Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your M&M award booking experience

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by vantage03

My understanding is they can split them off the booking and recalculate the regular amount of miles.
+ 1 ^
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
- Which route/airline did you book and which class?
CGN - FRA - ZRH - JNB CPT - MUC - CGN
All on Swiss / Lufthansa.
First Class for long haul flights.

- How many pax and how many award miles?
2 Pax, approximately 280k miles and ~€900 in taxes

- How many days/weeks/months did you book in advance?
For the inbound flight, about 11 months, for the outbound 9 months.

- Have you been able to book your preferred dates of travel?
Not exactly, the inbound flights I managed to find availability quite easy but the outbound was tough, departing 2 days earlier than planned but no big deal.

- Were you happy with the award booking procedure (e.g. online/by phone)? How often did you have to check/call until you got the seats?
To be honest, booking the inbound was easy, all done online as it was booked with LH. The outbound was a nightmare, I must've called maybe...15 times over the past 3 months checking for LX availability. Yesterday they finally had availability on LX but twice the phone got disconnected mid way through. I had to battle with the agents a bit as some said there wasn't availability but I just had to walk them through the exact flights and numbers.

Overall I am happy with the flights but booking LX F flights is far too onerous and unnecessary.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
CPT-MUC on LH A359 has F class?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SK AAR
CPT-MUC on LH A359 has F class?
its an a340 in November etc
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I see. So apparently LH switched back to A346 for CPT. In Dec last year it changed from A346 to A359.

I don't want to cause any concerns, but I would consider an equipment change to A359 to be an imminent risk for your CPT-MUC leg.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
I see. So apparently LH switched back to A346 for CPT. In Dec last year it changed from A346 to A359.

I don't want to cause any concerns, but I would consider an equipment change to A359 to be an imminent risk for your CPT-MUC leg.
thanks for the heads up. It is not the end of the world either way.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
From O to I downgrade is 1000 EUR if I'm correct?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by The Wolf
From O to I downgrade is 1000 EUR if I'm correct?
i would accept that 😬.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: LH/G,KL/G,ABBA!
LX ZRH-DXB from Y to J, applied few weeks ago, approved yesterday (T-6 days). cost :- 2 upgrade vouchers
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
MUC-EWR//IAD-MUC
1 Adult (52500) + 2CHD (78750 each) + 3x536.73€ surcharges
180 days
Yes
- Were you happy with the award booking procedure (e.g. online/by phone)? How often did you have to check/call until you got the seats?
Checked online availability before booking my revenue ticket in P. Once my ticket was issued, only two award seats were available online, so I had to call in. The third seat cleared immediately when the agent requested it via the SEN waitlist request bot. One call of 18 minutes took care of everything. Strangely enough the call routed to YPQ in Canada even though I called the German number. The agent volonteered to book my wife as a companion as he linked my revenue booking to the award reservation. Didn't know this was possible, but not looking a gift horse in the mouth! ^
MichielR, mario_s, N1003U and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The agent volonteered to book my wife as a companion as he linked my revenue booking to the award reservation. Didn't know this was possible, but not looking a gift horse in the mouth! ^
This is interesting. Are they in the same PNR?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:12 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I started the conversation with "I have just booked this ticket and would like to take my family along on miles". In the reservation they added SSR elements in both bookings with the OSI TCG field reference showing the other PNR.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:15 am

EWR to MUC (LH)
MUC - DUS - EWR (LH, BRU Airlines)

1 passenger, Flex Business (I thought), 105k miles, ~$750 fees

4 months

Yes

To early to tell, and you may be able to help me.
I did everything online and thought things were good. I booked an award flight for my wife to join me on business trip. I never got a confirmation email which I thought was odd, but my miles were deducted and my CC was charged.
That was Saturday, and Monday I log into M&M and it says the award ticket was cancelled !!

I about soiled my pants. Called M&M and the service rep was very helpful and kept having to elevate the issue and place me on hold. It took 45 minutes. They said there is a glitch in the system that didn't let it go through. Now I got a confirmation email, but leg from DUS to EWR is Premium Economy!

So should awards labelled as Business Flex result in a PE seat on Brussells airlines? Did I miss some fine print somewhere?

At this point, I am just relieved that my wife has a ticket, but I am worried that if I don't call back soon, that we won't be able to get a business class seat for her. Any advice?
UPDATE - it turns out everything was OK. The original itinerary they sent to me was entirely in German. I interpreted "Klasse: Economy Best (P)" as a premium economy seat...I should have known better with the P that it would be business class. I called back the service line and they confirmed my wife is in business class and sent me an itinerary in English. This one clearly states "Class: BUSINESS (P)". All is well as of now.

Last edited by ToddSpam; Mar 19, 2019 at 1:45 pm
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: LX M&M
Which route/airline did you book and which class?
ZRH-ATH A3 C
ATH-FRA A3 C
FRA-HND NH F

How many pax and how many award miles?
1 pax. 105,000 miles and ~ CHF 230 in fees/taxes each

How many days/weeks/months did you book in advance?
7 month in advance

Have you been able to book your preferred dates of travel?
Yes

Were you happy with the award booking procedure (e.g. online/by phone)?
Yes

How often did you have to check/call until you got the seats?
checked it online a few times and had to call only once
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:00 pm

DPS-SIN-(NRT)-LAX SQ business
2 pax - 67,000 miles and 46.98€ surcharge+tax /person
11.5 months
There was only one date available... but it was what I was looking for.
Happy with the booking process. Checked for availability and went back to book the following day. Used two browsers to book at the same time, from two different accounts. It worked!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.