FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/883108-fra-f-hon-first-class-terminal-fct-faq.html)

oliver2002 Sep 21, 2010 7:46 am

The charm of the FCL wears off after the 2nd or 3rd visit. If you are not hungry, are done with the shower, collected your duckie, got your suit pressed and had a few snacks at the buffet, the FCT/L gets boring. Don't get me wrong, it beats the 'athmosphere' of the SEN lounge, but I wouldn't spend more than 1 1/2 - 2 hours in there.

SuperFlyBoy Sep 21, 2010 7:56 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 14733431)
The charm of the FCL wears off after the 2nd or 3rd visit. If you are not hungry, are done with the shower, collected your duckie, got your suit pressed and had a few snacks at the buffet, the FCT/L gets boring. Don't get me wrong, it beats the 'athmosphere' of the SEN lounge, but I wouldn't spend more than 1 1/2 - 2 hours in there.

+1

I have the same opinion.

I guess getting into the car and all that is "fun", but I prefer to walk to my gate for the exercise. The only problem with this is the blo*dy security at FRA sometimes! :td:

macabus Sep 21, 2010 8:01 am

Agreed.

However, if you're game to taste through their excellent selection of Scotch, Cognac and Tequila, then it may take an additional hour or two.

oliver2002 Sep 21, 2010 8:10 am

Originally Posted by macabus (Post 14733653)
However, if you're game to taste through their excellent selection of Scotch, Cognac and Tequila, then it may take an additional hour or two.

Or a liver or two. :p Last night I had vodka, white wine, red wine and some other stuff on the flight to FRA. I had absolutely no interest whatsoever to have anything remotely alcoholic in the FCL after landing :(

NewbieRunner Sep 21, 2010 8:56 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 14733741)
Or a liver or two. :p Last night I had vodka, white wine, red wine and some other stuff on the flight to FRA. I had absolutely no interest whatsoever to have anything remotely alcoholic in the FCL after landing :(

Anything to do with the fact it was 7:30 in the morning? :rolleyes:

Jimgotkp Sep 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 14734331)

Go to the day room and take a nap then head back to the FCT or FCL and repeat with the drinking :D

SunLover Sep 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Here is an Idea

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 14734331)

Champagne works anytime of the day... ^

SunLover

Ari Sep 24, 2010 2:11 pm

I wouldn't go there early just to spend time, but when I am forced to have a 4-hour connection, the FCT/FCLs don't bore me. I can sample a from a bottle of alcohol I haven't tasted yet or take a nap or use the computer or go to the spa or have a good meal; the novelty wears off for sure, but I can't say it is boring. The SEN lounge is boring!

SmilingBoy Oct 5, 2010 4:21 am

Originally Posted by mamb0 (Post 12763034)
I wanted to show you on google maps but am surprised they have old footage of the area where it is not included.

Originally Posted by uiucsb (Post 13964970)
Maybe I'm being overly anal, but I can't seem to figure out which building on a satellite map is the FCT. Does anyone have the GPS coordinate for it? Thanks for the help!

The FCT is not on Google Maps Satellite View, nor on Bing Maps Aerial View. However, it is included in the Bing Maps Birds eye view. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to provide a direct link to the bird's eye view. To see the FCT, go here:

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...style=a&lvl=19

The FCT has been built on the parking lot (the map is roughly centred over where the FCT entrance is situated now). Now pan to the right a bit so that you are over the main terminal building. You can now activate bird's eye view. Turn the viewing direction 180°, and you can see the FCT (you may have to move a bit again so the FCT comes back into view). It is a square building with a half-round extension to the North of it, which is used as drop-off zone.

As orientation, here is the Map from Lufthansa again:

http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/j...dia_648924.jpg

If you orient yourself using this map, you should be easily able to find the FCT in the bird's eye view.

Alternatively, maybe someone knows how to provide a direct link to the bird's eye view.

GPS coordinates: 50.049945 (North), 8.564320 (East)

oliver2002 Oct 5, 2010 5:09 am

Over at the VFT forum someone posted how the FCT looks like when the morning batch of maximisers have been there:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/155/3...95e409.jpg?v=0 :D

synd Oct 5, 2010 5:40 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 14889189)
Over at the VFT forum someone posted how the FCT looks like when the morning batch of maximisers have been there:

lol thks for the laugh oliver! :D

johndeere19 Oct 5, 2010 8:30 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 14889189)

^

SFO 1K Oct 5, 2010 4:43 pm

So, I have read about 10 pages of the thread, including the first page.

Really, looking for your advice and some counsel, please.

Travel is ZRH-FRA-DEN. Segment 1 is C, Segment 2 is F
Looking just at today's flights - it appears the first flight arrived gate A34 the departure to the US from A41.

We have 3+ hours connection.

I would love to try the FCT, but it seems convoluted to go back and forth for the lounge when there is a FCL in the A pier.

My travel companion has some mobility limitations. Not wheelchair bound, but excessive walking is a problem.

Would we benefit by asking for Special Assistance? Would they meet us by car on arrival into FRA and take us to the FCT?

Any other tips?

globaltrotter Oct 6, 2010 12:28 pm

Will I have access to the FCT in FRA (I think so based on the access T&C)?

Here is my itinerary:

10:25am April 11 FRA - ZRH on LX Biz

12:50pm April 11 ZRH - YUL on LX First (A333)

Because I am flying on LX first class with a same day departure, I should have access to the First Class Terminal in FRA in the morning before my flight to ZRH correct?

Thanks.

macabus Oct 6, 2010 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by globaltrotter (Post 14898304)
Will I have access to the FCT in FRA (I think so based on the access T&C)?

Here is my itinerary:

10:25am April 11 FRA - ZRH on LX Biz

12:50pm April 11 ZRH - YUL on LX First (A333)

Because I am flying on LX first class with a same day departure, I should have access to the First Class Terminal in FRA in the morning before my flight to ZRH correct?

Thanks.

Yes, you should have access to the FCT.