Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 6:09 am

Programs: LH
Unhappy Availibility

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
BSL - LCY this weekend in C - CHF 199 (EUR 126) 4000/5000 miles, 0,025 eur/mile Not bad at all. if you happen to be in/near BSL.

The offer is for flight Fri-Mon, so you can do it 4 times with no sweat.
I was told no availibility on that route.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 4:30 pm

Programs: LH Sen, SPG Platinium, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by chumbawumba
I was told no availibility on that route.
I tried to book it on Wednesday around 13.00 and there were no availability for all days as well.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 12:20 am

Programs: LH SEN, ICH, SPG, HH
Even at 8.05h there was no availability. Appears like an April Fool´s joke.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 7:02 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by hein_b
Even at 8.05h there was no availability. Appears like an April Fool´s joke.
I'm not really surprised that there is no availability.....

Does anybody know what's going in BSL since yesterday?
The world's leading Watch and Jewellery Show: http://www.baselworld.com/
All hotels are completely sold out, despite the high prices. People even stay in Olten, Zurich, etc. and take the train every day to go to BSL.....

Therefore, I was more than surprised that there is a (pseudo) LX offer this weekend.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 3:15 pm

Programs: LH Sen, SPG Platinium, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Hennessy
I'm not really surprised that there is no availability.....

Does anybody know what's going in BSL since yesterday?
The world's leading Watch and Jewellery Show: http://www.baselworld.com/
All hotels are completely sold out, despite the high prices. People even stay in Olten, Zurich, etc. and take the train every day to go to BSL.....

Therefore, I was more than surprised that there is a (pseudo) LX offer this weekend.
I knew it, because I should be there today

But I'm sure that LX should check the availability before. I guess something went wrong between marketing and sales
Old Apr 7, 2008, 1:17 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by Bembel-Terrorist
I knew it, because I should be there today
And I went to FRA yesterday for http://light-building.messefrankfurt...t/en/home.html

BSL-FRA in F
in F
Yes in F by DB with Superspartarif for 80 Euros/Pax including visit to DB lounge.

Originally Posted by Bembel-Terrorist
But I'm sure that LX should check the availability before. I guess something went wrong between marketing and sales
LX IT?
LX IT <> LH IT, but we've still not figured out, which one is worse
Old Apr 10, 2008, 4:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Found this gem today:

DTT-LON SAT-28JUN08 LH
TAXES/FEES NOT INCLUDED
ADULT FARES
CX FARE FARE C AP MIN/ SEASONS...... MR GI DT
USD BASIS MAX
10 LH 2266.00R ZRSN50E Z 50| 7/30 R AT
I presume the base fare is lower because of the UK APD, but even then it prices out to base+540$ tax which is around 2800$. Cheapest LH business TATL fare I have yet to see... now how to get around the APD and price the taxes to the usual ~350$?

Fare (A1): LH DTTLON ZRSN50E fare (rules) $1133.00
Fare (A2): LH LONDTT ZRSN50E fare (rules) $1133.00
Tax: US September 11th Security Fee $2.50
Tax: US International Departure Tax $15.40
Tax: US Passenger Facility Charge $4.50
Tax: United Kingdom Passenger Service Charge £19.70
Tax: United Kingdom Air Passengers Duty £80.00
Tax: US International Arrival Tax $15.40
Tax: German Passenger Service Charge €23.46
Tax: German Airport Security Tax €13.22
Tax: US Customs Fee $5.50
Tax: US Immigration Fee $7.00
Tax: USDA APHIS Fee $5.00
Tax: LH YQ surcharge $220.00
Total for 1 adult passenger: $2797.20

DTT LH X/FRA LH LON 1133.00ZRSN50E LH X/FRA LH DTT 1133.00ZRSN50E NUC 2266.00 END ROE 1.00 FARE USD 2266.00 XT 5.50YC 7.00XY 5.00XA 30.80US 2.50AY 20.80DE 36.80RA 159.10GB 39.20UB 220.00YQ 4.50XF DTW4.50

Last edited by oliver2002; Apr 10, 2008 at 5:03 am
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:21 pm

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Achieving HON as quickly as possible

I'm not too familiar with the LH program but have signed up as I now will be living in Switzerland most of the year. I think having HON status will help me at GVA/ZRH when I am flying out of there. My question is, how much do I have to fly to achieve it? 600,000 miles seems like an awful lot of miles. On SQ/UA I truly fly 250,000 miles a year in F and C but it seems like that wouldn't even be able to touch HON.

