FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Luxury Hotels In New York (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1303996-luxury-hotels-new-york.html)

bhrubin Feb 1, 2018 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop (Post 29366919)
I'm curious - did you have to push the concierge to help you out with making the reservation on Tock, or were they willing from the get-go? And if the latter, how much of that is related to Plat100, do you think? Like you, I'm surprised they were willing to help out with this given what is I am sure a large number of requests for EMP. All the more better to you for getting them to do it!

Enjoy EMP - not sure if you have been before but it goes down as one of the best dining experiences of my life, and this is coming from someone who typically finds everything overrated!

When I asked originally many months ago, they did tell me they weren't able to assist due to the Tock requirement. We since had worked on alternative options--which ended up coming down to Chef's Table (jacket req't) and Le Bernardin (would waive jacket req't pretty much). The head concierge got involved early to help me with the jacket issue, and we had a wonderful repartee. She ended up offering to assign some concierge team members to try for us--through my Ambassador, who was helping to create a Tock account so they could do it. Instead, I switched my Tock password and told them to try from my account on my behalf. It worked!

She did come to realize that our entire weekend at the StR was predicated on the hope for dinner at EMP--after many previous attempts and even a few occasions where we had to cancel our trip. I think that made a difference. I think it also was about our great repartee and positive experience--and because I'm so damn charming, of course. :D And gay men rule, haha. :D

I can't wait. As I mentioned above, I've never been--despite a few res made but canceled due to circumstances beyond my control...and a few unsuccessful attempts. I'm overdue!

I'd say my most memorable meals of all time include (in no particular order) Alinea, Noma, Geranium, Saam at the Bazaar Los Angeles, The Test Kitchen, The Tasting Room, Saison, Atelier Crenn, Benu, Cyrus, Il Luogo di Aimo de Nadie, Amber, Mikla, and La Cena del Oro at MAP Cafe. So EMP will have tough competition against which to measure up!

Originally Posted by offerendum (Post 29367343)
During my visits in the U.S. I got the Impression that especially there People like to get dress codes. It´s getting more and more popular in Europe what is a terrible.

We live in Southern California, where dress codes are truly anathema. Even in NorCal, only the French Laundry of all the 3* (and 2* and 1*) restaurants continues with an absurd jacket requirement. And I'd say the SF Bay Area is doing quite well in the Michelin guide. Yet another reason I will never return or bother with Per Se.

I think the USA is better than Europe with dress codes...but I think Europeans dress better on average than most Americans. Maybe not in the league of 2* and 3* restaurants, though, where I think most everyone dresses pretty well.

Originally Posted by offerendum (Post 29367343)
The service level sounds exceptional if due to the general class of StR or Plat100. I was a little bit angry at MO that they weren´t able to get me a table at Per Se for dinner.

I think my personal circumstances (and perhaps my SPG Plat100 status) were helpful, and I also think I know how to engage with people. I also think the StR concierge team is clearly quite excellent. The head concierge had already gone well above and beyond in trying to negotiate away the jacket requirement at Chef's Table, Le Bernardin, etc. I wouldn't have been upset, though, knowing how quickly those reservations go.

Originally Posted by offerendum (Post 29367796)
Would be interested in a Review about Baccarat;)

@BESVISOR +1 for me!

MikeFromTokyo Feb 1, 2018 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by United747 (Post 29367893)
Everything is pretty insanely priced for a quick trip in April. Debating on biting the bullet and paying near $1,100 per night or just staying at a mid tier place.

I think that depends on the nature of your stay, and whether or not that room rate will significantly impact your budget. If it’s a special occasion or a romantic getaway, it’s probably worth it. On the other hand, if a midrange hotel will suffice and the money can be better put to use elsewhere, such as for shopping or dining, then maybe that’s the way to go.

For me, $1100 per night is more than I want to pay for a room in New York (unless perhaps it were a park view tower room at FS, for example). What I would likely do is make a cancellable reservation for a good value four star upscale property as a fallback, and then continue to check for better rates at top hotels.

BESVISOR Feb 1, 2018 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by United747 (Post 29367893)
Everything is pretty insanely priced for a quick trip in April. Debating on biting the bullet and paying near $1,100 per night or just staying at a mid tier place.

Where do you need to be in the city? FS Downtown is maybe $800 depending on your dates.

