Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2008, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by szg
Correct answer: me !!
You wish - keep on dreaming

Cheers

Thomas
Old Apr 11, 2008, 11:17 pm

Programs: LH SEN (I miss my HON days), Sixt Diamond, everything else is silver by now
Guess what

Originally Posted by volta

P.S. there are SEN that buy only Y tickets
There are even HONs who only get Y tickets from their employer. Just got off a 11 hour flight from JNB in Y. Sometimes I hate my job
Old Apr 12, 2008, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by pokeshot
There are even HONs who only get Y tickets from their employer. Just got off a 11 hour flight from JNB in Y. Sometimes I hate my job
Ouch, don't know what to say. I thought that my traveling was tough ...
Old Apr 13, 2008, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by peter42
It is according to my experience more like:
HON/VIPs
LH pilotes
SEN
FTL
M&M
And if someone disagrees, you can always - rightfully - claim that there is no such thing as a pilote ...
Old Apr 13, 2008, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Which COS are LH pilots (or even pilotes !) entitled to use if deadheading or repositioning ?
On SQ I regularly see pilots (in uniform) in F.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA, LH FTL, BA, US, DL, UA, AF, Hilton, Priority Pass, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Which COS are LH pilots (or even pilotes !) entitled to use if deadheading or repositioning ?
On SQ I regularly see pilots (in uniform) in F.
In my time with the company I have seen them use both F and C class. As to entitlement, I am not sure. There have been days when I have seen a Captain fly in F, and the First Officer in C, so it may be seniority related, but beyond that, I'm not sure.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 5:14 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by tcswede
You wish - keep on dreaming

Cheers

Thomas
As I told you: I booked a RTF MUC-CDG-MUC and got on both flights an op-up to C !!
Old Apr 14, 2008, 1:18 am

Programs: too many
Well reading about a "system" behind op-ups, I would have to assume that HONs will practically have a guaranteed op-up. Well let me tell you that I have been doing lots of oversold Latin America flights in Biz, and the upgrade ratio is maybe 1:8 - no difference to my SEN days.

There have been threads before (sorry, too lazy to search them :-) that indicate that many other factors may play into this - and those differ between the stations and their handling. Like honoring early or late check-in, or just stupid ticketing "when required", so those that check in latest have the best quota (which would even encourage late show-up...), lifetime miles or money spent, begging/insisting...

For my part I have given up any "optimizing" strategies. Just hope for the next time around...
Old Apr 14, 2008, 1:23 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Hardy
Like honoring early or late check-in, or just stupid ticketing "when required", so those that check in latest have the best quota (which would even encourage late show-up...), lifetime miles or money spent, begging/insisting...
If the flight is full, you will automatically checked in as a SEN for the flight. In this case, you don´t have more chances, when you show up to the check-in at the latest possible time.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by szg
As I told you: I booked a RTF MUC-CDG-MUC and got on both flights an op-up to C !!
Hardly a surprise...
Old Apr 14, 2008, 3:15 am
hch

Originally Posted by szg
If the flight is full, you will automatically checked in as a SEN for the flight. In this case, you don´t have more chances, when you show up to the check-in at the latest possible time.

Yes, had boarding nr 001 on my INN-VIE this morning despite showing up quite late at the check-in.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 5:29 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Pilots on domestic positioning flights are often enough in Y and not in C
Old Apr 14, 2008, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Originally Posted by peter42
It is according to my experience more like:
HON/VIPs
LH pilotes
SEN
FTL
M&M
In my opinion it's more like:

VIPs
HON
LH Pilots
LH Friends&Family
SEN
FTL
*G
Old Jul 20, 2008, 2:22 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I was the recipient of my first ever opup on LH457 (UA8844) LAX-FRA last week, and I have no idea why. I was asked upon check-in at LAX if "aisle seats are okay?" I thought this was weird since I had already reserved my seats online. The GA told me I had been reassigned... and upgraded!

The great news for me was that I was already on a discounted Z fare in C, so this meant I was going to FRA in F!

This was my first time on LH (international), and I'm a UA Premier Exec (1P), so *G level with LH.

A nice surprise, but any idea... why me??!

Last edited by JonathanIT; Jul 20, 2008 at 12:37 pm
Old Jul 20, 2008, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
This is was my first time on LH (international), and I'm a UA Premier Exec (1P), so *G level with LH.

A nice surprise, but any idea... why me??!
Sure, LH hates LH-elites

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.