Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ongoing problems with OS(VO) Bombardier DASH 8/400

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2007, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Seems the transition of landing gear supplier from Messier-Dowty (found on all DH8s except the -400) to Goodrich didn't go too well.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=745035

Done only 45 DH8 flights, all gone smoothly but none on -400s.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 2:34 pm
hch

Originally Posted by szg
Today I had a meeting with on OS Sales Manager and he told me, that on the route SZG-FRA the Dash8-400 will be back with beginning of the 1st December 2007. They need the Fokker 70 at VIE !! Bad news !!
Old news. But I actually prefer the Dash8 over the Fokker, so I wouldn't mind.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 2:36 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by hch
Old news. But I actually prefer the Dash8 over the Fokker, so I wouldn't mind.
We had a lot of problems (cancellation) years ago with the Dash8-400 flights from SZG-FRA and we started our flights from MUC. OS has nothing learned !!
Old Oct 18, 2007, 4:17 pm
hch

Originally Posted by szg
We had a lot of problems (cancellation) years ago with the Dash8-400 flights from SZG-FRA and we started our flights from MUC. OS has nothing learned !!
So far I had one canceled fllight on a Dash8-400, and one one a Fokker 100, but I fly on the Dash 8-400 about 10 times as much..
Old Oct 18, 2007, 4:43 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by hch
So far I had one canceled fllight on a Dash8-400, and one one a Fokker 100, but I fly on the Dash 8-400 about 10 times as much..
You have more luck than I. When we had a lot of problems with the Dash8-400, I missed about 10 intercontinental flights at FRA !!!

Just on Monday they changed the Dash8-400 (went technical) to a Dash8-300 on my VIE-SZG flight!! OS has still a lot of problems with this aircraft.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:01 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Will be interesting to see how OS and LH will react to the ongoing problems with the SAS Dash today...
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:10 pm

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Will be interesting to see how OS and LH will react to the ongoing problems with the SAS Dash today...
Will be also interesting to see their reaction to the withdrawal of the operation license for all SK Q400s by the Scandinavian aviation authority. I gather this means the authority deems these planes unsafe to fly?

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...=746709&page=2
Old Oct 28, 2007, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by krzysz
Will be also interesting to see their reaction to the withdrawal of the operation license for all SK Q400s by the Scandinavian aviation authority. I gather this means the authority deems these planes unsafe to fly?

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...=746709&page=2
Hey neighbours in the M&M forum.
Yes indeed you may want to follow the thread ongoing in the SK forum: http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=746709. Rather relevant for those planning on flying other carriers using Dash-8 Q400 as the only region having reacted to this seems to be Scandinavia. Nothing on the Augsburg airways site on this, and Bombardier does not yet recommend grounding www.bombardier.com ??
Old Oct 28, 2007, 8:23 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Today, not a single Augsburg-Airways flight with a Dash8-400 (DH8D) was cancelled at MUC yet. Also Tyrolean seems to fly regularely with these birds.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by rorschi
Today, not a single Augsburg-Airways flight with a Dash8-400 (DH8D) was cancelled at MUC yet. Also Tyrolean seems to fly regularely with these birds.
FYI: This just in:
SAS just announced from a live press conference in stockholm that all DASH8-Q400 are now permanently retired from the SAS fleet. They can not live with the damage to their image and corporate brand as a safe airline by keeping these AC in their fleet. So 27 AC up for sale - any takers?
Anyway a wise decision in my opinion.^
Old Oct 28, 2007, 8:34 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by GreatDane
SAS just announced from a live press conference in stockholm that all DASH8-Q400 are now permanently retired from the SAS fleet.
Here is the press release:

http://se.yhp.waymaker.net/sasgroup/....asp?id=155746

unbelievable...
Old Oct 28, 2007, 8:46 am

Here is the press release:

http://se.yhp.waymaker.net/sasgroup/....asp?id=155746

unbelievable...
I wonder how Augsburg Air (and ultimately LH) is going to tackle this one?
Initially they have apparantly decided it doesn't concern them and keep on as if nothing has happened.

Quote from Fr. Bernadette Rampl: "We are in continued contact with Bombardier,'' Augsburg spokesman Bernadette Rampl said by telephone. ``We can't see any connection between the September incidents and the SAS incident and thus consider our planes as safe and continue flying.''
according to: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...oB8&refer=home
Old Oct 28, 2007, 9:14 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by GreatDane
SAS just announced from a live press conference in stockholm that all DASH8-Q400 are now permanently retired from the SAS fleet.
According to www.wideroe.no this also covers the few Q400s in the WF fleet.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 9:28 am
hch

Let's hope it stays that way, I've got a flight on a D8-400 next morning..
Old Oct 28, 2007, 9:53 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
unbelievable...
Why? There were serious concerns about this aircraft type even before the landing gear incidents. Do a search in the SK forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.