Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich First Class Lounge [MUC FCL]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2007, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by cpsri99
only have 1.5 hours connection ... Is that enough time to check out the lounge?
U gotta be kiddin' me...
Old Jul 10, 2007, 4:24 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
I'm going to be in MUC flying in on F from the US on Aug. 7th but I only have 1.5 hours connection time to a intra europe flight. Is that enough time to check out the lounge?
To which country are you connecting?

SmilingBoy.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 4:26 pm

I'm going to be in MUC flying in on F from the US on Aug. 7th but I only have 1.5 hours connection time to a intra europe flight. Is that enough time to check out the lounge?
That should give you enough time for an enjoyable visit.

I arrive on Aug. 7th from Montreal with a 4 hour connection to BCN. I'll probably see you there! I will post a "LIVE" lounge report, you should try and do the same.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
Even in the very worst case, there should be 30-40 minutes to relax in the lounge.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 1:05 am

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 7290: BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Even in the very worst case, there should be 30-40 minutes to relax in the lounge.
Probably - however, I thought it would be good to advise the OP that if he is connecting to non-Schengen, he will have to go through passport control and security twice. In case of a delayed inbound, it might be preferrable to stick to the SEN lounge.

SmilingBoy.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Probably - however, I thought it would be good to advise the OP that if he is connecting to non-Schengen, he will have to go through passport control and security twice.
Why? Isn't the major perk of the new F lounge its OWN security and its OWN passport control?

And since the new F lounge extends into the H level, the OP would not need ANY passport control or ANY screening for a non-Schengen connection. Hence even MORE time to spend in the lounge.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 3:07 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Why? Isn't the major perk of the new F lounge its OWN security and its OWN passport control?
I missed this info previously, it means that a 1h20m xfer arriving from SFO enroute to VIE should be sufficient for a quick shower and a snack in the lounge, excellent! ^
Old Jul 11, 2007, 3:22 am

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 7290: BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

Probably - however, I thought it would be good to advise the OP that if he is connecting to non-Schengen, he will have to go through passport control and security twice.

And since the new F lounge extends into the H level, the OP would not need ANY passport control or ANY screening for a non-Schengen connection. Hence even MORE time to spend in the lounge.
You're right - I didn't look at the date and thought about the HONdehütte.

SmilingBoy.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 1:05 pm

Opening - 14th August

I am in the (old) lounge now, and they just told me that the new lounge won't open till 14th August. There is also a sign saying the same in the lounge. This date is 'guaranteed'.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by 2035
I am in the (old) lounge now, and they just told me that the new lounge won't open till 14th August. There is also a sign saying the same in the lounge. This date is 'guaranteed'.
Thanks for the info. Didn't notice or get told anything like that when I was in the lounge yesterday.

In any case: The housewarming party will be on August 6 - for which I got an invitation in paper form and a verbal confirmation yesterday.

Regards

Talenti
Old Jul 11, 2007, 4:16 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
What are the criteria to be invited to the housewarming? Only MUC-based HONs?

Not that I want to be there, and as a Switzerland-based HON (yes, little red flag on card, looks great!) I probably wouldn't be considered anyway. Just curious.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 2:09 am

You're right - I didn't look at the date and thought about the HONdehütte.
Originally Posted by 2035
I am in the (old) lounge now, and they just told me that the new lounge won't open till 14th August.
So, it matters after all which country cpsri99 is connecting to.

SmilingBoy.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, it matters after all which country cpsri99 is connecting to.
No, because there's no reason to visit the old HONdehütte, anyway.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 3:56 am

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
The official opening of the new F-lounge will be one week after the launching party.
Salve Luigi
Old Jul 12, 2007, 3:50 pm

Thanks for everyone's response, I am connectting to Italy. From the sounds of it I will have to check out the lounge on my return flight on the 21st.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.