LH increases[/reduces] fuel surcharge

Old Oct 6, 2004, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
LH increases fuel surcharge

Germany's Lufthansa Boosts Fuel Surcharge

Germany's Lufthansa said Wednesday it will increase its fuel surcharge on passenger flights starting Oct. 15 in response to rising oil prices.

Lufthansa first imposed surcharges in August. Starting next week, it will impose a euro7 (US$8.63) charge per leg on domestic and European flights, up from euro2 (US$2.46) at present.

On long-haul flights, the surcharge will rise to euro17 (US$20.95) per leg from euro7 (US$8.63).

Lufthansa said it had to act after the price of crude oil climbed above US$50 a barrel in recent days.

"The price of crude oil has thus almost doubled in comparison to last year and has compelled the company to respond," it said in a statement.

The increased surcharges will remain in force until the crude oil price on spot markets falls below US$40 per barrel on 30 successive days, Lufthansa said.

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/...ap1578489.html
Old Oct 8, 2004, 5:07 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by attorney28
Germany's Lufthansa Boosts Fuel Surcharge

Germany's Lufthansa said Wednesday it will increase its fuel surcharge on passenger flights starting Oct. 15 in response to rising oil prices.

Lufthansa first imposed surcharges in August. Starting next week, it will impose a euro7 (US$8.63) charge per leg on domestic and European flights, up from euro2 (US$2.46) at present.

On long-haul flights, the surcharge will rise to euro17 (US$20.95) per leg from euro7 (US$8.63).

Lufthansa said it had to act after the price of crude oil climbed above US$50 a barrel in recent days.

"The price of crude oil has thus almost doubled in comparison to last year and has compelled the company to respond," it said in a statement.

The increased surcharges will remain in force until the crude oil price on spot markets falls below US$40 per barrel on 30 successive days, Lufthansa said.

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/...ap1578489.html
That´s why the taxes/fees for awardtickets also went up, and will go up again!
I got F award CGN-FRA-BKK-HKT-BKK-FRA-CGN in FEB04 for traveling DEC04 and paid only 34 Euro.
And last Monday I got exactly the same ticket for traveling next week and had to pay 93 Euro + 10 for papertix = 103 Euro !!!!
Old Oct 9, 2004, 4:00 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Angry

Also paid 123 Euro just in taxes and fees for a ticket I booked last week. Ridiculous. LH will charge us poor suckers more and more in the future. I dislike their strategy, at least they should be honest and not come up with hundreds of different surcharges fooling the customers that airfares of course remained the same. I suggest them

to raise ticket prices by 5% or 10% and be honest about their new pricing.

Hidden and all other surcharges SUCK! This is more like having the attitude that the customer won't recognize it.
Old Oct 9, 2004, 7:14 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Talking

Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
Also paid 123 Euro just in taxes and fees for a ticket I booked last week. Ridiculous. LH will charge us poor suckers more and more in the future. I dislike their strategy, at least they should be honest and not come up with hundreds of different surcharges fooling the customers that airfares of course remained the same. I suggest them

to raise ticket prices by 5% or 10% and be honest about their new pricing.

Hidden and all other surcharges SUCK! This is more like having the attitude that the customer won't recognize it.
Lets see what´s the next ? here some ideas

1.) gasoline surcharge 20 USD per segment
2.) Ticketing fee 40 USD per ticket
3.) Paperticketfee 12 USD per ticket
4.) Flying against strong wind surcharge 15 USD/per h.
5.) using restroom more than once fee 5 USD per flight
6.) after next "VERDI Streik" pilots-earn-more fee
etc..... They have more phantasy to find aditional charges!
And don´t forget : The price increased already 2 month ago by 9 % !!!! LH pays no commission to TA´s since then! But the fares still the same ! And the TA´s collect more or less the ticketing fee now !
Old Oct 10, 2004, 7:25 am

Programs: LH,NWA,
Fees for your "safety"

[QUOTE=flamboyant 1]Also paid 123 Euro just in taxes and fees for a ticket I booked last week. Ridiculous. LH will charge us poor suckers more and more in the future.

