Mercer.

I do agree that you can get quite a nice deal with Airbnb. But the StR and Chatwal still are cheaper for me when I want them to be.

I'm with the King of Aircon. I like full service properties and just heard too many AirBnB horror stories. I'll happily take my Jr. Suite at the Chatwal in the city.

op487062 Oct 16, 2018 12:22 am

Originally Posted by DSI (Post 30319073)

My first, and probably last, experience with Airbnb in NY was suddenly canceled this past week for a Midtown stay. The owner said they had to cancel because the neighbors complained to management.

Back when I was booking the property in April/May an issue arose where I had to call Customer Service to fix a technical glitch. I understand CS has some hits or misses, but after 5 or 6 calls, I'm convinced their CS needs a lot more training.

DSI Oct 16, 2018 5:07 am

Well if I had that I happen it would be my last. It is certainly risky, but I love risk!

Kagehitokiri Oct 16, 2018 11:27 am

no local property management companies / realtors in NYC ?

odd FS and essex have rental management but not hotel inventory, maybe some kind of US regulation

st regis fractionals/residences not in inventory, managed by timbers resorts (st regis aspen = in inventory)

callmedtop Oct 16, 2018 11:29 am

I had an excellent one-night stay in the Milano Suite at the St. Regis, which I posted on in the Marriott forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30315689-post230.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30317001-post233.html (pictures)

beta1607 Oct 19, 2018 12:00 pm

Does anybody have recent experience with The Mark? I stayed there several years ago and loved it but it appears the newest reviews in this thread are from 2012?

FlyerEC Oct 19, 2018 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC (Post 26803086)
Did SEA ( SeaTac ) to JFK a couple weeks ago .
Try stay at The Mark :-:
Loved it , the room / suites renovations are refreshing .. Plus .. ;)
Didn't have time to check out the penthouse suite :cool: :cool:. You should if unoccupied , since staying may not be practical

Originally Posted by FlyerEC (Post 26806859)
Which part of Manhattan ? UES is " quiet " , elegant with lovely surrounds & restaurants .
Modern ? Only like W ?

The Mark itself just a stroll from Central Park & has own Jean Georges

QUOTE=FlyerEC;27480249]
. . . . . .

We liked refurbished The Mark , UES , on 77 th / Madison just by Central Park . Besides being near museums , walking distance to Frick too , it has numerous restaurants & fine shopping around in a quieter residential area ;) besides her own .
Has the most expensive suite in the world ? Not occupied by us & as occupancy was running at capacity , I think was already taken up so no viewing ..[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by beta1607 (Post 30333377)
Does anybody have recent experience with The Mark? I stayed there several years ago and loved it but it appears the newest reviews in this thread are from 2012?

Did you stay pre or post refurbishment ?
Had a wonderful return stay couple of years back . Glad for the drawer freezer & fridge too .
May have a few more posts , cannot recall if I did a TR either .

Kagehitokiri Oct 19, 2018 12:51 pm

yes there are multiple mark regulars here, recent comments 'brief'

mark and lowell have been only consistent NY here, no negative reports
(lowell owner acquired in 1982, also once owned L’Ermitage in LA)
(hopefully FS downtown continues delivering, it opened 2 years ago)

all mark suites above 8th floor were built to sell as residences, only a few sold
4 Mark Studio and 4 Mark Premier Studio disappeared, presumably all 8 leased
480ft2 Mark Studio and 530ft2 Mark Premier Studio vs 800ft2 Park Studio $1695

FT is not really easy to search
like FlyerEC, long time regulars here >

Originally Posted by laf747 (Post 29234799)

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla (Post 29234612)
[2017] Highs:
Mark NYC

I certainly second your recommendation of The Mark!

Originally Posted by grumbler (Post 24849620)
I remain a fan of the Mark, which is my preferred place.

beta1607 Oct 19, 2018 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC (Post 30333568)

Did you stay pre or post refurbishment ?
Had a wonderful return stay couple of years back . Glad for the drawer freezer & fridge too .
May have a few more posts , cannot recall if I did a TR either .

I stayed post-refurbishment in 2012 and loved it. I'm really glad to see the standards have stayed high- the service, design and location are impeccable in my view.

mike_la_jolla Oct 19, 2018 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by beta1607 (Post 30333377)

Yes. Many stays recently. It has become my default choice in NYC, followed by the Trump Columbus Circle.

MikeFromTokyo Oct 19, 2018 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla (Post 30333841)
Yes. Many stays recently. It has become my default choice in NYC, followed by the Trump Columbus Circle.

:eek: Are you serious re Trump Columbus Circle?

