FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/883108-fra-f-hon-first-class-terminal-fct-faq.html)

SFO777 Oct 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by globaltrotter (Post 15011607)
Another question is if I was flying Turkish airlines C class from IST to MUC and then LH C class from MUC to CDG, could I be allowed entry to the FCL in MUC, if my friend was going to be arriving in MUC (from ORD) in First Class and I was his "guest"? He will also be departing from MUC to CDG in C class on the same flight as me.

Yes. The key is that you are both traveling onward on the same flight. How you arrive in FRA and on what airline/class is irrelevant.

sentom Oct 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by globaltrotter (Post 15011607)
...arriving in MUC (from ORD) in First Class and I was his "guest"? He will also be departing from MUC to CDG in C class on the same flight as me.

the answer is yes, but this information is available plenty of times in various LH F/FCT/FCL/F maximizer/why LH F/etc. threads; using the search function is as easy as posting here... ;)

SFO777 Oct 25, 2010 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 15011687)
... using the search function is as easy as posting here... ;)

Easy, but perhaps not quite as easy. ;)

sentom Oct 25, 2010 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 15011667)
The key is that you are both traveling onward on the same flight. How you arrive in FRA and on what airline/class is irrelevant.

thats not relevant anymore, any onward *A BP will do...

TRAVELSIG Oct 26, 2010 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 15011742)
thats not relevant anymore, any onward *A BP will do...

I am in FCT right now, and out curisoity I asked them- according to the rules they have here, a guest must be onward on the SAME flight- not only for FCT, but also for FCL A+B.

sentom Oct 26, 2010 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 15017432)
I am in FCT right now, and out curisoity I asked them- according to the rules they have here, a guest must be onward on the SAME flight- not only for FCT, but also for FCL A+B.

there is conflicting info on their website, in one area it says must be on same flight, other area says any *A BP will do... :rolleyes:

NewbieRunner Oct 26, 2010 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 15018445)
there is conflicting info on their website, in one area it says must be on same flight, other area says any *A BP will do... :rolleyes:

There was a similar problem between the German and English versions of the website for a while, not about FCT/FCL access but about SEN lounge access.

sentom Oct 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 15018531)
There was a similar problem between the German and English versions of the website for a while, not about FCT/FCL access but about SEN lounge access.

yep its still the same, different in germans and english, and also a difference between the first class on the airport section and lounge variations and access section...

NewbieRunner Oct 26, 2010 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 15018978)
yep its still the same, different in germans and english, and also a difference between the first class on the airport section and lounge variations and access section...

I thought they'd sorted out the main lounge access regulations pages but there are so many places where wrong/conflicting information can appear. Basically no one seems to know what the rules are! :rolleyes:

sentom Oct 26, 2010 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 15019017)
I thought they'd sorted out the main lounge access regulations pages but there are so many places where wrong/conflicting information can appear. Basically no one seems to know what the rules are! :rolleyes:

exactly, i thought this guest issue had been resolved to the better, but i guess it was just wishful thinking from my side...

NewbieRunner Oct 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 15019136)
exactly, i thought this guest issue had been resolved to the better, but i guess it was just wishful thinking from my side...

Guest access to the FCT is clear because they are not going to drive a guest on his/her own to a different flight from the host.

Guest access to SEN lounges is clear (I think) because guests only need a BP for a *A flight and must leave the lounge at the same time as the host.

So the only grey area is guest access to the FCLs - or is this too simplistic?

sentom Oct 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 15019218)
So the only grey area is guest access to the FCLs - or is this too simplistic?

thats how i would see it...

cmiller2600 Oct 30, 2010 11:15 am

Probably repetitive - Sorry

I am flying into FRA via UA in F from YYZ/IAD - I am connecting to LH F for HKG but have a 9 hour layover. Will I be picked up from my gate arrival and taken to the FCT? I am getting mixed messages from both UA and LH. ?They both tell me to ask the other airline. :confused:

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

mamb0 Oct 30, 2010 11:36 am

Originally Posted by cmiller2600 (Post 15042847)
I am flying into FRA via UA in F from YYZ/IAD - I am connecting to LH F for HKG but have a 9 hour layover. Will I be picked up from my gate arrival and taken to the FCT? I am getting mixed messages from both UA and LH. ?They both tell me to ask the other airline. :confused:

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

no.
1) Only with fully integrated LH airlines you will experience pickup when at an apron position.
2) as you are arriving from a non safe third party country you need to go through security screening before having access to any air side facility. Therefor even if you came on LH and had an apron position, the Limo would only bring you to the exit or a screening area

Check for LH F day room option at the Kempinski Hotel or walk to the FCT.
My opinion: in YYZ check your luggage through to HKG, after arrival in FRA, either refresh at the welcome lounge or the FCT, go to Frankfurt downtown, have some fun, return to the FCT 2-3hrs before departure.

cmiller2600 Oct 30, 2010 6:19 pm

Thanks! Taking only carry-on.....no checked baggage. I am going to enjoy the FCT experience and make a day of it with a long bath and massage!!!!!

Airport shopping at FRA is amazing! ;)