Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Despite some slight reservations about the decor I've gone ahead and booked a Junior Suite at The Reverie in Saigon for 3 nights, before our 4 night stay at Amanoi.

The place just looks so unbelievably over the top that I couldn't resist. I'm also a fan of contrasts when travelling as they make a trip seem longer. I don't think there's a less Gathy-esque hotel anywhere in the world!

I would love to hear if anybody has any experiences at this hotel. The service thusfar has been excellent, with emails replied to within hours. I'm particularly excited about the transfers in the RR Phantom Dragon. It's not often I travel in a $1.2m car
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OliverB
Btw your holiday plans sound incredible... Are you doing Paris, India and London all on the same trip?
Yes. We need to be in London on December 29th for 2 nights. We were debating where to go before then and narrowed it down to South Africa, India and a return to Sri Lanka (we would have gone to Rwanda but all quality lodges are already booked). Ended up deciding on India, with a compromise for my wife that we would spend a few nights in Paris on the way as opposed to flying through. She would be happy to stay anywhere in Paris, but I am the hotel snob, so excited to see the new Ritz there. Savoy in London is the in-laws idea.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jermyn
Despite some slight reservations about the decor I've gone ahead and booked a Junior Suite at The Reverie in Saigon for 3 nights, before our 4 night stay at Amanoi.

The place just looks so unbelievably over the top that I couldn't resist. I'm also a fan of contrasts when travelling as they make a trip seem longer. I don't think there's a less Gathy-esque hotel anywhere in the world!

I would love to hear if anybody has any experiences at this hotel. The service thusfar has been excellent, with emails replied to within hours. I'm particularly excited about the transfers in the RR Phantom Dragon. It's not often I travel in a $1.2m car
Curious to hear what you think. We did the PH there after our Amanoi stay. We tried to go to the reverie for drinks one day, but we were not allowed up by the mall lobby security, although it may have been a language barrier.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:19 am
Community Director Emerita

December:

Park Hyatt Dubai
Gorah Elephant Camp, Addo
Windhoek Hilton, Namibia
Little Ongava, Namibia
Onguma the Fort, Namibia
Haanib Skeleton Coast, Namibia
St Regis Saadiyat Island Abu Dhabi

And a few other less interesting hotels on points that connect the travel
obscure2k, JohnRain, m3red and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:13 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS 3MM, NH PLT
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
December:
Haanib Skeleton Coast, Namibia
Please report back! We're thinking of staying there (and at Serra Cafema) next Winter. Our agent has been saying that Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp is currently THE hottest safari property in all of Africa.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KI-NRT
Please report back! We're thinking of staying there (and at Serra Cafema) next Winter. Our agent has been saying that Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp is currently THE hottest safari property in all of Africa.
Happy to answer any questions if you are thinking about booking it. We stayed there in 2014/2015 (in fact we had New Year's lunch on the actual Skeleton Coast) when the camp was just taking its first baby steps (believe it had been open for a few weeks or months at that stage).

Hands down one of my favourite travel experiences so far.
SanDiego1K and bhrubin like this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:38 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Nov / Dec :

Tempted to add Puri / Trisara - we shall see

RC Kyoto & Nemu

HK

TUH ?
MOHK

Jan / Feb

Sri Lanka ?

Galla / Wella
Tea Trails

AmanYY
Amanfayun ?

March
Polynesia M . S . Marina
Papeete
Intercontinental pre & post cruise , no luxury hotel here ??

( Think Brando is still taken on our dates )

NZ

Kauri Cliffs
Cape Kidnappers

Wharekauhau ??

CHC The George

WIP

Nov / Dec :

Tempted to add Puri / Trisara - we shall see for December ( or even January )

RC Kyoto & Nemu

HK

TUH
MOHK

Jan / Feb

Amanfayun ? GM is currently off site but has taken the time to reply like what Amanjunkies are accustomed to

AmanYY ?? GM too busy with pre opening ??

Responses seem to indicate that the current teams are new to Aman
Hopefully some seasoned staff will be on hand

( Really miss Mark SWINTON , who we first met when he was GM when we stayed at AmanSP ; Mark do you copy that many of us Amanjunkies FTers are missing you , along with staff )

March
Polynesia M . S . Marina
Papeete
Intercontinental pre & post cruise , no luxury hotel here ..
Checking out Tahiti Nui Hotel

( Think Brando is still taken on our dates )

NZ

Kauri Cliffs
Cape Kidnappers

Wharekauhau ??

CHC The George

WIP

October

Had to move this from early ‘18 as the hotels are very full then , very busy period for Sri Lanka ?
Hopefully , “ cooler “ again then

Galla / Wella
Tea Trails

Last edited by FlyerEC; Nov 23, 2017 at 11:48 pm Reason: New format is very frustrating to use , posts have been ‘ messed ‘ up
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:51 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

We just booked and paid for a trip to Iceland, Andalusia and Lisbon. The only luxury places I could find online were Airbnbs/VRBO's, so that's what we're doing. Unfortunately, we don't have the budget for the high-end places in Marbella, e.g. Villa del Mar, but it'll be an interesting comparison to some of the mid-level stuff we have coming up below.

