Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH increases[/reduces] fuel surcharge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:39 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN *G, Priority Club Plat. RA
Hello

Thank you guys, got quite nervous, cause I want to make some last minute award bookings and it might be only after 1st of May.

Cheers
aquaguy
Old Apr 3, 2009, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by aquaguy
Hello

Thank you guys, got quite nervous, cause I want to make some last minute award bookings and it might be only after 1st of May.

Cheers
aquaguy
Sorry about the scare!

Any views on why the Lh YQ charge from FRA to NRT is still the same as pre 1st April?

I thought it would be reduced.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 3:53 am

Programs: LH SEN
LH - YQ reduced

My friend who works in Lufthansa just told me that the YQ for long haul has already been reduced. It can save around 150 Euros or so, with departure from Taiwan ... Have anyone knew that?

Last edited by incantevole; Apr 23, 2009 at 4:29 am
Old Apr 23, 2009, 5:21 am
ym1

Programs: M&M, AVIS, HH, GP ...
Originally Posted by incantevole
My friend who works in Lufthansa just told me that the YQ for long haul has already been reduced. It can save around 150 Euros or so, with departure from Taiwan ... Have anyone knew that?
Just checked for July/09 from Europe to India, Beijing and Hong-Kong all still very high! nothing changed
Old Apr 23, 2009, 5:56 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by incantevole
Does this only apply to departure from Taiwan? Just as LH reduced fuel surcharges for departure from Japan earleir?

Despite fuel surcharges for departure from Japan having been reduced to 4800 yen (€38) per segment for longhaul and 2900 yen (€23) for intra-Germany/Europe, there hasn't been much change in the overall ticket price.

I just checked Z fares for Japan-UK and UK-Japan returns on the same dates in June and YQ is identical at 18600 yen (€146). But the total ticket cost ex-Japan is 444830 yen (€3496) and ex-UK is 320400 yen (€2518). I can actually buy the same ex-UK ticket on LH's UK website at £2218 (€2498) including YQ of £209.80 (€236).

So the size of YQ doesn't really mean much since LH can always adjust the fare to get the ticket price they want to charge.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:16 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
So the size of YQ doesn't really mean much since LH can always adjust the fare to get the ticket price they want to charge.
Except if you are on an award or a RTW ticket!
Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:57 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
True. @:-)
Old Apr 23, 2009, 7:50 am

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
I'm all for high YQ charges since their fare adjustment game means they are doing fares helsinki-london for 8 euros with about 160e in surcharges and fees. Which is really nice since you get all the fees and surcharges back if you cancel - so basically 8e cancellation charge

on the other hand it makes award tickets in europe a little pointless if you can get that 8e fare since then you're using thousands of miles to reduce the cost from 168e to about 130e, only fly smart is at all worthwhile now.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 1:51 pm
ym1

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
True. @:-)
Both are looks as not True :-(

LX (I saw it with award that include LX and LH) are very creative even on award tickets it calls: "Other Tax/Charge (YR)" over here the can charge any thing, so the exception is not for award.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 2:06 pm
ym1

Here how it works for award:
BRU - ZRH - BRU (LX)

Fuel and Security Surcharge (YQ) EUR 29.00
Airport Passenger Security & Noise Charge (CH) EUR 26.78
Passenger Service and Security Charge (BE) EUR 25.21
Other Tax/Charge (YR) EUR 29.00
Total EUR 109.99

BRU - FRA - BRU

Fuel and Security Surcharge (YQ) EUR 58.00
Airport Security Charge (DE) EUR 6.55
Passenger Service Charge - Intl (RA) EUR 19.88
Total EUR 109.64

As you can see we pay the same mount, the airline decide for the price and will match it, with different names, it can be YQ or YQ + YR at the end of the day we pay the same amount
Old Apr 24, 2009, 5:50 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by ym1
Here how it works for award:
BRU - ZRH - BRU (LX)

Fuel and Security Surcharge (YQ) EUR 29.00
Airport Passenger Security & Noise Charge (CH) EUR 26.78
Other Tax/Charge (YR) EUR 29.00
Total EUR 109.99

BRU - FRA - BRU

Fuel and Security Surcharge (YQ) EUR 58.00
Airport Security Charge (DE) EUR 6.55
Passenger Service Charge - Intl (RA) EUR 19.88
Total EUR 109.64

As you can see we pay the same mount, the airline decide for the price and will match it, with different names, it can be YQ or YQ + YR at the end of the day we pay the same amount
And if you call again then you might get a different price altogether.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 5:53 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Can we please change the title of the thread? Every time I see it I look forward to reading it just to be reminded that LH did not reduce YQ.
Old May 5, 2009, 7:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH reduces YQ to/from TLV from intercont to europe levels:

3/339: 05.05.09 Kerosinzuschläge nach Tel Aviv abgesenkt

Bitte beachten Sie, dass vor kurzem für Flüge nach Tel Aviv (TLV) die YQ-Zuschläge von 90€ pro Segment auf 29€ pro Segment abgesenkt wurden.

Für die Direktstrecken München - Tel Aviv und Frankfurt - Tel Aviv reduzieren sich die YQ-Zuschläge für einen Hin- und Rückflug um insgesamt 122€ auf somit 58€.

Bei Rückfragen wenden Sie sich bitte an die Ihnen bekannten Ansprechpartner.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 5:45 pm

LH to increase fuel surcharge

According to Serbian press (http://www.blic.rs/ekonomija.php?id=98834 - translated: http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0= ) Lufthansa is increase the fuel surcharge from 21 EUR to 24 EUR on both domestic as well as intl. flights as of July 2. The article explains that this is due to increase fuel costs that LH is facing - oil prices have increased by more than 50% since December 2008.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 3:36 am

FRANKFURT (Dow Jones)--German airline carrier Deutsche Lufthansa AG (LHA.XE) said Wednesday it will raise fuel surcharges on domestic and European flights, and stagger surcharges for long-haul flights in response to higher crude oil prices.

Prices of crude oil have risen by more than 50% since Dec. 2009, resulting in higher fuel procurement costs for Lufthansa. In response to this development in recent months, the airline is therefore slightly increasing its fuel surcharge on domestic German and European flights by three euros to 24 euros per flight leg. In future, all fares to destinations in Israel, Lebanon, Jordan and North Africa will be calculated inclusive of the fuel surcharge for European flights. This will significantly reduce fares for flights to some of the above-mentioned countries, as previously the long-haul surcharge applied for these flights.

On long-haul routes, the current uniform fuel surcharge of 82 euros will be staggered according to zone. Three separate zones will apply for flights to: - long-haul destinations in the Middle East, East Africa (in future 77 euros) - long-haul destinations in North America and India (unchanged, 82 euros) - long-haul destinations in South America, Central-, West- and Southern Africa, Southeast Asia and the Far East (in future 92 euros).

The new adjusted surcharges will apply to all tickets issued on or after Jul.02, 2009. All the fares that Lufthansa offers or advertises already include the fuel surcharge. Lufthansa continually monitors oil prices and will make any future adjustments to the fuel surcharge dependent on further trends in the price of jet fuel.

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...24-705986.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.