FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/883108-fra-f-hon-first-class-terminal-fct-faq.html)

uiucsb Oct 14, 2010 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy (Post 14889104)
The FCT is not on Google Maps Satellite View, nor on Bing Maps Aerial View. However, it is included in the Bing Maps Birds eye view. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to provide a direct link to the bird's eye view. To see the FCT, go here:

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...style=a&lvl=19

The FCT has been built on the parking lot (the map is roughly centred over where the FCT entrance is situated now). Now pan to the right a bit so that you are over the main terminal building. You can now activate bird's eye view. Turn the viewing direction 180°, and you can see the FCT (you may have to move a bit again so the FCT comes back into view). It is a square building with a half-round extension to the North of it, which is used as drop-off zone.

GPS coordinates: 50.049945 (North), 8.564320 (East)

In post 547, I answered my own question about where the FCT is located. I also have an areal map showing it. If you're driving to it, be sure you don't get stuck in the, what I like to call, "inner-loop of wasted time." You won't be able to reach the entrance.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14178796-post547.html

NewbieRunner Oct 14, 2010 12:58 pm

Post no longer needed. ;)

jk12 Oct 19, 2010 3:44 pm

Lh f: Cdg-fra-ewr

I have a 3.5 hour layover in FRA. Arriving in LH J and departing in F. I know similar subjects have been addressed before, however, I've been unable to find a thread that addresses my specific question: Given my itinerary, upon arrival in FRA, if I go to the new FCL in B (from many of the prior posts, that appears to make the most sense for me), can I count on being driven to my gate (wherever the LH 744 to the US depart from), or do I run the risk of having leave the lounge early enough to make the flight? Similarly, should I just go to the FCL in A? I could frankly care less about the "Experience" of being driven to the gate, however, I would like to avoid having to worry about leaving the FCL too early to go through passport control, etc. From what I've read, the only way I can be guaranteed of no crowds or lines is to walk to the FCT, which is something I am prepared to do given I have 3.5 hrs at the airport. I know FRA is a less than simple airport to navigate, so I am turning to the experts for help. Please let me know what my best option is. Thanks.

Rambuster Oct 19, 2010 3:55 pm

I'd decide depending on where your CDG-FRA flight arrives? I'd guess it would be at an A gate. Therefore the FCL A sounds like a good option, as EWR will also (most likely) depart from A. However, if you arrive at the lower A gates (11 to 15), I'd walk over to the FCT.
If you arrive at gates >26, the FCL A is just up the escalator.
Not sure if there is the secondary security scrum, but this can be avoided via FCT. (my usual option)

On second thoughts, if you have 3.5h...just walk to the FCT!

NewbieRunner Oct 19, 2010 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 14975306)
If you arrive at gates >26, the FCL A is just up the escalator.
Not sure if there is the secondary security scrum, but this can be avoided via FCT. (my usual option)

The FCL A is in Schengen so you will have to go through passport control to get to the departure gate though it shouldn't be a big deal.

If the CDG flight arrives in A, it's definitely not worth going all the way to the FCL B. It would be just as quick to walk to the FCT.

Unterwegs Oct 21, 2010 8:14 am

What about having a sticky:
What is the best lounge for my flight from .... / arriving at Gate and leaving for .... / departing from gate .... if I have a same day F flight on LH/LX and a leaving on LH/LX?

I volunteer to contribute. The answer is a bit long.....

Ysitincoach Oct 23, 2010 6:56 pm

Arriving on Continental from EWR, then going FRA-DXB, I have a 5hr connection, wondering how I'd get to the First Class Terminal? I'm excited to see it, especially if it means car service to tarmac.

Would going to the FCT require going through immigration and security again?

rorschi Oct 24, 2010 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach (Post 15001146)
Would going to the FCT require going through immigration and security again?

Yes, you have to enter into Germany, as the entrance of the FCT is completely landside. Passport check for departure and security check will be done at the FCT.

Otherwise, you can visit the FCL B, which has the same service levels as the FCT.

globaltrotter Oct 24, 2010 4:26 pm

If a friend is flying confirmed F class out of FRA and I am flying LH C class to a different destination, would he be able to guest me into the FCT in FRA? or will I have to be on the SAME flight as my friend?

NewbieRunner Oct 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by globaltrotter (Post 15005262)
If a friend is flying confirmed F class out of FRA and I am flying LH C class to a different destination, would he be able to guest me into the FCT in FRA? or will I have to be on the SAME flight as my friend?

You will have to be on the same flight.

Ysitincoach Oct 24, 2010 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by rorschi (Post 15003303)
Yes, you have to enter into Germany, as the entrance of the FCT is completely landside. Passport check for departure and security check will be done at the FCT.

Otherwise, you can visit the FCL B, which has the same service levels as the FCT.

Once technically in Germany is it a pain to then get to the FCT? Once leaving passport control.

mamb0 Oct 24, 2010 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach (Post 15005803)
Once technically in Germany is it a pain to then get to the FCT? Once leaving passport control.

Depends on the amount of hand luggage and the weather.

You have to leave the terminal on either departure or arrival area and walk between 300 and 700m depending on where you exit the terminal.

Sometimes it is quicker and more efficient to do the walk, triggers for me are where my feeder arrives and the connecting plane departs. If I arrive at A or Bus Gates and leave from B or C I most definitely do the walk to the FCT.

If I arrive A Schengen and depart from B non Schengen, I will use FCL A.

If I arrive at C and depart from B or A it depends on the amount of pax around me. In the last instances I decided to leave and walk to the FCT.

Never was picked up in C and driven to FCL B so far.

It is quite sad, that for a Hon or an F class pax leaving the terminal can be the most efficient way to connect in FRA.

That is why I prefer MUC and ZRH and even DUS over FRA. It is actually always my last choice when I do the booking.

globaltrotter Oct 25, 2010 10:51 am

Has anyone gained access to the FCT when arriving on a F class flight with a connection flight in C class? I know the rules say no, but I was wondering if people were turned away if they walked all the way to the FCT and the agent "felt bad" let them in anyway?

any experiences???

globaltrotter Oct 25, 2010 4:14 pm

Another question is if I was flying Turkish airlines C class from IST to MUC and then LH C class from MUC to CDG, could I be allowed entry to the FCL in MUC, if my friend was going to be arriving in MUC (from ORD) in First Class and I was his "guest"? He will also be departing from MUC to CDG in C class on the same flight as me.

divjan Oct 25, 2010 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by globaltrotter (Post 15009352)
Has anyone gained access to the FCT when arriving on a F class flight with a connection flight in C class? I know the rules say no, but I was wondering if people were turned away if they walked all the way to the FCT and the agent "felt bad" let them in anyway?

any experiences???

again this forum is little different from others, search function would have answered your question...

if you arrive on LH F in FRA and have a connecting flight on LH/LX/OS in either C or Y class you do have access to FCT, you have to walk there by foot
read some of the other postings and see if its wise to walk over to FCT...it all depends on your arrival/departure gates