Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
I was close!!!!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: mosttraveledpeople.com
View from The Marmara Pera & Mikla Restaurant / Bar

Old Nov 6, 2009, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
We loved Istanbul. It's the type of city where you can just wander around and enjoy the sites. Enjoy!

Mike
+1
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:54 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Has anyone stayed in the deluxe rooms at the FS with limited views of the Bospherus? How limited is the view and what were the rooms like? There's an enormous price difference between these and the direct Bospherus view rooms.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 7:09 am

Programs: British Airways Silver
I didn't think the view of the Bosphorus was worth the considerable difference in price when we stayed end of May and it certainly isn't one of the "great" vistas, when I might be tempted to pay more for the view. We opted for several rooms with garden view. Didn't care a jot as:
1) I didn't spend any time looking out of the window (and I wouldn't even with a Bosphorus view to be frank). NB: Most rooms don't have balconies - maybe the larger suites do?
2) the 4S has a magnificent huge marble terrace that is ON the Bosphorus so we had breakfast al fresco and drinks out there every day, where we could also enjoy being outside. The swimming pool is also right on the river. However, in autumn and winter you won't be able to do this, but if you go in late spring or summer, you can enjoy the Bosphorus view very easily without having it from your room.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mikeef
We loved Istanbul. It's the type of city where you can just wander around and enjoy the sites. Enjoy!

Mike
As a tourist, it is indeed one of my favorite cities in the world.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 9:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold
Anybody think the Four seasons is worth 430 euro/night vs 280/night at the Park Hyatt? I am going in early July and rates are expensive. Four seasons looks utterly amazing, but I am staying for 5 nights, so its like a difference of $1500 USD. How is the pool at the Park Hyatt?
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by trach500
Anybody think the Four seasons is worth 430 euro/night vs 280/night at the Park Hyatt? I am going in early July and rates are expensive. Four seasons looks utterly amazing, but I am staying for 5 nights, so its like a difference of $1500 USD. How is the pool at the Park Hyatt?
I could be off on my calcualtion skills but....

the difference per night would be €150. Multiplied by five nights, and the difference would be €750, or about US$1,125, at the current rate of exchange of €1=US$1.50.

Have you considered reserving through a Four Seasons Preferred Partner? I would personally value the free breakfast at €50 per day for two people.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PH is part of signature. no amenity, but >

- Full Breakfast for two Daily, also Available through Room Service
- Welcome Fruit Plate
- Complimentary Tea and Coffee During the Stay through Room Service (hotel benefit?)
if available >
- Upgrade
- Early Check-In
- Late Check-Out
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold
Yes, I was doing some research in this forum and just found out about the FS Preferred deal with the free amenities. I think I am going to do the FS as it much nicer and the pool looks amazing. Do you think they will offer any deals this year (like a buy 2 get 1)? I'd assume no during the high season. I made the wrong calculation on the euro at 1.50 to the $. It is still more than $200/per night. Park Hyatt looks great, but there appears to be no view. Since, I am going in early July, we plan on doing the sight seeing in the mornings and sitting by the pool in the afternoon, so a beautiful pool is a must. The Palace next door is only 24 euros less per nice for the standard room, but they are in PTS, so I would get those benefits.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 2:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by trach500
Do you think they will offer any deals this year (like a buy 2 get 1)?
This past summer, there was a fifth night free offer but the five nights must be spent at both FS properties, either split between the two properties for 4 nights/1 night or 3 nights/2 nights.

The current offer runs through March but they might bring it back for next summer:

http://www.fourseasons.com/bosphorus...ltidestination
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:04 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

any recent comparisons? I have a trip for in October and the difference in price is about 300 euros a night between the FS and the PH... any thoughts?

Thanks
FDW
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
any recent comparisons? I have a trip for in October and the difference in price is about 300 euros a night between the FS and the PH... any thoughts?

Thanks
FDW
It depends on what you want.
The PH is nice but it's very pokey tucked into an urban side street compared to the FS Bosphorus.
In my opinion,they are chalk and cheese.
The FS has a huge waterfront to the Bosphorus,with it's main restaurant and bar right the way down to a beautiful well serviced pool/jacuzzi area at the other end.
Thats not to mention the classical insides of the FS,it wins hands down.

Is it worth an extra €300 a night? For the quality of the hard and soft product - yes.It's like the difference between business class and first on an airline.The former is perfectly adequate but the latter is much more preferable.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Earthman
It depends on what you want.
The PH is nice but it's very pokey tucked into an urban side street compared to the FS Bosphorus.
In my opinion,they are chalk and cheese.
The FS has a huge waterfront to the Bosphorus,with it's main restaurant and bar right the way down to a beautiful well serviced pool/jacuzzi area at the other end.
Thats not to mention the classical insides of the FS,it wins hands down.

Is it worth an extra €300 a night? For the quality of the hard and soft product - yes.It's like the difference between business class and first on an airline.The former is perfectly adequate but the latter is much more preferable.
I agree entirely!^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.