Can someone explain to me the best way or least painful way to get HON. Also does MM comp status? I have Gold Status with Skyteam carriers.

SQPPS
Old Aug 22, 2008, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by SQPPS
I'm not too familiar with the LH program but have signed up as I now will be living in Switzerland most of the year. I think having HON status will help me at GVA/ZRH when I am flying out of there. My question is, how much do I have to fly to achieve it? 600,000 miles seems like an awful lot of miles. On SQ/UA I truly fly 250,000 miles a year in F and C but it seems like that wouldn't even be able to touch HON.

Can someone explain to me the best way or least painful way to get HON. Also does MM comp status? I have Gold Status with Skyteam carriers.

SQPPS
Well, if you fly LH F, you get 300% of actual miles flown, so I would think that this is no problem, if you compare to SQ/UA, who give 150%...

Also, 600k is for a 2 year period, which means 300k per year - easily achievable with your travel - but you have to keep it on LH/LX/integrated partners metal, and *not* with SQ...SQ miles only count for SEN status. (as I recall - you can check the LH website at M&M for more details)

PS: You are in *perfect* position to take advantage of the LX weekend biz offers to locations within Europe - where you can enjoy visiting other cities of interest and history...I used to do this, but this was when LX was Swissair - what a wonderful airline at that time as well! (even in Y)
Old Aug 22, 2008, 11:58 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC

SQPPS
600000 miles no matter what. They will not let you get away with less. I guess you know that basically just flights on fully integrated M&M airlines like LH, LX, OS and LO count towards your HON status. Once you are FTL, you will get 25% bonus miles.

Least painful? Lots of flights in C and F.

The questions is: why do you believe you need HON status? If you don't fly that much, why bother to run for it? I'd understand if you are close but to start from scratch just to make HON seems not like making any sense unless you are really bored and have way too much money to spend for a shiny card in your wallet. How about starting with SEN?

Book some flights in longhaul C and/or F along with a letter showing your status with an Skyteam airline. LH might eventually match your status to something. I am pretty sure they ever matched anybody to HON though
Old Aug 23, 2008, 12:11 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
LH might eventually match your status to something. I am pretty sure they ever matched anybody to HON though
I think that even if you put forward your SQ flight history, combined with your SkyTeam, they might surely consider SEN status...

(I think that *showing* flights, even if on *A (include UA as well?), might work to strengthen your case!)
Old Aug 23, 2008, 12:44 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I think that even if you put forward your SQ flight history, combined with your SkyTeam, they might surely consider SEN status...

(I think that *showing* flights, even if on *A (include UA as well?), might work to strengthen your case!)
In most countries, LH does not match status at all unless you have a really good account representative.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 1:00 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold

SQPPS
I doubt that LH will match your status, especially from other *A carriers.

250k BIS miles per year is definitely enough if you are able to put this business on LH,LX,OS metal. Mind you: you only need 100k BIS miles per year in paid F to become HON (even less if you also fly some short hops with minimum miles). With 250k BIS miles in F all flown on LH,LX etc. you can easily make it to HON in less than a year.

Cheers
totti
Old Aug 23, 2008, 7:20 pm

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Originally Posted by totti
I doubt that LH will match your status, especially from other *A carriers.

250k BIS miles per year is definitely enough if you are able to put this business on LH,LX,OS metal. Mind you: you only need 100k BIS miles per year in paid F to become HON (even less if you also fly some short hops with minimum miles). With 250k BIS miles in F all flown on LH,LX etc. you can easily make it to HON in less than a year.

Cheers
totti
Totti-
Thanks for the info. to answer the other posters, I think I need HON because I will be flying now primarily LX and LH living in Switzerland. Since they offer great ground services, I would like to have this status. No need for a shiny card but certainly am interested in shifting some of my business over from sq and ey. LX F is fine for me and I don't mind to lose my UA 1K status.

Also, SEN will be easy for me to achieve but I think there is no real benefit for SEN.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 10:18 pm

I think I need HON...
now thats a a statement!

if you fly mainly LX/LH F there is no real benefit being HON. it really is great in C and Y though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.