FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/883108-fra-f-hon-first-class-terminal-fct-faq.html)

SleepOverGreenland Nov 22, 2010 9:09 am

Originally Posted by leoninet (Post 15236077)
I´ve read a report in another site that states LH did not allowed a passenger arriving in F (with a connection on LH in C) to the FCT....they "invited" the pax to the FCL...this situation would be very embarrasing for me...

This happened for a short period in early 2009, when new rules took place. Those rules did change short after. If you find your way to the FCT you will be allowed to enter. Probably the best choice for you arriving from EZE and going to CDG. In particular if your flight is in the next couple weeks. Germany went to alarm mode "dark red" recently due to possible terrorist attacks. So there are enhanced security checks, blocked ways and long lines in the normal terminals these days.

SMK77 Nov 23, 2010 5:45 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland (Post 15238470)
This happened for a short period in early 2009, when new rules took place. Those rules did change short after. If you find your way to the FCT you will be allowed to enter. Probably the best choice for you arriving from EZE and going to CDG. In particular if your flight is in the next couple weeks. Germany went to alarm mode "dark red" recently due to possible terrorist attacks. So there are enhanced security checks, blocked ways and long lines in the normal terminals these days.

The FCT is still no Arrival Lounge only. You need another flight that day ex FRA - but that doesn't have to be in F. Any flight on LH/LX/OS will do.

SleepOverGreenland Nov 23, 2010 8:28 am

Well, this is the itin

Originally Posted by leoninet (Post 15226079)
(...) EZE-FRA in F with LH and FRA-CDG in C with LH(...)

and I replied

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
(...)The FCT(...)the best choice for you arriving from EZE and going to CDG(...)

So tell me where I said the FCT is an arrival lounge? :confused:

Originally Posted by SMK77 (Post 15250991)
The FCT is still no Arrival Lounge only. You need another flight that day ex FRA - but that doesn't have to be in F. Any flight on LH/LX/OS will do.

elitelite Nov 24, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi, I've read through the thread and I'm not sure I can find a similar situation. My upcoming routing is:

MIA-ZRH on LX in F
ZRH-FRA on LH in C
FRA-BKK on TG in F

...I know I'll get access to the FCL in ZRH.

...and I know that if I was arriving LH F into FRA and departing TG F, I'd get access to the FCL at FRA.

...but will I get access to the FCL in FRA if I'm arriving on an LH Group flight at a different gateway, and connecting to a non-LH Group flight at FRA?

The Mileage Millionaire Nov 24, 2010 2:28 pm

We have a 23 hour connection (10:45 AM to 9:45 AM next day) from LH F to LH C. Can we access the FTL and/or FTC prior to the LH C flight?

sentom Nov 24, 2010 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by fsa_ea (Post 15272470)
We have a 23 hour connection (10:45 AM to 9:45 AM next day) from LH F to LH C. Can we access the FTL and/or FTC prior to the LH C flight?

nope, same day only...

The Mileage Millionaire Nov 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 15273888)
nope, same day only...

We've got "FCI" printed on our boarding passes for our onward C flight. Isn't that our ticket to get into the FCT?

sentom Nov 25, 2010 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by fsa_ea (Post 15284185)
We've got "FCI" printed on our boarding passes for our onward C flight. Isn't that our ticket to get into the FCT?

unless you arrive from an overnight flight (e.g. from the US with a next morning arrival) its same day only!

elitelite Nov 25, 2010 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 15286446)
unless you arrive from an overnight flight (e.g. from the US with a next morning arrival) its same day only!

Which I assume means calendar day, not "same-day" as it is worded in the Star Alliance lounge access policy (which I understand has no relation to FCT/FCL, but am just pointing out that there are variations on how to define 'same-day")

"Same day travel: Eligible travel occurring within 24 hours of the first eligible scheduled departure time"

Anyone know if MIA-ZRH-FRA-BKK entitles one to FCL in FRA?

SleepOverGreenland Nov 26, 2010 1:12 am

Originally Posted by elitelite (Post 15288761)
Which I assume means calendar day, not "same-day" as it is worded in the Star Alliance lounge access policy (which I understand has no relation to FCT/FCL, but am just pointing out that there are variations on how to define 'same-day")

"Same day travel: Eligible travel occurring within 24 hours of the first eligible scheduled departure time"

Anyone know if MIA-ZRH-FRA-BKK entitles one to FCL in FRA?

It is absolutely unbelievable to me that even a simple "same day" term can have different interpretations. :eek:

People must have switch off their brain when defining "same day" different from the obvious (midnight to midnight, timezone at location).

Reagrding your question: which airlines? which CoS?

elitelite Nov 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland (Post 15290178)
It is absolutely unbelievable to me that even a simple "same day" term can have different interpretations. :eek:

People must have switch off their brain when defining "same day" different from the obvious (midnight to midnight, timezone at location).

Reagrding your question: which airlines? which CoS?

I completely agree :-)

Anyway, my routing is:

MIA-ZRH in LX F, connecting to
ZRH-FRA in LH C, connecting to
FRA-BKK in TG F

All on the "same day" ;-)

Thanks!

uiucsb Nov 27, 2010 11:36 pm

Google maps streetview now includes FRA. From the upper road, it is possible to see the first class terminal and the bridge to it. It's also possible to see the overpass from the road below. Note that it's not possible to easily reach the upper entrance from the lower road loop... at least not that I found.

NewbieRunner Nov 28, 2010 12:39 am

Originally Posted by uiucsb (Post 15313115)
Google maps streetview now includes FRA. From the upper road, it is possible to see the first class terminal and the bridge to it.

@:-)

It's interesting to be able to see a building that doesn't exist on the (Google) map! :D

TRAVELSIG Nov 28, 2010 1:20 am

Google maps streetview now includes FRA. From the upper road, it is possible to see the first class terminal and the bridge to it. It's also possible to see the overpass from the road below. Note that it's not possible to easily reach the upper entrance from the lower road loop... at least not that I found.

Why would you want/need to do this? You can enter the FCT below, you can take the stairs next to the FCT (although I don't know why anyone would do this), oryou can simply exit at the level of the terminal you want to be at.

SmilingBoy Nov 28, 2010 3:17 am

Note that it's not possible to easily reach the upper entrance from the lower road loop... at least not that I found.

There is the spiral stair case, which is very easy to climb if you have hand luggage only. Not recommended for checked luggage though.