Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Just stayed at highlands inn, carmel (timeshare). nice view of Pacific Ocean
Going to St Helena on Monday for a day Trip

FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:03 pm

Any shortlist of nice hotels in Crete? Looking for travel tips for a family holiday with 2 small kids.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:03 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by SocialAdept
I'm going to Lake Como in two weeks and EVERYTHING is fully booked. MO, Belvdere, GH Mennagio, Vista Pallazo showing no availibility. It looks like we'll have to settle for an AirBnB. Just renting a BMW to drive up from MILAN will set me back €1300. I obviously picked a bad time.
I just pieced together MO Lake Como with Passalacqua for early July.... but it took a lot of back and forth over the phone as there is a room move at MO and the system asks for a min-stay.
Got a total of 5 nights in the region. Grand Hotel Tremezzo has limited space also first few days of July.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by ABG
I just pieced together MO Lake Como with Passalacqua for early July.... but it took a lot of back and forth over the phone as there is a room move at MO and the system asks for a min-stay.
Got a total of 5 nights in the region. Grand Hotel Tremezzo has limited space also first few days of July.
I just bit the bullet and settled for something simpler after too many hours searching and on the phone. Valuable lesson learned about summer travel.
ABG likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Lutetia Paris next month.

Moxy Paris this week.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SocialAdept
I just bit the bullet and settled for something simpler after too many hours searching and on the phone. Valuable lesson learned about summer travel.
It really is brutal this year. We tried moving our late-July trip to the first week of July and could not find availability at any of the places we were considering.
Overall, rest of the year travel is coming into focus:
July: Amanzoe
September: RC Toronto
November: Auberge Punta Mita
December: Wild card at this point. Either (1) PH Niseko / Aman Kyoto, (2) Amanpulo or (3) Amanjena and then skiing
chinmoylad likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:48 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
...December: Wild card at this point. Either (1) PH Niseko / Aman Kyoto, (2) Amanpulo or (3) Amanjena and then skiing
Don't count on Japan being open for visitors by December. Currently whether they open up at all for non-Japanese, non-business travelers remains problematic.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I agree with you - the recent "opening" is not exciting. I have been told to not expect any changes until after the elections are settled, so we will see what happens in the fall.
Amanpulo came about because I can easily add a TYO-MNL flight to my current flight booking
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:53 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Next week:
Amanera

July/August (Maldives - not the ideal season but no choice due to 3rd trimester for wife in Sep):
Patina
Joali Maldives
Joali Being
Soneva Jani - Chapter 2 Reserve
Cheval Blanc Randheli

Sep - in the works:
Aman New York
Cheval Blanc Paris
Hotel de Crillon
Lutetia
FS GV - if there's time.
chinmoylad and United747 like this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm at the new Kimpton St Honoré in Paris now. While it is not in the same league as the George V, it is as good or better than some Four Seasons hotels in the US I could name. And priced higher.

Based on my general Kimpton experience in the US, this hotel is significantly nicer in every respect.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:38 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm at the new Kimpton St Honoré in Paris now. While it is not in the same league as the George V, it is as good or better than some Four Seasons hotels in the US I could name. And priced higher.

Based on my general Kimpton experience in the US, this hotel is significantly nicer in every respect.
Curious to know more - was trying to look at that as an option for a client, seems like decent value for $.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:36 pm
Original Member

New Hampshire at Journey Cake Farm for a week-long friends reunion, 15 of us!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18310537?
obscure2k and Hammerklavier like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Curious to know more - was trying to look at that as an option for a client, seems like decent value for $.
Excellent hard product, even in the small rooms. Great soundproofing and instead of the typical Euro shower tub half-cabin, my bathroom contains a sizable and fully enclosed room for the shower with nice tiled walls.

It's one of the chic hot spots now, especially the roof top bar which is a rare thing in this part of Paris. The hotel has been completely sold out the last couple of weeks and probably going forward during the sale season. So at 600EUR+ per night for an entry level room, the clientele does not feature backpacking tourists.

The staff greet everyone in good English, and then they switch to French if you speak French. Service is much better than most hotels in this class. We will see how it fares as the hotel ages, but for now it is really nice.
SanDiego1K and chinmoylad like this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:36 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

October/November
Langham Chicago
Nayara Tented Camp, Costa Rica

December
Aman Venice and PH Vienna over holiday week
offerendum, FlyerEC and chinmoylad like this.

Last edited by LM225; Jul 12, 2022 at 4:15 am
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat *G/DL Plat/Marriott Ti/WoH Glob
October Japan (fingers crossed)
  • Park Hyatt Tokyo
  • Park Hyatt Kyoto
May 2023 South Africa and Mozambique
  • Singita Boulders
  • &Beyond Benguerra Island
  • Ellerman House

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.