FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/883108-fra-f-hon-first-class-terminal-fct-faq.html)

rebech34 Dec 22, 2009 3:55 pm

thank you both!

very good thread

Ari Dec 22, 2009 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by rebech34 (Post 13038565)
very good thread

I assume this thread will be closed or merged, but I will just put in a good word for the B FCL. When you are transfering, it is just the easiest thing to do and they drive you to your plane from there. Not worth it to run out to the FCT-- there is simply no reason to do it.

Enjoy.

jmittle Dec 23, 2009 6:59 am

Lufthansa Frankfurt First Class Terminal vs First Class connecting Lounge

Hi,

On Xmas day i will be connecting in First class from Geneva to Mexico.

I was wondering if it is better to exit and go to the First Class Terminal or remain in the Terminal and just go to the First Class Lounge?

synd Dec 23, 2009 7:09 am

hi jmittle,

it depends what you are in for and how long you have in FRA. The new B FCL is as nice as the terminal, and you can get a massage there as well (but you have to pay for it). Now if you have never been there and have enough time the terminal in itself is a nice experience (for the car ride, PA, and feeling), so i would say go for it.

synd.
ps: do a search there are plenty of threads regarding this issue.

jmittle Dec 23, 2009 7:13 am

Originally Posted by synd (Post 13041587)
hi jmittle,

it depends what you are in for and how long you have in FRA. The new B FCL is as nice as the terminal, and you can get a massage there as well (but you have to pay for it). Now if you have never been there and have enough time the terminal in itself is a nice experience (for the car ride, PA, and feeling), so i would say go for it.

synd.
ps: do a search there are plenty of threads regarding this issue.

I did a search and read someone said if you are connecting go to the new B FCL...but i have always heard about the Terminal...so wanted the most up to date responses...see you say if you have never tried Terminal go for it....are both the same modern feel or is the new one much different now since the Terminal has been open for years?

Fendant Dec 23, 2009 7:30 am

B FCL is as nice as the FCT with the advantage that you don't have to walk outside. They will also drive you to the plane, if it is not leaving from B of course. F&B selection is a good as in the FCT and the Wiener Schnitzel is my favourite.

rolov Dec 23, 2009 7:48 am

FCL B:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3631/...b1ffd71331.jpg

FCT:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3324/...a8047ff3bd.jpg

Enjoy.

jmittle Dec 23, 2009 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Fendant (Post 13041693)
B FCL is as nice as the FCT with the advantage that you don't have to walk outside. They will also drive you to the plane, if it is not leaving from B of course. F&B selection is a good as in the FCT and the Wiener Schnitzel is my favourite.

Thanks for this...I guess with the NEW lounge it makes sense to stay in the terminal and not leave....just over the years ive heard so much about the First Class Terminal but then again I was at Qatar's Premium terminal in 2008

Ari Dec 23, 2009 12:17 pm

I'd just use the B FCL. The novelty of the FCT is cool, but it is really only the useful for Shengen apron flights or originating in FRA. Otherwise, it is a waste of time IMO.

Rambuster Dec 23, 2009 1:54 pm

I'd also vote for the FCL B, unless you arrive at an apron position and are bused to the B exit. Then I'd walk over to the FCT.

SwissHON Dec 23, 2009 2:48 pm

FCL is newer, fresher, less crowded and with the same amenities as the FCT

mamb0 Dec 23, 2009 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13044135)
I'd also vote for the FCL B, unless you arrive at an apron position and are bused to the B exit. Then I'd walk over to the FCT.

Hey, Just out of curiosity. Why would you walk to the fct when arriving at B busgates?
Cant be distance, or?

Condition One Dec 23, 2009 3:01 pm

The good FCL is near B26, right? I think last time I was steered towards the one near the A gates.

Rambuster Dec 23, 2009 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by mamb0 (Post 13044552)
Hey, Just out of curiosity. Why would you walk to the fct when arriving at B busgates?
Cant be distance, or?

Depends on the security one might have to go through. I prefer the walk to the FCT with a very swift and civilised sercurity screening than the regular FRAport goons in the main terminal.

rolov Dec 23, 2009 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Condition One (Post 13044588)
The good FCL is near B26, right? I think last time I was steered towards the one near the A gates.

Correct, it is upstairs from B22. Also the A FCL is in the schengen area.