Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich First Class Lounge [MUC FCL]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2007, 1:20 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by cpsri99
Thanks for everyone's response, I am connectting to Italy. From the sounds of it I will have to check out the lounge on my return flight on the 21st.
Since you have to go to the Schengen part anyway, I suggest you use the current First Class Lounge. It's situated just opposite the SEN lounge on the G level.

SmilingBoy.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 7:30 am

Programs: BA
Hi All,

Could somebody confirm where the new FCL will be at Munich? Perhaps in reference to this LH terminal map? Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2007, 8:50 am

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
Hi All,
Could somebody confirm where the new FCL will be at Munich?
After passing the security you have to turn left instead right. After ca. 20 meters you will see the new F-lounge. In G it will be rather small with two reception desks. After the welcome prcedure you can go up by lift or stairs.
There you will find everything (bathrooms, cigar-Lounge, working zone, dining tables .....) The customs and the limo-service will also be located in the new lounge. So no longer walk to G 27 or car-stopover at the immigration booth.
The only handicap will be if you board at the non-Schengen-fingers in G. Here you have to walk and to show your passport at the G-immigration.
Another handicap of the new lounge will be the missing of an own security lane for visitors of the F-lounge.
If the MUC airport administration really sells a VIP-card (to everyone) from October 2007 for EUR 1?? which allows using the F/C security-lane, the queues perhaps will get longer there.

Salve Luigi
Old Jul 13, 2007, 10:08 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by SenAOI
If the MUC airport administration really sells a VIP-card (to everyone) from October 2007 for EUR 1?? which allows using the F/C security-lane, the queues perhaps will get longer there.

Salve Luigi
wooot? Do you really mean 1 euro? Did they say so anywhere publicly?
Old Jul 13, 2007, 10:31 am

Programs: BA
After passing the security you have to turn left instead right. After ca. 20 meters you will see the new F-lounge. In G it will be rather small with two reception desks. After the welcome prcedure you can go up by lift or stairs.
There you will find everything (bathrooms, cigar-Lounge, working zone, dining tables .....) The customs and the limo-service will also be located in the new lounge. So no longer walk to G 27 or car-stopover at the immigration booth.
The only handicap will be if you board at the non-Schengen-fingers in G. Here you have to walk and to show your passport at the G-immigration.
Another handicap of the new lounge will be the missing of an own security lane for visitors of the F-lounge.

Salve Luigi
Thanks ^^
Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
wooot? Do you really mean 1 euro? Did they say so anywhere publicly?
You didn't look correctely. I've written EUR 1?? which means 1xx oder something more than hundred Euros. Nobody knows at that thime.
MUC apt will have two different versions of cards: one for free to collect points by buying in the apt-shops and the other for getting security-privileges.
Maybe MUC will organize special limo-services for those guys. Rolls Royce or Bentley would be fine. In this case I wouly buy one of those cards.
Salve Luigi
Old Jul 13, 2007, 2:32 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
You didn't look correctely. I've written EUR 1?? which means 1xx oder something more than hundred Euros. Nobody knows at that thime.
MUC apt will have two different versions of cards: one for free to collect points by buying in the apt-shops and the other for getting security-privileges.
Maybe MUC will organize special limo-services for those guys. Rolls Royce or Bentley would be fine. In this case I wouly buy one of those cards.
Salve Luigi

well, I just saw the question marks as question marks, not as placeholders
My fault. Now it of course makes more sense.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 3:32 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by cpsri99
I'm going to be in MUC flying in on F from the US on Aug. 7th but I only have 1.5 hours connection time to a intra europe flight. Is that enough time to check out the lounge?
No, since the lounge will officially not open until mid of August. On Aug 6th is only a pre-opening event.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 12:45 am

Once again as witten before:
The F-lounge will be open for F-pax and HONs from August 14th.
Salve Luigi
Old Jul 15, 2007, 11:28 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Guests ?

Do I read the long thread on access to FCT correctly that I can take a guest with me into the First Class LOUNGE (such as in Munich) who is on a different Star Alliance flight (in casu: Swiss) and is not flying First (in casu: Y) ?

My girlfriend and I will depart from MUC on different flights the same day (I fly in F to HKG, my girlfriend in Y to ZRH).
Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:46 pm

New Lounge

The lounge opening timing will be perfect for my upcoming flight in Sept. ^

Actually I just changed my flight from ex FRA to ex MUC by coincidence - before reading this thread. I will be sitting in 83A for my outbound and 2A for inbound (which I like better).
Old Jul 25, 2007, 7:37 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by FlyMan
The lounge opening timing will be perfect for my upcoming flight in Sept. ^

Actually I just changed my flight from ex FRA to ex MUC by coincidence - before reading this thread. I will be sitting in 83A for my outbound and 2A for inbound (which I like better).
You will definitely not sit in 83A out of MUC.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
You will definitely not sit in 83A out of MUC.
That's why he wrote INBOUND.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 7:54 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by flysurfer
That's why he wrote INBOUND.
And what about
Actually I just changed my flight from ex FRA to ex MUC by coincidence

ex MUC to me means to start the itinerary in MUC. Wrong?
Old Jul 25, 2007, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
And what about

ex MUC to me means to start the itinerary in MUC. Wrong?
well since he is located in manhattan beach, NY i would agree with TFM here. i guess he is flying something like JFK-FRA/MUC-JFK...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.