United747 Feb 1, 2018 1:47 pm

[​​​​​QUOTE=MikeFromTokyo;29368092]

I think that depends on the nature of your stay, and whether or not that room rate will significantly impact your budget. If it’s a special occasion or a romantic getaway, it’s probably worth it. On the other hand, if a midrange hotel will suffice and the money can be better put to use elsewhere, such as for shopping or dining, then maybe that’s the way to go.

For me, $1100 per night is more than I want to pay for a room in New York (unless perhaps it were a park view tower room at FS, for example). What I would likely do is make a cancellable reservation for a good value four star upscale property as a fallback, and then continue to check for better rates at top hotels.
[/QUOTE]

​​​​​​​Thanks MikeFromTokyo. That’s where I am at this point. Got a reservation at the IC Barclay with my ambassador certificate and continually checking my preferred places (Pen, StR, FS, and Bacarrat). I’ve just never seen prices this high.

United747 Feb 1, 2018 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by BESVISOR (Post 29368122)
Where do you need to be in the city? FS Downtown is maybe $800 depending on your dates.

I don’t mind downtown, in fact, really like the FS there. I just need 2 beds, which brings the cost to $965 iirc.

BESVISOR Feb 1, 2018 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by United747 (Post 29368143)
I don’t mind downtown, in fact, really like the FS there. I just need 2 beds, which brings the cost to $965 iirc.

PM'ed you...may be able to ask for a favor.

instyleprincess Feb 1, 2018 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 29366758)
So the StR NY team had 4 people on different computers at 8:59 am EST to get us a reservation at Eleven Madison Park for our stay in March—despite that not being a normal reservation for which concierges usually assist at any top hotels due to the Tock online reservation system. And they got us the reservation, sparing me the need to wake up at 5:59 am PST.

They also previously arranged for us to be exempted from the Le Bernadin jacket requirement if the EMP reservation didn’t come through. Fortunately, that doesn’t matter now. EMP has no outdated jacket requirement.

I’d call that pretty wonderful service by the StR NY. FWIW, I’ve never before stayed there, but I do have SPG Plat100 status. We will be staying on a (very good) paid rate.

Wow I never really considered StR NY but this sounds pretty impressive. Will consider staying with them next time in NYC

dlesin Feb 1, 2018 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by United747 (Post 29368143)

I live in the building and just called down to the reservations desk, if you just need a basic room with 2 beds and not a suite they told me they were running $600~/night on some random sample of dates in april

United747 Feb 1, 2018 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by dlesin (Post 29369640)
I live in the building and just called down to the reservations desk, if you just need a basic room with 2 beds and not a suite they told me they were running $600~/night on some random sample of dates in april

Thanks, I think the issue is that I’m looking the weekend that is both the end of Passover as well and the weekend opener for the Yankees.

laf747 Feb 2, 2018 8:29 am

"So the StR NY team had 4 people on different computers at 8:59 am EST to get us a reservation at Eleven Madison Park for our stay in March—despite that not being a normal reservation for which concierges usually assist at any top hotels due to the Tock online reservation system

"For those of us who are part of the "great unwashed masses" pray tell what is "Tock"?

bhrubin Feb 2, 2018 8:35 am

Originally Posted by laf747 (Post 29371308)
"So the StR NY team had 4 people on different computers at 8:59 am EST to get us a reservation at Eleven Madison Park for our stay in March—despite that not being a normal reservation for which concierges usually assist at any top hotels due to the Tock online reservation system"For those of us who are part of the "great unwashed masses" pray tell what is "Tock"?

I’m not sure from what or where the “great unwashed masses” comment comes, but Tock is an online ticket purchase service used by restaurants usually in high demand. Tock allows (requires) one to purchase non-refundable tickets for dinner and wine pairings in advance, which serve as the equivalent to a reservation. I’d used Tock previously to secure tickets/reservations to Alinea in Chicago and minibar by Jose Andres in Washington, DC. Before Alinea, I don’t think I’d ever heard of Tock, either.

laf747 Feb 2, 2018 8:37 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 29371331)

I’m not sure from what or where the “great unwashed masses” comment comes, but Tock is an online ticket purchase service used by restaurants usually in high demand. Tock allows (requires) one to purchase non-refundable tickets for dinner and wine pairings in advance, which serve as the equivalent to a reservation. I’d used Tock previously to secure tickets/reservations to Alinea in Chicago and minibar by Jose Andres in Washington, DC. Before Alinea, I don’t think I’d ever heard of Tock, either.

