Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your M&M award booking experience

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: LH HON**
Which route/airline did you book and which class?
Upgraded LX ZRH-MIA from Business D to First

How many pax and how many award miles?
1 pax, 2 eVouchers

How many days/weeks/months did you book in advance?
Booked 8 weeks in advance and immediately called HON line but could not get waitlisted (flight selling F5). Called again on D-7 and got waitlisted (F2). Waitlist cleared on D-3

Have you been able to book your preferred dates of travel?
Not applicable since my base booking was a revenue ticket

Were you happy with the award booking procedure (e.g. online/by phone)?
Okay-ish given my low expectations. Not a very friendly agent first time calling who said there was absolutely nothing she could do; very friendly agent second time

How often did you have to check/call until you got the seats?
As per above. I didn’t bother calling between D-8 weeks and D-1 week as I assumed they wouldn’t do anything until a week before departure anyway
chris63 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
MUC BOM vv LH Business (I) and Premium Eco (R)
7 adults: 3 (R out / I in) 96k plus 489€ fees; 4 I both ways 112k plus 529€ fees minus 50% companion
​​​​​​How many days/weeks/months did you book in advance?
60-110 days
​​​​​​Have you been able to book your preferred dates of travel?
yes, amazed I got seats in the peak winter migration (US-India VFR)

​​​​​​Were you happy with the award booking procedure (e.g. online/by phone)?
All good.
1.Called German SEN line, 5 min wait, requested WL for PE/C and got the booking done for the outbound instantly (Z and E available). Inbound was more complex, couldn't get anything in PE or Y for the 3 travelling with us. After trying various things just tried if 7 (!) seats would be released under the SEN WL (Business was J9C9D9). To the agents and my amazement, the 7 seats (in the small ex PR A359 that only has 30 C seats) were given instantly. Put the reservation on hold to cross check with everyone. For some reason the system put my name in multiple times, everything had to be rebuild from scratch, leading to a total call time of 52 min.
2.. Called SEN line during my lunch break, 35 min on hold. Agent issued the tickets quickly and assigned seating in 18 mins.

​​​​​​How often did you have to check/call until you got the seats?
First call for the seats.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
YVR - FRA on LH in business
1 pax, 35k Aeroplan points and about 100 CAD
4 days
​​​​​​Have you been able to book your preferred dates of travel?
Yes
​​​​​​Were you happy with the award booking procedure (e.g. online/by phone)?
Yes, worked super easy but obviously not with M&M but Aeroplan
​​​​​​How often did you have to check/call until you got the seats?
3 days
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by totti
YVR - FRA on LH in business
1 pax, 35k Aeroplan points and about 100 CAD
Only 35k Aeroplan for a TATL in Biz??
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Only 35k Aeroplan for a TATL in Biz??
Yes, using a priority award. The standard would be 70k oneway. At least right now Aeroplan is handing priority awards out like candy. As my wife and I are both SE we have plenty of those…
Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
TG CGK-BKK-MUC in Biz

1 pax, 71k mls and something like 343 € tax and (atrocious) YQ

Booked online ~7 weeks in advance

Had to be somewhat flexible with dates and route (especially starting point). I was looking to start from SIN, but that is close to impossible in premium cabin unless you do say SIN-BKK in Eco which one cannot do online and I wasn't keen on hearing the LH M&M CC in Philippines telling me again that they don't see the same availability as LH M&M online (different POS). Hence, this was the one choice "morsel" of availability at an acceptable date that I could find for any Biz award between SE Asia and Europe. Starting in CGK fit into another trip so not terrible.

Manageable because I stayed online, but even online can be a pain.

I had been checking daily for over a week and went through many, many possible combos to try to establish where some pockets of Biz availability were. Overall it was bleak, so basically I searched across date ranges with start points in SE Asia (SIN, BKK, KUL, CGK) and arriving into various European destinations (FRA, MUC, VIE, AMS, ZRH) to find the booked flight.

One key learning, the calendar feature that shows when Biz is available for an entered city pair is nice, but entirely unreliable. It showed me flights as available on certain dates and when I searched that date there was nothing. Also why does LH M&M search have to throw one back to the start of the search screen when it finds no availability even forgetting the searched city pair, date, cabin etc.? Mightily annoying. Crappy in my book.

Even miserable LM site let's you browse through a searched city pair availability (or lack thereof) with one search only.

