Wiki Posts
Search

op ups - who's chosen first

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2008, 2:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by weero
123 posts one the one crucial question hasn't been asked yet: if I am not on the flight: who else is chosen last for the op-up ?
On LH it is me. Not one op-up and only 2 supported upgrades (one with e-vouchers and the other for a service issue).
Old Aug 4, 2008, 2:42 pm

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
123 posts one the one crucial question hasn't been asked yet: if I am not on the flight: who else is chosen last for the op-up ?
Never got one on a LH flight. Ok, only ~150 LH (incl CL, EW, C9) flights within the last couple of years. But already 2 op-ups on UA (where I've no status with and a total of ~65 flights).
Old Aug 4, 2008, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
One op up to date: HAM-FRA from Y -> C ... perhaps in a next life !
Old Aug 4, 2008, 3:39 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by Rambuster
One op up to date: HAM-FRA from Y -> C ... perhaps in a next life !
I get very regularly opups (and sometimes even say "no, thank you...", when the new seat is worse than the original one).

The best chances are on touristic routes on saturdays and sundays - never got one on a weekday so far...
Old Aug 4, 2008, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by rorschi
I get very regularly opups (and sometimes even say "no, thank you...", when the new seat is worse than the original one).

The best chances are on touristic routes on saturdays and sundays - never got one on a weekday so far...
To be honest, I suspect that my op-up opportunities were rather limited, as I was usually in the highest COS anyway (Thanks to my previous and current employer). Mostly in C on European hops and at least in C on longhaul. C -> F op-ups will occur more seldom than Y -> C. On top of that I have always managed to get an F seat if I wanted one ! ^
(M&M isn't that bad, especially pre 2004 !)
Old Aug 8, 2008, 3:37 pm

Programs: LH HON
Wow, my first ever op-up from Y -> C with LH on FRA-ORD . Even more surprising as I travelled on an award ticket and I am only FTL, ie. bottom feeder.

Marc
Old Aug 8, 2008, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Rose9875
Wow, my first ever op-up from Y -> C with LH on FRA-ORD . Even more surprising as I travelled on an award ticket and I am only FTL, ie. bottom feeder..
Jealous
Old Aug 8, 2008, 4:19 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Jealous
We can tell from your signature line
Old Aug 8, 2008, 4:27 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Jealous
There is a simple way to enjoy biz (and you even choose your preferred seat in advance) !

Go to www.lufthansa.com , and buy a ticket

(For this advice I should get an award ).
Old Aug 9, 2008, 1:28 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Rose9875
Wow, my first ever op-up from Y -> C with LH on FRA-ORD . Even more surprising as I travelled on an award ticket and I am only FTL, ie. bottom feeder.

Marc
LH gate rep told me she would upgrade all M&M (even blue) first, before any *G's, which is why I got SEN - I had *no* op-ups on LH until then...
Old Aug 9, 2008, 4:40 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
LH gate rep told me she would upgrade all M&M (even blue) first, before any *G's, which is why I got SEN - I had *no* op-ups on LH until then...
That is not the norm. *G comes below LH's own FTLs, but definetely ahead of any regular M/M members. The gate agent must have been on a power trip that day.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 11:58 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Originally Posted by rorschi
There is a simple way to enjoy biz (and you even choose your preferred seat in advance) !

Go to www.lufthansa.com , and buy a ticket
That's not what this forum is abt., right?
Old Aug 9, 2008, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by rcs85551
That is not the norm. *G comes below LH's own FTLs, but definetely ahead of any regular M/M members. The gate agent must have been on a power trip that day.
That she was....as UA*G (1K) I rode in the back, next to a lady who was gassing me the whole 8 hours...

I think procedure should be to use the M&M (FTL at the time) card...or suffer!
Old Aug 10, 2008, 6:49 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
SFB - you are old enough not to listen to what LH underlings believe they are doing. Unless they are really hot then you can enjoy the view while they are preaching. But that still does not constitute a justification for remembering what they said, let alone for posting it .
Originally Posted by rcs85551
Here's the time for the honourable mentioning of family and friends.

Maybe M&L Blue come first, SENs definitely don't .
Originally Posted by Triple3
That's not what this forum is abt., right?
I know that was quite a blasphemous comment. I cannot recall to have ever purchased anything on lufthansa.com other than fare errors ...

Definitely never a Biz tix.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Here's the time for the honourable mentioning of family and friends.
Forget LH Family&Friends, it's nothing compared to the OS Friends&More program, which I was lucky enough to enjoy just a few days ago. Honestly, this OS C experience was so much better than all my LH F, SQ F, TG F and of course UA F flights combined that I'm pretty certain I will never be able to enjoy a regular flight in F again.

I guess I'll simply have to stop flying and cherish the memories.
But it was nice knowing you all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.