Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich First Class Lounge [MUC FCL]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2007, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SMK77
Well, I actually called the FTL hotline...
When I called the FTL number, I got once connected to LH Private Jet...
Old Mar 13, 2007, 9:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by flysurfer
When I called the FTL number, I got once connected to LH Private Jet...
*mmh* strange... At least, the agent pointed out that it is a SEN privilege - maching my status right...
Old Mar 14, 2007, 2:05 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by tcswede
The lounge in MUC not being something special.... hmm - I guess we all have very different expectations. It is a tempory lounge for what it is worth - but IMHO a wide iprovement over most lounges available elsewhere. the bathroom situation is surely a pain - but the services offered in terms of F&B are surely a lot better than most places. Then again I do not go the lounge to expect a full multiple course dinner.

Cheers

Thomas
Fully agree with every bit of your statement... Nevertheless I once heard a funny nickname about this temporary area. Internally it is obviously called "HONdehütte" (like HONkennel - works better in german though)
Old Mar 14, 2007, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by SenAOI
The entrance will be far left at the MUC Terminal 2-security checks just for F-pax or HONs. ....
Salve Luigi
Luigi, last time in MUC had no time to look, next time I would be interested to see the future entrance of MUC FCL on G-level. Can you tell me where to find it? At what gate number will it approx. be? And more over you mention security checks in the lounge. Does it mean one could bypass the regular security checks meaning enter the MUC FCL directly from outside? Where would that entrance be?

Regards,

HONter
Old Mar 14, 2007, 2:21 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
The new lounge will be at about G 21. I don't know right now where the entrance will be. But as I've been told the security control will be inside the lounge like the FCT in FRA.
Salve Luigi
Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
The HONdehuette is indeed a joke ("Sorry, we don't have a restroom but you can only enter when flying in F..." or "We limit access to this lounge to our best and most valued customers only - but today there is no seat available for you, sir...") and is thought to be the reason why some people prefer to leave Germany from FRA when they are in F...

Looking forward to a real lounge because I prefer Airbus over Boing and 2A/2K over 83A... Plus MUC staff is thought to be more friendly and attentive...
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Looking forward to a real lounge because I prefer Airbus over Boing and 2A/2K over 83A... Plus MUC staff is thought to be more friendly and attentive...
Have to agree with all points made.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 1:54 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Btw, the call center agent did ask whether I am fluent in English and able to help in an emergency. Procedure-wise this should be okay...
Same to me. I was never asked by a call center agent.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 5:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwood,
Is "end of August" still the best estimate as to the new F lounge debuting?
Old Mar 23, 2007, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davethewave
Is "end of August" still the best estimate as to the new F lounge debuting?
Yep.
We just aren't sure about the year.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 3:30 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Yep.
And don´t forget the standard delay time !!
Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwood,
Doh!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 3, 2007, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Maybe a stupid question: are there any reclining/ rest chairs in the MUC F lounge? Even like those cool chairs in the FRA FCT. I am arriving from outside Schengen and have 2+ hours. So if I want to rest then the best thing to do is stay on the H level? There is no rest area in the busy G level SEN lounge.

Does this F lounge still have the extraordinary wines and champagnes as discussed in the 2005/6 part of this thread? Since I am continuing to ARN, which is always a bus gate, then I'll be certain to get the car, which is nice. Then it might be worth the visit vs. staying up in H........

Final question, is there any chance of being denied access at 11 amish on a Saturday because the lounge is too full?
Old Jul 3, 2007, 5:13 pm

Yep.
Just received a letter from LH HON service last week stating that MUC FCL will open in (late???) July 2007. So looking forward to this experience.

Should be comparable to FRA FCLs with two extra bens:
- Limo transfers for apron positions
- Switching between Schengen and non-Schengen within the lounge

Regards,

HONter
Old Jul 3, 2007, 5:23 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
gnaget, there is a relaxation room with flat chairs in the FTL/C lounge in G (schengen) if you can't find anything in the F lounge. And don't forget the F arrival day room in the Kempinski on the airport (OK 2h is a bit short):
http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...nodeid=1771224

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.