Where are you going next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:32 am
Original Member

Made it onto the ship, Nat’l Geo Quest. Zodiacs are a blast. Next week: Panama by land.
SanDiego1K, Ericka and FlyerEC like this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:33 am

I'm contemplating next moves as well... was hoping to do Vietnam end of March but after speaking to Joy, that most likely won't be happening, so moving Vietnam to June or July. Hopefully borders will be open by then. Thailand is also a bit difficult with the 2nd PCR Test in place until further notice, which I do not like at all... especially with Omicron - asymptomatic but positive in Thailand is not what I have in mind for a sojourn.

So maybe, maybe Sri Lanka (Galla/Wella) or Oman.

Confirmed for now:
May - Zoe
May - Marrakech return XY
offerendum likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by KatW
. Zodiacs are a blast.
They certainly are. In fact, I'd rather take a wild zodiac ride than anything a lux hotel could offer.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by scented
Thailand is also a bit difficult with the 2nd PCR Test in place until further notice, which I do not like at all... especially with Omicron - asymptomatic but positive in Thailand is not what I have in mind for a sojourn.
I hope for 2023 as that's exactly what holds me back from booking.
scented likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I want to say Thailand like others in this thread, but who knows with these restrictions
offerendum and scented like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:31 am
Suspended

For those that were waiting on my review of Mar a Lago. The room they gave us, which was a gatehouse cottage was lovely. Spacious, well appointed etc...however two days in a row we ran out of hot water in the bathroom which was not great. The property itself is beautiful, nice grounds. Food and beverage is OK, reasonably priced. Didn't use the spa, the gym is pretty good. Beach club & pool were great for the afternoon. TRUMP is very much around and takes most of his meals at the restaurant on the patio and is a super nice, friendly guy. The shocking thing is the price tag for a cottage there (if you have a member who can book for you) is a fraction of what entry level rooms are going for at The Breakers, L'Eau, FS or even Brazilian Court (Slightly less than The Ben) these days.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:44 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by 747-800i
For those that were waiting on my review of Mar a Lago. The room they gave us, which was a gatehouse cottage was lovely. Spacious, well appointed etc...however two days in a row we ran out of hot water in the bathroom which was not great. The property itself is beautiful, nice grounds. Food and beverage is OK, reasonably priced. Didn't use the spa, the gym is pretty good. Beach club & pool were great for the afternoon. TRUMP is very much around and takes most of his meals at the restaurant on the patio and is a super nice, friendly guy. The shocking thing is the price tag for a cottage there (if you have a member who can book for you) is a fraction of what entry level rooms are going for at The Breakers, L'Eau, FS or even Brazilian Court (Slightly less than The Ben) these days.
Not my cuppa.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm just back from 9 nights at Gili Lankanfushi. Had a wonderful stay and would absolutely recommend it.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

The Lanesborough London.
United747 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:07 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by offerendum
The Lanesborough London.
Please pet Lilibet for me ….
United747 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KatW
Please pet Lilibet for me ….
We will! She was some kind of a factor
KatW likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:38 pm
Original Member

Magnus sends his best to Lilibet.
offerendum likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
The Lanesborough London.
Did you see the BBC programme Amazing Hotels about the Lanesborough broadcast last week?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pausanias
Did you see the BBC programme Amazing Hotels about the Lanesborough broadcast last week?
Frankly not, but I will try. BBC is normally not available in Germany.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 7:04 am

"Monica Galetti and Giles Coren visit London's most expensive and exclusive hotel, the Lanesborough." Most expensive and exclusive??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.