Reload this Page >

Trip report: Park Hyatt Istanbul /Four Seasons at the Bosphorus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip report: Park Hyatt Istanbul /Four Seasons at the Bosphorus

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 8:28 am

We were in Istanbul overnight on a Crystal cruise. We went over to Cirgan to have an early dinner. They were serving "tea" which was really a buffet with lots and lots of sandwiches, pastries, etc. so we sat outside with a wonderful view of the Bosphorous, had drinks and ate. If I was staying elsewhere that is what I would do.
Old May 23, 2012, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

another good point

ciragan sells daypasses

FS might do same or allow spa guests etc
Old May 23, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Originally Posted by wripro
Have to respectfully disagree that FS Sultahnamet can be compared to a hotel in Times Square. True, it's close to all the sightseeing musts but it's on a quiet street and inside it's an oasis of calm and superb service.
Hear hear! We loved the FS Sultanahmet, and the location is good for visiting local attractions/mosques, etc...but its beautiful interior garden is a welcome pause...and the people who work there were great. Plus, its close to Iznik tiles
Old May 24, 2012, 6:13 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by mmack
Hear hear! We loved the FS Sultanahmet, and the location is good for visiting local attractions/mosques, etc...but its beautiful interior garden is a welcome pause...and the people who work there were great. Plus, its close to Iznik tiles
I dont understand why a Times Square comparison in terms of location gets interpreted as the FS Sult not being a nice hotel. That was not the point at all.

As a matter of fact you made my point for me. I simply dont want to be in a hotel that "is good for visiting local attractions/mosques, etc." I'd rather be on the other side of the horn. It's not a commentary on the quality of the FS Sult at all.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:31 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Quick thoughts from the PH.
Booked entry PH king rate via Virtuoso. The standard upgrade upon checkin is to a spa king. However, I wished to confirm my upgrade and was able to use a Hyatt suite upgrade in advance to confirm the spa room..

Virtuoso benefits here are:
- upgrade from park king room to park spa room (based. Upon availability on arrival)
- Welcome drink on arrival
- Daily full breakfast for two (also available through room service)
- complimentary tea and coffee via room service throughout the stay
- luncheon for two Arthur lounge during the stay (including tax)
- the book of "Istanbul- City of Two Continents" by John Cleave

Upon arrival there is a metal detector that everyone goes through but nobody pays attention to. Checkin was fairly efficient. A voucher was given for the free lunch. The representative apologized for being unable to accompany us to our room because of how busy they were. We found our room just fine and in place was a letter outlining our benefits, a welcome fruit platter and the book.

The room has been described in the past but suffice to say its got a great bathroom. I do wish that they had made a small separate sitting area but that's mainly by I tend to wake up earlier than Mrs FDW. There is probably enough space to do so. Our room overlooked the pool on the 7th floor. There did seem to be a reasonable amount of noise in the area. Plus the people upstairs from us really seemed to move their chairs a lot.

Breakfast is again I that small area but the buffet of cold items was well stocked. They did seem to get quite busy. Mrs FDW give the pain au chocolat rave reviews even though she typicslly doesnt like pain au chocolat... Hot items are available from the menu. Room service breakfast took about 30 mins to arrive.

Small but sufficient workout room. Only ever saw one other person working out. But then again I tended to be there before 6 am each morning.

The business center is a joke. Two easy chairs with two laptops mbasicaly it's in the vestibule of someone's office. Seems like an after thought. Internet is provided via Swisscom and priced at 18 euros per 24 hours. However as a hyatt plat it's complimentary and when asked they replied that it was for multiple devices.

The area is quite nice but I will caution that its fairly inconvenient to all the major historical sites. Taxis are cheap but traffic is horrible plus yes I did get scammed.

The value is quite good. I think my room rate is a good 250 euros cheaper than the entry level rooms at either FS hotels. Spa bathroom is a real plus.

FDW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.