Community
Wiki Posts
Search

op ups - who's chosen first

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2008, 2:58 pm

Programs: LH
Why should it be sarcasm?
I would have loved to stick with my windows seat.

Just, it is true with Family and Friends. I now experienced it. Shure, there were other SEN on board.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 3:49 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by chumbawumba
How can I put into my profile, that I want a windows seat, not near the wing or the engine, not an exit or a bulk-head row. Do not mind the traveling class.
I fully agree with you - and have already refused more than one opup. I don't mind whether it's an exit- or a bulk-head row - but window is mandatory. I like the option that I can preassign my seat in advance also in European Eco now, and I choose that seat I really want to fly on...

(just on long-hauls it's usually not possible to get an opup because of my original reservation )
Old Aug 3, 2008, 4:04 pm

Yea, happy you.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
123 posts one the one crucial question hasn't been asked yet: if I am not on the flight: who else is chosen last for the op-up ?
Old Aug 3, 2008, 7:31 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by weero
123 posts one the one crucial question hasn't been asked yet: if I am not on the flight: who else is chosen last for the op-up ?
Me. Never got one.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 11:20 pm

weero, actually, it took me by surprise. Since I got Gold and above, it was never me. And I am sure, there were flights were they could have. But, as said, family and friends ....
Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:01 am

Programs: EY-Gold LH-SEN AA-Gold HHonors-Gold National-ES
I was chosen last
Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Is this sarcasm?
Not on short-haul. Unless, you are very hungry, the best seats on the plane are usually in Y (the exit row), and the worst seats in C (first row bulkheads).
Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
Not on short-haul. Unless, you are very hungry, the best seats on the plane are usually in Y (the exit row), and the worst seats in C (first row bulkheads).
Especially on Air Dolimiti or LH Cityline where boarding is at the back, I prefer economy with seat-blocking. Hate waiting till last to leave the plane, especially at MUC when I can see the HON limo waiting for me!
Old Aug 4, 2008, 2:57 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
if I am not on the flight: who else is chosen last for the op-up ?
If you think of your vast amount of F op-ups this questions does not make sense.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 3:04 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Why should it be sarcasm?
I would have loved to stick with my windows seat.

Just, it is true with Family and Friends. I now experienced it. Shure, there were other SEN on board.
OK, now I understand it, based on comments made others! Sorry...
Old Aug 4, 2008, 3:09 am

You do not need to be sorry, I understand what you mean.

Most prefer Exit rows, I just hate them.
Most prefer op-ups, I just want my windows seat.

During the flight, exspecially within Europe, the catering can not be as good as the food in the lounge - most of the time.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 3:19 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
You do not need to be sorry, I understand what you mean.

During the flight, exspecially within Europe, the catering can not be as good as the food in the lounge - most of the time.
Stimmt!

I prefer exit/aisle, but this is only preference...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Aug 4, 2008 at 3:20 am Reason: addition/deletion/correction...
Old Aug 4, 2008, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Triple3
If you think of your vast amount of F op-ups this questions does not make sense.
Hey! That item is not for proliferation ... that makes you the second one after TRMM .
Old Aug 4, 2008, 8:36 am

weero, actually, it took me by surprise. Since I got Gold and above, it was never me. And I am sure, there were flights were they could have. But, as said, family and friends ....
I know on my few AC and AA runs, I scored 4 op ups so far. But UA and LH carefully 'preserve my preassigned seat'. That is unless a family with no status whatsoever opts to be seated together ... last minute that is.

That gives yet another flavour to 'family and friends' at those desks.
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Me. Never got one.
And you still fly them? That is nearly as brave as Kiwi ... and in his case, I cannot even accuse him of jingoism ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.