Kagehitokiri Oct 19, 2018 2:03 pm

thats actually the 3rd consistent hotel in NYC
not sure who owns hotel portion, opened 1997

one i recall offhand, old post then new post >

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 9865131)
Frankly, I prefer the unfortunately named Trump across the street from the MO. Better value, and seems to lack the hoity-toity staff that populates the MO.

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 30126782)
The Trump International, which I have stayed at in the past, is a good hotel but back when I did stay there... I liked Nougatine but will leave it to ... to visit that building, I'm not going to.

there were a number of posts re good service for NY/US
dont recall if there were a bunch of regular guests or not

RichardInSF Oct 19, 2018 2:17 pm

Since those comments Kage quoted above, I have stopped staying at the Trump Columbus Circle. It's personal -- I don't like the name on the door. Will consider going back if the property ever changes hands.. Currently I stay nearby at the Park Hyatt NY, generally in the type of room they are now calling a "residence suite."

mike_la_jolla Oct 19, 2018 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo (Post 30333863)

:eek: Are you serious re Trump Columbus Circle?

Yes. I like the rooms. Location is good. The service is good. The restaurant is *excellent*, if a little unfriendly to hotel guests. ... and *MUCH* better than the MO across the street ...

Kagehitokiri Oct 19, 2018 3:04 pm

a lot of luxury hotels and brands well regarded here are owned by middle eastern, chinese, etc governments presumably including saudi arabia https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxu...l#post28150920

just in NYC >
MO - 73% dubai
plaza - qatar
(both of which own a lot)

not sure trump owns/leases NYC
soho, toronto, panama deflagged

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo (Post 30336282)
tacky and distasteful

applies to a number of luxury properties, even if not any 'luxury' brands.

offerendum Oct 20, 2018 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 30334067)
a lot of luxury hotels and brands well regarded here are owned by middle eastern, chinese, etc governments presumably including saudi arabia https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxu...l#post28150920

Good point, many luxury hotels and brands are earned by riff-raff or has at least a questionable ethic reputation. If I would be consequent I couldn´t visit I guess around 80 % of the hotels at the 5-star sector or restaurants with Michelin-stars.

MikeFromTokyo Oct 20, 2018 9:21 am

Originally Posted by offerendum (Post 30336244)
Good point, many luxury hotels and brands are earned by riff-raff or has at least a questionable ethic reputation. If I would be consequent I couldn´t visit I guess around 80 % of the hotels at the 5-star sector or restaurants with Michelin-stars.

I’m not really concerned about ownership from an ethical standpoint. With Trump properties I do not like them because they are usually tacky and distasteful, in other words befitting of their name.

But I am sure it is a great, great, extremely successful hotel. Very successful, big league.

offerendum Oct 20, 2018 12:13 pm

I’m not really concerned about ownership from an ethical standpoint. With Trump properties I do not like them because they are usually tacky and distasteful, in other words befitting of their name.

But I am sure it is a great, great, extremely successful hotel. Very successful, big league.

In this case I never understood it as while Jean Georges is very good indeed bathrooms are not even close to what I expect. I never stayed at a Trump hotel. When I strongly considered on (years ago) I say on a picture shampoo and shower gel with his face on it and thought: This is never ever luxury.....

P.S. Once I ate an icecream at Trump tower.... Very expensive and very bad. As a child we called such ice "Chemiekotze"

MikeFromTokyo Oct 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum (Post 30336876)

In this case I never understood it as while Jean Georges is very good indeed bathrooms are not even close to what I expect. I never stayed at a Trump hotel. When I strongly considered on (years ago) I say on a picture shampoo and shower gel with his face on it and thought: This is never ever luxury.....

P.S. Once I ate an icecream at Trump tower.... Very expensive and very bad. As a child we called such ice "Chemiekotze"

He used to have his own picture on the drinking water bottles. Imagine the level of narcissism one would need in order to have no shame slapping one’s own picture on mundane hotel items and amenities.

Life is too short, and I still have too many hotels on my list to waste time with Trump hotels. I would even pay a premium to avoid them.

Aventine Oct 20, 2018 12:38 pm

I never liked the man before he was POTUS and always found his properties to be jarring, tacky and bombastic. The former Toronto property was hideously conceived and probably one of the least welcoming luxury hotel rooms I've ever been in. I never needed to see TRUMP (the name) or his likeness plastered on everything.

I believe he will always be unpresidented.

LinLant Oct 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Presently staying at the Mandarin Oriental. Staff has been very friendly. Room was made up promptly while I was at breakfast. We were given a lovely park view, although room reservation was for a river view.
I did enquire about a massage but the price point of $240 ++ for a 50 minute massage was above my preferred price point.
The chairs in the dining room are showing fabric wear along the edges, but otherwise I have no complaints.
It’s a miserable day in Manhattan, but sitting on a chaise lounge in my 52nd floor room looking out the window is quite pleasant!