The comment was a poor attempt at humor. Apologies if offensive was taken. That was certainly not my intent. Thanks for the explanation of Tock

United747 Feb 2, 2018 10:51 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 29371331)

Not to bring us too off topic, I think Tock was originally a collaboration between someone at Alinea and elsewhere.

scubadu Feb 2, 2018 11:54 am

Originally Posted by instyleprincess (Post 29368724)
Wow I never really considered StR NY but this sounds pretty impressive. Will consider staying with them next time in NYC

No doubt it's a fine property, but I would not necessarily assume your experience will mimic that of bhrubin...

Regards

bhrubin Feb 2, 2018 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 29372286)
No doubt it's a fine property, but I would not necessarily assume your experience will mimic that of bhrubin...

Regards

I'm not sure I like your tone. :D

daniellam Feb 2, 2018 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 29373384)

Maybe next time I stay there, I should put in the comments section of my booking "The BHRUBIN treatment"

:p

Perhaps bhrubin will get upgraded to one of the Milano, Dior, Tiffany, Bentley, Presidential, Royal, Imperial suites?

bhrubin Feb 2, 2018 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by daniellam (Post 29373485)
Perhaps bhrubin will get upgraded to one of the Milano, Dior, Tiffany, Bentley, Presidential, Royal, Imperial suites?

Dare to dream...but I confess the Bentley is the most masculine and appealing to me. I will be grateful and thrilled to get one of the entry level suites, to be honest. It's just the 2 of us for 2 nights. Besides, the hotel already earned my gratitude for getting me EMP--and that's what the whole weekend really was most about for me.

But I am pretty very curious to see what I think of the StR NY now after such amazing concierge service. We also are probably going to do Table 55 the other night. #goforbroke #mightaswell

scubadu Feb 3, 2018 6:01 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 29373384)

Oh no tone intended at all. With your spend, etc. you absolutely merit the treatment you get. But not sure infrequent readers in this (or the SPG) forum understand the "why" behind some of your stays/experiences.

My wife is a mere "mortal" SPG Platinum and we have stayed at several of the same properties you have, but I assure you, though our experiences are fine for us (and map to our expectations and needs) they have never been anywhere near the type of stays you report (and we are fine by that, by the way)

Regards

United747 Feb 3, 2018 6:49 am

Looks like the StR now has a “destination fee” of $50 per night.

I do have to say, it includes a lot:
$50 f&b credit
$50 laundry or dry cleaning credit
$25 salon credit
internet, local, long distance calls
2 MoMA or Met tickets
1,000 points

bhrubin Feb 3, 2018 7:57 am

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 29374640)
Oh no tone intended at all. With your spend, etc. you absolutely merit the treatment you get. But not sure infrequent readers in this (or the SPG) forum understand the "why" behind some of your stays/experiences.

My wife is a mere "mortal" SPG Platinum and we have stayed at several of the same properties you have, but I assure you, though our experiences are fine for us (and map to our expectations and needs) they have never been anywhere near the type of stays you report (and we are fine by that, by the way)

Regards

Agreed. (And I do hope you know I was kidding, as you had no tone at all!)

But I’m not alone in that regard. I just don’t need a special TA or other connections. My SPG Plat100 Ambassador elite status is akin to someone else staying often at the same (luxury) hotel and/or using an amazing and connected TA.

I also tend to ask for what I want on my own. Most people don’t even ask in the first place IME. Even here in this Forum. That has nothing to do with my SPG status.

Keep in mind, also, that while we’ve had tremendous experiences (beyond the “normal” treatment, as you say) at so many StR and Luxury Collection properties within SPG, we’ve also had some pretty incredible experiences beyond “normal” treatment even at several Aman properties, The Upper House, Cavas Wine Lodge, Singita Boulders, etc.

Heck, even the Peninsula Paris went way above board with us most recently in October, offering to keep their amazing rooftop restaurant open later just for us to enjoy lunch—and we weren’t even staying there!