We have some hotel rooms coming up (below), but nothing as luxurious as Airbnb.

We'll be at Awasi Iguazu on the first day after it's soft opening, along with Awasi Patagonia, Mio in EZE, somewhere in Rio (Emiliano?), and some supposedly luxury chain in Santiago.... which isn't!
Plus a stay at the Langham NY in a suite.

BTW: Besvisor is the best and has hooked us up with awesome deals and has just been so helpful. Huge props man!
bhrubin and BESVISOR like this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:09 am

Really excited about the next few months. We have decided to avoid the worst of winter and go away all of February and March, coming back to England in...wet and miserable April. Maybe we need to extend that.

December ’17
  • Aman Tokyo
  • The Ritz-Carlton, Kyoto
  • Peninsula, Tokyo
  • Four Seasons, Prague
  • The Connaught for Christmas

February ’18
  • North Island
  • King’s Pool
  • Vembura Plains
  • Abu Camp
  • Little Mombo

March ’18
  • Park Hyatt, Sydney
  • Saffire Freycinet
  • Qualia
  • Matakauri Lodge
  • The Farm, Cape Kidnappers
  • The Brando
  • Hotel Bel-Air, Beverly Hills

We will have to stay at The IC in Tahiti for about 12 hours as a layover before going to The Brando, so I’ll be sure to pass on your gratitude for your past stay, Bill.
offerendum, callmedtop and bhrubin like this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:20 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by DSI
We just booked and paid for a trip to Iceland, Andalusia and Lisbon. The only luxury places I could find online were Airbnbs/VRBO's, so that's what we're doing. Unfortunately, we don't have the budget for the high-end places in Marbella, e.g. Villa del Mar, but it'll be an interesting comparison to some of the mid-level stuff we have coming up below.

We have some hotel rooms coming up (below), but nothing as luxurious as Airbnb.

We'll be at Awasi Iguazu on the first day after it's soft opening, along with Awasi Patagonia, Mio in EZE, somewhere in Rio (Emiliano?), and some supposedly luxury chain in Santiago.... which isn't!
Plus a stay at the Langham NY in a suite.

BTW: Besvisor is the best and has hooked us up with awesome deals and has just been so helpful. Huge props man!
Thanks so much for the very kind words! But it's always my pleasure to assist. Cheers!
MacMyDay likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:28 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Really excited about the next few months. We have decided to avoid the worst of winter and go away all of February and March, coming back to England in...wet and miserable April. Maybe we need to extend that.

December ’17
  • Aman Tokyo
  • The Ritz-Carlton, Kyoto
  • Peninsula, Tokyo
  • Four Seasons, Prague
  • The Connaught for Christmas

February ’18
  • North Island
  • King’s Pool
  • Vembura Plains
  • Abu Camp
  • Little Mombo

March ’18
  • Park Hyatt, Sydney
  • Saffire Freycinet
  • Qualia
  • Matakauri Lodge
  • The Farm, Cape Kidnappers
  • The Brando
  • Hotel Bel-Air, Beverly Hills

We will have to stay at The IC in Tahiti for about 12 hours as a layover before going to The Brando, so I’ll be sure to pass on your gratitude for your past stay, Bill.

If you were v-logging, this would be a heck of a few episodes!

Super looking forward to your feedback on the New Zealand resorts!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:27 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
May - Singapore. And hopefully something nearby that doesn't require flights, which leaves Bintan (Sanchaya?)
September - Marrakech is confirmed, accommodation isn't. Perhaps Amanjena after the event (or during?) and I'd like to check out Kasbah Tamadot as well for a stay.

Will likely find some fillers for the missing in-between months of February, July, November.

My colleague, who just did COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, will be doing Naladhu in March.

By the way, any of the agents on this forum doing ILTM Asia and PURE 2018? Hence the above two dates.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:31 am
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
May - Singapore. And hopefully something nearby that doesn't require flights, which leaves Bintan (Sanchaya?)
September - Marrakech is confirmed, accommodation isn't. Perhaps Amanjena after the event (or during?) and I'd like to check out Kasbah Tamadot as well for a stay.

Will likely find some fillers for the missing in-between months of February, July, November.

My colleague, who just did COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, will be doing Naladhu in March.

By the way, any of the agents on this forum doing ILTM Asia and PURE 2018? Hence the above two dates.

Booked clients at Sanchaya....looks great! Will have feedback in a month, will share.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:49 am

Jan 2018
Cheval Blanc Randheli

Feb 2018
Amanjena
Royal Mansour
Hotel de Crillon

April 2018
Namibia maybe?
callmedtop likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:25 am
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by poohbear0218
Jan 2018
Cheval Blanc Randheli

Feb 2018
Amanjena
Royal Mansour
Hotel de Crillon

April 2018
Namibia maybe?
CB is great! enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.