FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/883108-fra-f-hon-first-class-terminal-fct-faq.html)

andre1970 Jun 9, 2009 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 11879364)
I would not venture out 30-40 mins but instead be in the FCL in 10 and enjoy the service, the bathroom(s) and maybe catch a nap in the sleep rooms instead.

Fully agree. First class is about convenience and forcing your family of 5 on an excursion to FRA, exposed to the elements of nature, on a road without sidewalks or, alternatively, zigzagging your way through a cab parking lot, is not first class.

Originally Posted by hch (Post 11880908)
Actually the FCL MUC catering is from LSG, while the FCT and the FCLs in FRA and JFK are catered by Do & Co.

That's right!

seat 1a Jun 10, 2009 12:56 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 11880099)
except for the cigar bar.

:confused: , I have been puffing in cigar bar in FCT , FCL A&B.

troyb Jun 10, 2009 12:47 pm

Just wanted to thank you guys for the comments. I think you've swayed me from trying to bring the family out to the FCT, instead we'll hang at the FCL.

I may end up dropping them there and heading out to the FCT just to check it out, purely for the novelty of it. However if I do that, I'll be going it alone.

Thanks again.

globetraveler Jul 29, 2009 1:48 am

Not sure what policies have been implemented over the past few months, so I have a couple of questions, thanks in advance!

1) For an ORD-FRA-DUB itinerary in LH F, am I entitled to use the FCT (connection will be 4 hours) or is LH only allowing FCL access?

2) I will likely have an accommpanying passenger in C or Y, can they access the FCT or FCL with me?

Thanks!

2035 Jul 29, 2009 2:02 am

Originally Posted by troyb (Post 11880031)
Is it really so similar aside from the car transfer? Food/drink selection, everything, is the same? Will it be crowded at 7am?

If in transit, I prefer the B lounge over FCT as they tend to let you stay a bit longer and board a bit later (if you getting a limousine to outside position/C gate etc).

dunas_dog Jul 29, 2009 2:56 am

We are flying on reward tickets, arriving terminal 1 FRA from Edinburgh at 16.50 (LH C class as only 2 class cabin), departing 21.55 to SIN in LH F class (not sure which terminal but I think also terminal 1).

Therefore we have 5 hour layover (later EDI flight would have only given us about 40 minutes which was too tight). I have requested wheelchair and board assist for my mother, who has some mobility problems following a knee replacement and cannot walk too far.

Which lounge (or should we go to FCT) would we be best advised to go to in FRA? I am assuming, from what LH told me when booking board assist, she will get assistance in getting to lounge/FCT from incoming flight and from lounge to outbound SIN flight.

From reading various posts I initially thought FCT would be best but now wondering if one of the FCL's might be better option. I would appreciate any advice

Longlegs Jul 29, 2009 3:47 am

With a Wheelchair I'd certainly stay in the airport terminal. Keeps your life more comfortable.

The walk to the FCT is too long and tricky. Upside down the curbs all the time. If you are just for yourself, "young" and ready for a walk I would certainly have done it for a five hours break but here: no. Except they drive you over the apron straight to the FCT. And that's unlikely.

f4freeJunior Jul 29, 2009 4:17 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE51-1/100.34.20; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Originally Posted by globetraveler
Not sure what policies have been implemented over the past few months, so I have a couple of questions, thanks in advance!

1) For an ORD-FRA-DUB itinerary in LH F, am I entitled to use the FCT (connection will be 4 hours) or is LH only allowing FCL access?

2) I will likely have an accommpanying passenger in C or Y, can they access the FCT or FCL with me?

Thanks!

1) FCL only.

2) yes, you can bring a guest into the FCL if one of the following criteria is matched: he is on the same departing flight, fra-dub, or if he joins you on the ord-fra only and stops in FRA.
So in your case: a clear YES!

Enjoy the trip.

SleepOverGreenland Jul 29, 2009 5:08 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior (Post 12139985)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE51-1/100.34.20; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Is this technical gaga of any importance to anyone? :confused:

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior (Post 12139985)
1) FCL only.

2) yes, you can bring a guest into the FCL if one of the following criteria is matched: he is on the same departing flight, fra-dub, or if he joins you on the ord-fra only and stops in FRA.
So in your case: a clear YES!

1) No, assuming FRA-DUB is on LH globetraveler is entitled to use the FCT. The changed rule from February changed back in April.
2) Must be on same departure flight FRA-DUB. IIRC even FCL can't be used as arrivals lounge for non-F companions of F pax.

c1mth0g Aug 4, 2009 3:44 pm

Does same-day ticket in LH/LX F get FCL/FCT access?

Do you have to be arriving or departing in F to get FCL/FCT access?

I'm thinking about situations like the following

JFK-ZRH in F
ZRH-FRA in C
FRA-LHR in C

or

FRA-MUC in C
MUC-SIN in F

Is there FCL/FCT access at FRA in these cases?

mh492 Aug 4, 2009 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by c1mth0g (Post 12175053)
Do you have to be arriving or departing in F to get FCL/FCT access?

I'm thinking about situations like the following

JFK-ZRH in F
ZRH-FRA in C
FRA-LHR in C

or

FRA-MUC in C
MUC-SIN in F

Is there FCL/FCT access at FRA in these cases?

For the FRA-MUC-SIN there should be no problem with FCT/FCL access. I have done that before with an F ticket and similar routes before.

The JFK-ZRH-FRA-LHR should be also fine, but I can't guarantee you that. I was going YVR-FRA-ZRH-LHR a few month ago. FCT access in FRA was no problem and I even got into the F lounge in ZRH. However later on they said, that they should have not granted me access.

ngfan Aug 4, 2009 10:53 pm

I guess lounge hopping between FCL B and FCT is permitted, right ?

mh492 Aug 4, 2009 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by ngfan (Post 12176926)

I have been in the FCL B when it opened for the first time and later went to the FCT. Had a little bit longer layover in FRA. First FCT and then FCL B would be kinda stupid.

If you really wanna go out of your way with lounge hopping you can also make it to FCL A on your way :D

ngfan Aug 4, 2009 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by mh492 (Post 12176955)
...If you really wanna go out of your way with lounge hopping you can also make it to FCL A on your way :D

Well, I already booked the afternoon feeder to FRA for my late evening departure to have a long layover for FCT enjoyment (or FCL B -> FCT trek now). To include FCL A may force me to rebook to a morning feeder...:D

Rambuster Aug 5, 2009 1:37 am

Originally Posted by ngfan (Post 12176926)

They are basically all the same inside so why bother ?