If you fly to the US,most of these "tax" goes to the TSA , in other words :You have to pay for them harrassing you ...
btw did you think the fingerprinting,photographing and storing of all these data is free of charge?
LH does´t keep very much of these fees.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 7:53 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
It was not a flight to the U.S. !!!
Old Oct 10, 2004, 6:02 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
I already had a chance to vent my anger in the *Alliance forum a while ago

But really, I would love to know whether there is nobody overseeing these sort of airline behaviour as it clearly is not customer friendly. Any kind of watchdog out there where complaints are taken seriously???

I really think it's about time to stop the airlines from surcharging. As I said in the thread above, EVERYTHING should be part of the ticket price (except for the taxes maybe, they can vary by route and e.g. RTW ticket tax can vary quite significantly). After all, all other surcharges make up the price of your ticket and it clearly should be part of the ticket price determined solely by origin and destination (security cost, fuel cost, sector charges, meal cost, ground handling, wages, plane maintenance etc). I'm serious, if iron prices rise, will they impose a "Maintenance tool surcharge" as all the equipment to service the plane will become more expensive? I'm sorry, I think the line is already crossed too far already.

I mean, will they ever take away security surcharges? I don't think so. They are here to stay...so, make them part of the ticket price. Same with all the other surcharges. Make them part of the ticket price, otherwise those "free tickets" end up costing more and more money and this is just another way to devaluate our points.

I think this should be a topic for Milesbuzz. What do you think. Is there really nothing we can do? Can the airlines decide what they want to charge us on top of the ticket price?
Old Apr 26, 2006, 4:27 am

LH increases Fuel Surcharge again

As of 05.05.2006 the fuel surcharge will be:

for german domestic and intra european LH flights: 12 EUR/USD per segment (until 25.09.2005: 9 EUR/USD)
for intercontinental LH flights: 62 EUR/USD per segment (until 05.05.2006: 52 EUR/USD)
Old Apr 26, 2006, 4:31 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Originally Posted by buckel2
As of 05.05.2006 the fuel surcharge will be:

for german domestic and intra european LH flights: 12 EUR/USD per segment (until 25.09.2005: 9 EUR/USD)
for intercontinental LH flights: 62 EUR/USD per segment (until 05.05.2006: 52 EUR/USD)
From another point of view:
Deutsche Lufthansa AG said it will raise its fuel surcharge for
long-haul flights by EUR10 to EUR62 per flight leg on May 5 due to record oil
prices. The surcharge on domestic and pan-European flights will remain
unchanged at EUR12 per flight leg.
Thanks to its forward-looking fuel-hedging policy and its modern, fuel-efficient
fleet, Lufthansa is in a relatively good position. However, the steadily increasing price of oil is continuing to exert pressure on the airline's expenditure. Lufthansa continuously monitors oil prices and will apply the latest surcharge until the price of aircraft fuel on the spot markets has once again stabilised. In our view, the increasing oil price weighs on Lufthansa’s
margins despite its hedging strategy. Including hedges, Lufthansa expects an
increase in fuel costs to about EUR3.7bn (EUR2.6bn in 2005) in case of an oil
price at current levels (on average for the full year 2006). We reiterate our price target of EUR15.0 and maintain our Hold recommendation.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:58 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Thumbs down fuel surcharge increase by 10€

i just got a newsletter which infomed me that LH will increase the fuel surcharge for intercontinental segments from 52€ to 62€. the new price is valid for all tickets sold from july 20th.

fuel surcharge for innergerman / innereuropean segments will not be increased.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 12:53 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
i just got a newsletter which infomed me that LH will increase the fuel surcharge for intercontinental segments from 52€ to 62€. the new price is valid for all tickets sold from july 20th.

fuel surcharge for innergerman / innereuropean segments will not be increased.
Thanks for the info !! I will issue tomorrow some tickets immediately.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Thank you for letting us know. That`s not nice. What about in 2 years? We pay €100 at least?? That just adds to my wonderings here:
Unfortunately I have never seen them to lower surcharges at all, when oil prices lower...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713169

Last edited by SwissCircle; Jul 18, 2007 at 1:01 pm
Old Jul 18, 2007, 1:16 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
actually LH lowered the fuel surcharge last autumn from 62€ to 52€ ...
Old Jul 18, 2007, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Apologies, apologies.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 1:38 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Also OS will increase the fuel surcharge by 10 EUR for all intercontinental tickets sold from july 20th 2007.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.