I honestly believe that our manner and approach, and definitely my preference to actually ask for what I want or hope for instead of just hoping it may happen, go a long way toward us getting such wonderful experiences and service from so many hotels. Those also are part of the reason I have so many great service recovery stories, I think.

BESVISOR Feb 26, 2018 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum (Post 29367796)
Would be interested in a Review about Baccarat;)

As promised, a quick review of the Baccarat...

I was there for 4 nights during Fashion week. 1st two nights was just me (had business in the city) and wife joined over the weekend so I just booked a Classic King and upgraded to a Grand Classic King.

Spoiler alert! Overall, greatly enjoyed my stay but before I go on about what I liked, I need to vent and share that it was -9 (or felt like it) and raining when I arrived, rolling up with two luggages (after taxi dropped me off a block away due to traffic) and the doormen just stood there and kept going with their conversations. Gave me flash back to Park Hyatt NYC.

The hard product is stunning!!! For those who don't like dark lobby areas or having to take an elevator to the 2nd floor to arrive at the actual hotel lobby, this won't be your cup of almond milk! (is that the correct saying? sorry, second language). Think Park Hyatt NYC but even darker entrance on the ground floor. I'll stop using PH as a punching bag. (I actually do like some aspects of PH). I much prefer contemporary decor and design but I really loved this property. It had a great blend of Parisian chic-ness to it and still felt modern. I hate carpets...was that random? I loved that the floor had hard wood. Even though, the carpet covered much of it, I still liked the contrast. The rooms also smelled fantastic! Felt like I was trapped in a bag of cotton candy.

The bathroom is gorgeous. The shower was a deep rectangular hallway, basically...A door on the bedroom side of the shower can be closed or opened so you can shampoo with a view, I typically close my eyes when shampooing, though. So it was unless for me but loved knowing if I ever changed my shower habits, a reward awaits me! I actually stayed in Grand Classic King on the 7th floor and the 11th floor, but one had a tub and one without. So if you require a tub, might want to pro-actively asked to be assigned to a room with one. The reason I moved was due to noise. My original Grand Classic King was a connecting room and guests in the connecting room started to blast Just Bieber at 2:48am. I'm an easy going person (you can tell by my writing) but I really just cannot handle loud music after 2:33am EST so it didn't sit well with me...I guess they had just returned from the after party? Given it was Fashion Week, the hotel was basically sold out and asking to be moved was a rather tall task...However, the onsite manager chatted with me at 7am and did everything he could to arrange a new room. We were relocated and slept much better. A bottle of house Champagne also followed to ease in the transition. We don't drink much but it was still much appreciate it! I'm a believer that every property can screw up (Amans, too) but the intention and effort to recover makes all the difference.

One thing that annoyed me...The in-room tablet/phone that is meant to be a single device to control: in room dinning, lighting, phone, curtains, billing, etc...I know everyone here has seen it and many hotels are going down this path...when it's executed well, it's fantastic (Peninsula HK), but the device in my room just never goes into any sleeping mode, so unless I leave it on the charger all the time, it will run out of battery when I need to use it. So I went back to the Stone Age and adjust all lighting, curtains, phones, manually.

I only had breakfasts and room service here...The food was fine, nothing to write home about or memorable but perfectly edible. Menu did seem VERY limited for in room dinning and breakfasts. Prices weren't cheap but I was also expecting it given I'm in a luxury NYC hotel.

Overall service (for NYC/North America and during nearly 100% occupancy ), it was fine to good...There's not to much to complaint about but again, certainly not on the level of fine European or Asian luxury properties.
We took the house car (S class) to dinner at Sushi Yasuda, which is about 12 blocks away and it was really nice to have a house car that's actually available for use. Usually, we have fight people for it (I'm 5'10 and 155 lbs, so we always end up taking uber or walk). The range limit is up to 15 blocks. I realize this write up may seem much more negative than I intended to be (or feel) as I'm excited to return for future stays and can see why almost all of my clients that's been have loved it. It's probably my favorite NYC option at the moment.

I guess that wasn't that short of a review after all and please don't judge my poor grammar. I learned English by watching Saved by the Bell and Family Matters...If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me and I shall do my best to compose short responses :)

I know no one asked for it, but here are some photos....

