FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/883108-fra-f-hon-first-class-terminal-fct-faq.html)

PapaSmurf Nov 9, 2009 8:09 am

Originally Posted by mamb0 (Post 12763034)
Follow the signs for Terminal 1 departure, use the right lane of the 2 lanes (creatively named Abflugbogen) leading to Terminal 1. When you are close to the terminal the road describes a curve to the left towards the terminal, this is the second where you see a sign "First Class Terminal" and you have to take a turn to the right.

I wanted to show you on google maps but am surprised they have old footage of the area where it is not included.

^ Thanks for the info. Your directions have proven invaluable in finding FCT. As mentioned you've got to stay in the right lane because as soon as you see the sign the road splits and you have to go right.

I was able to simply leave the rental car there and the FCT staff took care of dropping it off at Avis. Great service.

infy9001 Nov 9, 2009 10:57 am

Originally Posted by transpac (Post 12790325)
I did this itinerary last week. FCL-A may be more convenient for the BOS arrival. We docked at A59 so a short walk to FCL-A, passing passport control and security. We were a bit early into FRA (5:50 flying time), so I was the first one into the lounge.

My BKK departure was from the C concourse so the car from the FCT was convenient.

Thanks for the update. Did the A lounge have the famed duckies? How did you manage to kill the 15 odd hours at the airport? or did you spend it mostly in the FCT?

Sydfly Nov 12, 2009 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Sydfly (Post 12790013)
The question above was answered with a "Yes" but I'm wondering whether this was due to the incoming LH F flight or purely due to the LX F flight departing from ZRH that day?

I'm flying FRA-ZRH in LX C und then ZRH-DXB in LX F and I know I can use the First LX Lounge in ZRH but it's be even nicer if I could use the FCT in FRA. The rules don't specifically mention that same day LX flights (especially if they depart from ZRH rather than FRA) would allow access to FCT in FRA.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

yycworldtraveler Nov 12, 2009 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Sydfly (Post 12813773)
Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Just flew LX C FRA-ZRH connecting to LX F ZRH-BKK.

I was able to use the FCT in FRA including Limo transfer to my little Avro RJ.

aurigakb Nov 13, 2009 1:17 am

A 747 would have 16 F seats, so potentially up to 16 passengers. How is the car transfer arranged for everyone? Separately, or in small groups?

flamboyant 1 Nov 13, 2009 2:18 am

Usually small groups in the Mercedes Viano. It would be rare to have all 16 guests in the FCT - usually there are some connecting pax using the regular FCLs or even short connections or people who do not know/care about the FCT.

spongebobkl Nov 13, 2009 2:59 am

More like 8 out of 16 are OPUPS at the gate :mad:

Sydfly Nov 15, 2009 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler (Post 12813810)
Just flew LX C FRA-ZRH connecting to LX F ZRH-BKK.

I was able to use the FCT in FRA including Limo transfer to my little Avro RJ.

Thanks for confirming this.

rolov Nov 19, 2009 10:21 am

If I arrive in LH F from EWR, and I am connecting to LH C to CDG four hours later, what will be my lounge option? I have never been to FCL A, only FCL B and FCT.

mh492 Nov 19, 2009 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by rolov (Post 12847050)
If I arrive in LH F from EWR, and I am connecting to LH C to CDG four hours later, what will be my lounge option? I have never been to FCL A, only FCL B and FCT.

You could use any LH lounge in FRA you find. And since you have time, you can actually go and look at all of them. Not that FCL A is any different than the other two.

rolov Nov 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by mh492 (Post 12848631)
You could use any LH lounge in FRA you find. And since you have time, you can actually go and look at all of them. Not that FCL A is any different than the other two.

Thanks.

rolov Nov 23, 2009 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by divjan (Post 12773712)
unlike some other *A companies (ie SQ) LH gives access to their F class lounges to all F class ticket holders irrespective if the ticket is full fare, discounted, upgraded or award

SQ F passengers were never denied access to their F Class Lounge, they just had a lounge inside the F lounge that was limited to paid F or Suites. That has now been changed to anyone in F or R AFAIK.

divjan Nov 23, 2009 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by rolov (Post 12868552)
SQ F passengers were never denied access to their F Class Lounge, they just had a lounge inside the F lounge that was limited to paid F or Suites. That has now been changed to anyone in F or R AFAIK.

i know that award tix holders were not given access to TPR room in the past....good to hear that they have changed this

rolov Nov 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by divjan (Post 12868712)
i know that award tix holders were not given access to TPR room in the past....good to hear that they have changed this

You are correct, I was just saying that they were allowed into the F lounge, just not the lounge within the lounge :D. They have relaxed the rules now but with SQ you never know what you might encounter.

rolov Nov 24, 2009 9:50 am

One more question

First Class Lounge at Gate A26, Pier A, Terminal 1
The First Class Lounge at Gate A26 is available to Lufthansa First Class passengers and HON Circle Members, who are departing from Frankfurt, changing flights there or arriving. Each guest may invite family members (spouse/partner, children) and one companion into the lounge, provided that they are all booked on the same flight.

The First Class Lounge at Gate A26 is open daily from 05:30 hrs - 22:30 hrs.

First Class Lounge in Pier B, Terminal 1, between gates B22 and B24
The First Class Lounge in Pier B is available to Lufthansa First Class passengers and HON Circle Members, who are departing from Frankfurt, changing flights there or arriving. Each guest may invite family members (spouse/partner, children) and one companion into the lounge, provided that they are all booked on the same flight.

By random coincidence a friend is flying on the same EWR-FRA tomorrow with me, I have an onward connection to CDG and he has a connection to LHR.
Am I reading this correctly. Can I guest him into the FCL since we are both arriving on the same flight?