Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

HON "enhancements" getting closer [HON bonus reduced from 50% to 25%] [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HON "enhancements" getting closer [HON bonus reduced from 50% to 25%] [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2007, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by CBBG
Are there any news about the reintroduction of upgrade vouchers every 50k Status miles?
My impression: no there will be nothing like that.

Received today the official letter, that the executive bonus for Hons will be reduced to 25% "in order to ensure the requirements for best possible exclusivity and quality" (just my own bad translation).

At least the letter didn't mention any other changes.

Cheers

Talenti
Old Oct 18, 2007, 4:09 pm

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by talenti
Received today the official letter, that the executive bonus for Hons will be reduced to 25% "in order to ensure the requirements for best possible exclusivity and quality" (just my own bad translation).
Have received the same letter, my wife told me about it (the letter is in STR and I'm currently in LHR).
Old Oct 18, 2007, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
As I am far away from home: Is LH just bashing and punishing their HONs by reducing the exec bonus in general (award and status) or do they just reduce the bonus regarding status miles? Are there any real enhancements for compensation?
Salve Luigi
Old Oct 19, 2007, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by SenAOI
As I am far away from home: Is LH just bashing and punishing their HONs by reducing the exec bonus in general (award and status) or do they just reduce the bonus regarding status miles? Are there any real enhancements for compensation?
Salve Luigi

Likewise - being away from home = letter.

The real enhancement compensation - reduction of club members for that really exclusive feeling

Cheers

Thomas
Old Oct 19, 2007, 1:53 am
hch

As I am far away from home
I'm at home currently and didn't get the letter yet either Maybe the new enhancement is just for German HONs (unlikely, but who knows..)
Old Oct 19, 2007, 2:31 am

Salve Luigi
The letter just talks about reducing the exec bonus as adjusting the requirements for keeping the status to those for reaching the status without any differentiation or additinal info.

As we all know they want to get rid of part of the members.

Talenti
Old Oct 19, 2007, 2:40 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by talenti
As we all know they want to get rid of part of the members.
To be honest, I don't think that will really happen. If you read this forum, you see a lot of people saying that they collect 600k and then move on to another FPP for the remainder of the year. So now they have to fly a bit more to get 600k before they move on to the next one. Of course, some people will be pissed and leave, but the majority will give more business to LH...
Old Oct 19, 2007, 3:00 am

Programs: If I don´t have it, I don´t need it!
Originally Posted by alfahund
To be honest, I don't think that will really happen. If you read this forum, you see a lot of people saying that they collect 600k and then move on to another FPP for the remainder of the year. So now they have to fly a bit more to get 600k before they move on to the next one. Of course, some people will be pissed and leave, but the majority will give more business to LH...
They just have to fly the same as they did as SEN to reach HON.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 3:57 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
To be honest, I don't think that will really happen. If you read this forum, you see a lot of people saying that they collect 600k and then move on to another FPP for the remainder of the year.
This might be true for the majority of HONs in this board (not for me), but not for the majority of HONs overall.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
This might be true for the majority of HONs in this board (not for me), but not for the majority of HONs overall.
I totally agree. I as well don't p... off to another program after reaching the 600.000 miles. But I spent some miles of my millions to reach my targets after requalificaton. From now I have to spent some more money to LH. That's not a real problem. And that's maybe what LH wants us to do.
Salve Luigi
Old Oct 19, 2007, 4:50 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
I totally agree. I as well don't p... off to another program after reaching the 600.000 miles. But I spent some miles of my millions to reach my targets after requalificaton. From now I have to spent some more money to LH. That's not a real problem. And that's maybe what LH wants us to do.
Salve Luigi
Yeah, it gets even more difficult to spend all those collected miles (and eVouchers). Not to forget PPB miles, for those who participate that program as well. Maybe at some day we HONs will be happy with all the Worldshop offers.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 5:17 am
hch

Yeah, it gets even more difficult to spend all those collected miles (and eVouchers). Not to forget PPB miles, for those who participate that program as well. Maybe at some day we HONs will be happy with all the Worldshop offers.
I definitively could use more miles for some Y to C upgrades and at least some award travel. Then again I'm probably rather atypical as I do a lot of travel on Y fares and prefer to at least have the night flights in C.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 8:38 am

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Yeah, it gets even more difficult to spend all those collected miles (and eVouchers).
Wow, now I finally see the enhancement for us HONs. As the exec bonus is reduced we will collect less miles and therefore spend less time on thinking how to spend all those miles and therefore we will have more time with our families. Isnt that kind of LH?
Old Oct 19, 2007, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
So, thanks to this latest enhancement, most HONs will have less time and opportunity to spend their miles on F awards?

I'm OK with that. @:-)
More award space for TRMM.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 11:47 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
That is what I mentioned before. Probably LH underestimated the amount of business that otherwise went to O/W or S/T. Certainly their SEN stats did not see those miles and the sample size from their surveys might have been limited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.