Last edited by demue; Sep 28, 2022 at 9:54 pm
Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:22 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
TK LEJ-IST-HKT in Biz

1 pax, 71k mls and something like 370ish € tax and (atrocious) YQ

Booked online ~8 weeks in advance

Same as reported above for my other booking, I had to be somewhat flexible with dates and route (in this case final arrival point). I was looking to have SIN as final destination, but got nothing as one itinerary. The best (closest) I could manage for now was getting to HKT (Phuket) on a soon restarting TK flight that had like one seat here or there available and I could start from my preferred airport of LEJ.

Hence, I secured this itinerary first and will keep monitoring for something better to come along. If nothing materializes, I'll just have to buy a one-way Eco HKT-SIN (e.g. on SQ). I had again attempted to call and ended up in PH CC as per usual and they could not see IST-HKT in C (only Y) and nothing on SQ (not even Eco) for HKT-SIN so I reverted to online again.

There may have been one or two options via TPE on BR from LHR or so, but I wasn't keen on paying for a 3-Region award and Taiwan hadn't yet announced that they are getting rid of the entry restrictions (due to COVID). To make a connection in TPE would have meant an overnight in TPE (and there is no transit hotel for now, so you need to enter the country or overnight in the lounge) as the TPE-SIN availability was sporadic as well at that point in time and didn't line up perfectly with the inbound to TPE.

Call was a bust, online was fine, just lots of research work and many, many repeated search entries due to the crappy LH M&M search function.

Again, I had been checking daily for about two weeks and went through many, many possible combos to try to establish where some pockets of Biz availability were. Overall it was equally bleak like SE Asia to Europe, so basically I searched across date ranges with varying start and end points to find the booked flight. Same observation that the calendar feature that shows when Biz is available for an entered city pair is nice, but entirely unreliable.

Last edited by demue; Sep 28, 2022 at 10:02 pm
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by kkong42
I expect, as per my recent experience, unable to make seat reservations with M+M, so you have to call TK to get their PNR and make seat reservations with them.
I had the same situation and you can call LH M&M to provide the TK PNR Ref, they do have it, just it doesn't show on the booking confirmation you receive. I did that for my LH M&M one-way Biz award where both flights are operated by TK and I was able to assign seats using the TK App (Android) for both Europe- IST and IST-SE Asia segments. Now I'm just hoping the TK aircraft roulette doesn't strike too badly and my Europe-IST flight remains on an a/c with the recliner Biz seat. Fingers crossed. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; Sep 28, 2022 at 10:00 pm
Old Sep 29, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: LH HON
DUS-ZRH-GVA-JFK, JFK-GVA-ZRH-DUS (return flight on day of dep. changed to JFK-MUC-DUS) in F

2 pax, 150% of M&M mileage, companion award

4 weeks
Yes.

Yes, LX core customer service was perfect by phone. On the direct flight ZRH-JFK was no availability in O, but yes via GVA. I tried several times to change to the ZRH direct flight, but not possible. On the day of the return flight I could change finally to JFK-MUC-DUS with only one connection.

How often did you have to check/call until you got the seats
Once.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:13 am
GIG

Eurowings Discover flight 4Y 312 form MUC to TFS oneway in C.

1 pax, 35.000 miles and 92,64 EUR

Booked 8 weeks in advance online on the webpage

Yes

Yes, the booking process was very smooth

Only once
Old Nov 24, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
LH GVA-MUC-BKK and LX BKK-ZRH-GVA in business (I).

4 pax, 142.000 miles x 3.5 (one companion award at 50%) and CHF 650 x4 (which is about 10% of the price for the flights today).

Booked about 10 weeks in advance.

Yes, checked for flights with revenue seats available and booked the flights and dates I wanted.

Yes, absolutely. Took two short calls to the HON line: First to book LH flights and waitlist LX flights, second call the next day when the waitlist cleared due to HON guarantee to confirm and process payment.

Twice.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by MichielR
Yes, absolutely. Took two short calls to the HON line: First to book LH flights and waitlist LX flights, second call the next day when the waitlist cleared due to HON guarantee to confirm and process payment.
Sounds like the way things should be. Great!
MichielR likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Sounds like the way things should be. Great!
It’s one HON benefit that still works….. shame it’s only for Y or J & not F
MichielR likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
LH/Eurowings Discover (4Y) STR-FRA-MLE-FRA-STR in C.

3 pax, 308.000 miles

Booked 48 weeks in advance online

Yes

Yes, online

One time
Vixit likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 8:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Waitlisted for O award SIN-FRA three months before departure (F7A0), waitlist was confirmed two weeks before departure (inventory changed to F6A4).

Didn't issue the ticket and opted to fly SQ instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.