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...43763b5a66.jpg

Grand Classic King
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9f017e47f0.jpg

It's nice to have actual keys!!! Wait, it's not real?!
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d3d480b638.jpg

Not a bad view for NYC hotel.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a67cfa287e.jpg

You could have watched the Olympics opening ceremony and shampooed at the same time...they value efficiency here!
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...fb622ef74a.jpg

Sorry, there were others in the pool and didn't want to be overly intrusive...only a bit, that's fine.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ef0d976d79.jpg

When wife goes shopping, I drink myself to sleep...early valentines celebration in the City!

chinmoylad Feb 27, 2018 12:37 am

Gorgeous pics. Thanks for the review!

Vaterland Feb 27, 2018 1:14 am

Agreed: lovely photos. And the review was a delight to read.

Aventine Feb 27, 2018 1:22 am

4 poster bed is something interesting. I thought the rooms would be more blingy than they are. Thanks for the review.

offerendum Feb 27, 2018 1:50 am

Thanks! The hard product looks indeed very nice. I can´t really understand why doormen are such a problem at NYC. To be fair I had good experience at Setai (Langham today) and MO.

Aventine Feb 27, 2018 1:57 am

Originally Posted by offerendum (Post 29463835)
Thanks! The hard product looks indeed very nice. I can´t really understand why doormen are such a problem at NYC. To be fair I had good experience at Setai (Langham today) and MO.

Service in general just isn't tip-top in NYC. Has to do with unions I've heard.

BESVISOR Feb 27, 2018 5:06 am

I do want to point out that I have encountered great doormen in NYC before, in fact, even at Baccarat during this stay. But, the quality in NYC is just insanely inconsistent...Maybe it's an area hotel management just overlooks but it's the first in-person interaction they have with guests...blows my mind that it's overlooked/undervalued!

I tend to get excited about visiting hotels but for NYC, I really manage my expectations and I usually walk away fairly happy. Come on, 2020/AMAN NYC!!! but even Aman Tokyo took a couple years before heading in the right direction....so, Come on, 2024/AMAN NYC!

bhrubin Feb 27, 2018 5:23 am

Thanks, @BESVISOR, for the write-up on the Baccarat. Looks lovely.

But how was the air conditioning? :D

I typically want a great room service and/or restaurant menu with excellent food available to me for any luxury hotel stay. In remote Utah or India where there are few or no alternatives, I can forgive Amangiri and Amanbagh for such a possible trespass. In NYC, where there are so many good hotels, however, I’d be displeased!

BESVISOR Feb 27, 2018 6:57 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 29464212)
Thanks, @BESVISOR, for the write-up on the Baccarat. Looks lovely.

But how was the air conditioning? :D

I typically want a great room service and/or restaurant menu with excellent food available to me for any luxury hotel stay. In remote Utah or India where there are few or no alternatives, I can forgive Amangiri and Amanbagh for such a possible trespass. In NYC, where there are so many good hotels, however, I’d be displeased!

Hey! My pleasure!
The heat worked well...not sure how cool the AC can get, though.

Yeah, if I had to stay here longer than a week and had to eat in, the menu could become an issue. But I just went to lower Manhattan for meals :)

HKTraveler Apr 19, 2018 12:31 pm

Has anyone been to the New York Edition hotel? The location looks great and is near Madison Square Park. Am especially interested in recent reports since the ones that are available on FT seems to be from a while back

callmedtop Apr 19, 2018 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by HKTraveler (Post 29660759)
Has anyone been to the New York Edition hotel? The location looks great and is near Madison Square Park. Am especially interested in recent reports since the ones that are available on FT seems to be from a while back

I haven't stayed in 2 or so years so this may not be tremendously helpful. The location as you said is excellent, one of my favorite in NYC. The entry-level and lower-category rooms are VERY small. Rooms are modern, lightly furnished, and makes the best use of the space, but I'd suggest a Junior Suite or up if possible. Comfortable beds. Bathroom was underwhelming from what I remember but I think this was a size thing. Service, from my brief interactions with the front desk, was cold and to-the-point. Not a highlight for sure. Bar area was buzzing even on a weeknight, which I like.

