Munich First Class Lounge [MUC FCL]

Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Munich First Class Lounge [MUC FCL]

Just wondering, I've heard good and bad about the FC lounge in Munich. I've been to the FRA FC Ter and it's great. But Munich hadn't be that bad, can it?
Thanks for the information.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:49 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
The MUC FC lounge is very small, about 30 seats. No bathroom. You'll find an internet facility, very niece and friendly employees (personal assistants and people from LSG, servibg you). The interior style is the same as in FRA. The food is nice but not as different as in FRA. Baut the possibilities preparing and serving food are very limited. They have a very nice choice opf wines and champagne (Krug Grand Cuve this week).
If your plane has an remot position a new Mercedes S class or a Porsche Cayenne will bring you to the plane from G 27.
Have fun!
Salve Luigi
Old Jan 23, 2006, 1:03 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Ronrick,

Whilst I must say that the FCT as well as the FCL in Terminal A both merit a special stop (the one in B close to the central area I like less, the other one in B never been to), the MUC one is nothing special. Sure, it's nicer than standing around in the SEN lounge with plenty of people with square shoe tips, and the car service is very convenient - but that's about it.

For me, the real difference is made in FRA where you have a real sit-down dining area and the full bathroom facilities and more space all in all.

So, all in all, when I don't have a tarmac position, going straight to the gate and taking one of the free drinks and a newspaper there is actually just as good.

Happy landings!
Old Jan 23, 2006, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt
I believe I will have the pleasure of visiting the FCL in MUC next month...on a connection from FRA in C with an onward intercontinental flight in F if this has any bearing on the response. Three questions:

1) Is a full meal service provided in the FCL as I would prefer to eat a full dinner there than on-board in order to catch up on some much needed shut-eye.
2) Is there a smoking/cigar section in the MUC FCL? I would love to indulge in a stoggie prior to boarding my flight.
3) Does MUC have a similar car transfer policy ala FCT in FRA? Or will boarding simply commence from the designated gate?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Old Jan 24, 2006, 1:34 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by GolfTravelr
I believe I will have the pleasure of visiting the FCL in MUC next month...on a connection from FRA in C with an onward intercontinental flight in F if this has any bearing on the response. Three questions:

1) Is a full meal service provided in the FCL as I would prefer to eat a full dinner there than on-board in order to catch up on some much needed shut-eye.
2) Is there a smoking/cigar section in the MUC FCL? I would love to indulge in a stoggie prior to boarding my flight.
3) Does MUC have a similar car transfer policy ala FCT in FRA? Or will boarding simply commence from the designated gate?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
First of all, the FCL in MUC is in the Schengen area. So you will need some extra time to reach your departure gate.

Regarding your questions:

1) Well, there is a meal service. But not as good, as in FRA. They have only limited space to prepare something.
2) No
3) Only for non gated aircrafts. Your intercontinental flight will depart at a gate for sure. So there will be no limo service.

Last edited by SleepOverGreenland; Jan 24, 2006 at 3:01 am Reason: typos
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
After testing the MUC FCL two times, I came to the conclusion that I don't quite appreciate it personally. Yes, the staff is very polite, but the setting (quite small and cramped, no dining area I'd know of) and the concept (very limited buffet, formal waiter asking you what you want to eat/drink, then serving) doesn't fit IMHO. WLAN isn't free there, either, so I do actually prefer the H level SEN lounge for short stays and grabbing a snack before departure.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer
WLAN isn't free there, either, so I do actually prefer the H level SEN lounge for short stays and grabbing a snack before departure.
It's correct: no wireless LAN but you have unlimited LAN by wire.
And I like the very polite waiter-service.
Salve Luigi
Old Jan 25, 2006, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by SenAOI
It's correct: no wireless LAN but you have unlimited LAN by wire.
And I like the very polite waiter-service.
Salve Luigi
I completely agree. I just had my laptop in my hands, when a waitress asked me, if I would like to get a cable. I said I'm fine with WLAN and she said, WLAN is for charge, but a cable is for free. Of course I took the cable option and got it right away. Very nice, very friendly and very professional. ^
Old Jan 25, 2006, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
I completely agree. I just had my laptop in my hands, when a waitress asked me, if I would like to get a cable. I said I'm fine with WLAN and she said, WLAN is for charge, but a cable is for free. Of course I took the cable option and got it right away. Very nice, very friendly and very professional. ^
Nobody ever asked my if I wanted a cable. OK, so I could actually save EUR 3.95.

Now that changes everything.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 3:42 pm
Uli

LH MUC first class area might have disadvantages, but i like the faith of LH to open such a place in spite of having no space for restrooms, bigger kitchen, etc.
This is area is the absolute best you can get out of this limited space. Consider LH is building an entire new F facility in MUC, and just uses the area as a temp service.

The lounges makes up for all its little disadvantages by offereing the best wine selection in any airline lounge in the world. In this regards, it really beats everything, including FRA first class terminal, all SQ, CX F lounges and so on. Bordeaux first growths from Magnum bottles, monthly changing premium champaign etc is really unmatched yet.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 3:09 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
The great wines are probably due to some competition of LSG Sky Chefs with Do&Co who do the catering to the FRA LH F Lounges/Terminal.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 10:14 pm

Munich FCT

I thought I heard that LH was constructing a new FCT in Munich like the one in FRA. I can't seem to find any information on when this will open. Anyone heard about it?
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by cpsri99
I thought I heard that LH was constructing a new FCT in Munich like the one in FRA. I can't seem to find any information on when this will open. Anyone heard about it?
As I've written in the thread "LH's Lounge Paradise" there will be no FCT in MUC. LH is creating a ca. 800 sqm FCL right now which will open at the end of August. The entrance will be far left at the MUC Terminal 2-security checks just for F-pax or HONs. The lounge will spread across two floors (Schengen and non Schengen), will include all security- and passport- procudures like the FRA FCT. And the driver will pick you up directely in the FCL if the aircraft is on the apron. The MUC FCL will offer you bath and shower facilities like the FRA FCT and FCL. The only thing which is open at the moment is the catering. LH made a casting a couple of weeks ago. Now they have to decide if the winner is Do&Co or LSG. I've heard that Ritz Carlton made an offer too. I personally would prefer LSG because the staff is really great ... much better than the FRA staff.
IMO in FRA the service quality has decreased since the opening in Nov 2004. When I've started my HON career at that time and I visited the FRA FCT the staff has tried to read your wishes from your eyes. Last time when I've been there and sat at the dining-table I asked for some noodles, the DO&Co girl told me: "We have a buffet. You can serve yourself Sir." This has happend twice during the last weeks. So I'm wondering ....
Salve Luigi
Old Mar 8, 2007, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This has happend twice during the last weeks. So I'm wondering ....
It's over, Luigi.
LH has just officially declared 2007 as "The Year of the Senator".
No kidding.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 1:58 am

(...)
IMO in FRA the service quality has decreased since the opening in Nov 2004. When I've started my HON career at that time and I visited the FRA FCT the staff has tried to read your wishes from your eyes. Last time when I've been there and sat at the dining-table I asked for some noodles, the DO&Co girl told me: "We have a buffet. You can serve yourself Sir." This has happend twice during the last weeks. So I'm wondering ....
Salve Luigi
Agree, made the same observations. But frankly, I've recognized many pax behaving that bad in the past against the staff in the FCT, that I'm not surprised. I try to be always very polite and friendly and verbally appreciate their servivces. Some of them already know me from many visits, so I usually get, what I want still.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.