I would return but I think the prices for their rooms are out of wack given the room size + service. I stayed on a corporate rate which was a much more realistic price point. Paying for location - sometimes that is worth it.

bhrubin Apr 19, 2018 12:42 pm

I’ve not been there, myself, but I got my sister and her husband a room on points last Feb for a Sat night. I called ahead and spoke to a manager about my newly matched Marriott Platinum status and how I was doing this as a babymoon gift to them—so any room upgrade or little gift or amenity would be very appreciated by them. (And me.) He upgraded them to a one bedroom suite and sent a free bottle of wine and a cheese plate. Their photos of the suite were impressive, looked a lot like a W Suite—swank minimal decor but with more earth tones.

I was mightily impressed by that level of service for an elite guest who wasn’t even the guest. The location, of course, is wonderful.

BESVISOR Apr 19, 2018 12:46 pm

Mostly good feedback at The Edition..had a huge screw up once for a client but they did do their best to recover so while it's not perfect, the effort was/is there.

United747 Apr 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop (Post 29660782)
I haven't stayed in 2 or so years so this may not be tremendously helpful. The location as you said is excellent, one of my favorite in NYC. The entry-level and lower-category rooms are VERY small. Rooms are modern, lightly furnished, and makes the best use of the space, but I'd suggest a Junior Suite or up if possible. Comfortable beds. Bathroom was underwhelming from what I remember but I think this was a size thing. Service, from my brief interactions with the front desk, was cold and to-the-point. Not a highlight for sure. Bar area was buzzing even on a weeknight, which I like.

I would return but I think the prices for their rooms are out of wack given the room size + service. I stayed on a corporate rate which was a much more realistic price point. Paying for location - sometimes that is worth it.

This mirrors my experience. I’d probably stay again if their rates actually made sense

HKTraveler Apr 20, 2018 11:53 am

Thank you for all the responses. Looks like it is a good hotel as long as one books one of the larger rooms!

Cityflyer10 Apr 20, 2018 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop (Post 29660782)
Bar area was buzzing even on a weeknight, which I like.

Worth noting that it is in the same building as Credit Suisse so weeknights are very heavy on the finance types which may not be everyone’s cup of tea

ellyrambo May 4, 2018 11:26 am

I recently returned from the Edition. I stayed in a Loft Suite, and it's the smallest category I'd consider for two. I prefer the Gramercy Park Hotel, but the views and breakfast at the Edition are better. The rooms are too bright at night for my liking. The AC was fine for April (not so much for my previous stay in July).

The spa is a few treatment rooms for massages adjacent to the fitness center. I had a good massage, but it's a stretch to call it a spa.

callmedtop May 4, 2018 1:56 pm

We stayed at the Gramercy Park Hotel for our wedding in early April in the Park View Suite and would not recommend it. It is 4.5* luxury, not 5*, with a hard product that is not up to speed given the rates they charge. The location is spectacular, potentially my favorite in Manhattan, but even though we got married in the hotel we will not be returning on future trips to NYC (as much as I would have loved to make that a tradition!).

brandie May 6, 2018 8:16 am

I've stayed at the New York Edition twice. I stayed the first weekend of December 2017 and I stayed for a long weekend a week ago.
I really like the location. Each time I've had a great view of the Empire State Building and the river. First time I was upgraded to a large
corner room that had a bathtub and shower. Second visit I was in a corner room with a shower only.
The breakfast is really good if you can get the room/breakfast package deal. Each visit I got the room/breakfast package deal. I considered
the Gramercy Park Hotel but they did not offer a room/breakfast package deal. I have to eat gluten free due to celiac disease and everything is "no problem" at breakfast. I agree with the previous poster that the views and the breakfast are stellar.

The lobby turns into a club at around 5:30 pm each night and it is a happening place. The New York Edition lobby/club gets a young hip crowd which is not us as we are in our mid fifties but we just walk through to the elevators and are happy everyone is having fun.

Beds are comfy and rooms are a good size. Staff is young, upbeat and positive. Rooms are very quiet.

DavidO May 6, 2018 8:35 am

Originally Posted by brandie (Post 29721474)
I've stayed at the New York Edition twice... The breakfast is really good if you can get the room/breakfast package deal. Each visit I got the room/breakfast package deal.

No reason to book the more expensive B&B rate. Breakfast is included at the Virtuoso rate — not to mention an additional $100 F&B credit. The Virtuoso rate is equal to the regular rate), and the New York Edition is bookable on Virtuoso.com.