Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shocking Anti Semitic incident

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by craz
pretty much how I see it and yet Ive been on tons of flights with tons of those types of Jews and Nothing happened in any shape manner or form. I Dont know about you but if I saw alot of people dressed in Indian clothes on a flight not to/from India I would assume they were all together, thats why I dont have a problem if all these religious Jews were looked at the same way.Im not anti-Indian and Im not sure they were AS
Nope.
I spoke to several modern Orthodox Jews from Far Rockaway, several with their wives and children, and they too were banned for 24 hours despite no mask violations. For those that don't know, they dress the same as anyone else, other than the yarmulka on their head.

Last edited by ctownflyer; May 10, 2022 at 3:12 pm
Old May 10, 2022, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
pretty much how I see it and yet Ive been on tons of flights with tons of those types of Jews and Nothing happened in any shape manner or form. I Dont know about you but if I saw alot of people dressed in Indian clothes on a flight not to/from India I would assume they were all together, thats why I dont have a problem if all these religious Jews were looked at the same way.Im not anti-Indian and Im not sure they were AS
Ridiculous !
All of the pax on LH401 were customers of LH & they owed them all duty of care & full respect !
By all means ensure pax abide by lawful regulations BUT that has to be implemented correctly & lawfully, no way was that the case here & if LH were in the right they wouldn’t have had the make the apology posted above
Old May 10, 2022, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Lufthansa have a procedure for dealing with pax that don’t follow the rules & instructions from onboard staff & they clearly didn’t follow it because the alleged culprits were not individually dealt with.

The video evidence is clear to me in that pax were denied boarding the connecting flight because they were Jews & that’s appalling anywhere
You are wrong. They were denied from boarding, because they look similar to the significant number of unruly passengers.

It would have been the same if there were a big group of LFC fans with a significant part behaving unruly. If they were all denied from boarding, it would be wrong, but it wouldn’t be discrimination because they are LFC fans.

If a bank got robbed by a person dressed with a chasuble and the police is arresting all persons dressed with a chasuble, it‘s not religious discrimination against Christians. Still wrong, but not for discrimination reasons.

If a killer is dressed like a firefighter and the police arrests all firefighters, it‘s not discrimination based on the profession.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Nope.
I spoke to several modern Orthodox Jews from Far Rockaway, several with their wives and children, and they too were banned for 24 hours despite no mask violations.
I would assume that the males had a yamulka on their head, I wouldnt expect anyone outside heh tribe (even many in it) to know the differences eg Satmar does something wrong well Lubovs will get flack as well as well as Gur,etc etc eg look how Siks are attacked for being Muslims they arent! but its how they dress that does them in Now if a Morris Cohen from Boston a reform Jew was denied as well that would be something else. Im not saying LH was right and Id love to know what the FAs told the Capt and the Capt told HQ

Ive said I had my share of FA complaints done against me that were so embellished it wasnt funny and in the end they were all dropped. Its not funny how they build a mt out of a mole hill in order to get the passenger good.

yet you reported Moshe(made up name) who was in FC was allowed to board if it was truly AS then when he went back to get his partner instead of them letting his partner on they should have off loaded him as well
Old May 10, 2022, 3:16 pm

Ridiculous !
All of the pax on LH401 were customers of LH & they owed them all duty of care & full respect !
By all means ensure pax abide by lawful regulations BUT that has to be implemented correctly & lawfully, no way was that the case here & if LH were in the right they wouldn’t have had the make the apology posted above
Of course LH did wrong. Is there anyone who is arguing, that LH was right to deny passengers from boarding without identifying them individually as unruly passenger? I don‘t think so.

The discussion is about if it‘s religious discrimination or not.
pdeut likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thbe
You are wrong. They were denied from boarding, because they look similar to the significant number of unruly passengers.
& you think that’s ok ?

It’s discrimination & contrary to LH procedures for dealing with unruly pax & a matter of fact LH employees stated it was because they were Jews
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course LH did wrong. Is there anyone who is arguing, that LH was right to deny passengers from boarding without identifying them individually as unruly passenger? I don‘t think so.

The discussion is about if it‘s religious discrimination or not.
Are you claiming the videos of LH staff stating that it was because of the Jews are fake ?
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Ridiculous !

1- Im surprised LHs legal dept even let that apology to go out, rather then hunker down and take cover lest something be said that could be used against them in a suit

2- Ive said numerous time that what should have taken place was the culprits be put into plastic ties and arrested upon landing @ FRA. then either deported right back to the US or held and charges filed against them. If the crew couldnt ID the culprits then every person before boarding the BUD flight should have been warned any non-compliance will result in you return tkt being CXed w/o any refund and you wont beable to travel on a LH Group carrier Instead someone somewhere went for group punishment which was the worst choice of options in my opin

do you really think the capt of the BUD flight heard that hey you will have a couple of bad apples on your flight, I dont, I think he heard there was a group of Jews on the JFK flight that were non-compliant and troublesome and at that wanted no part of it on his or her flight
Old May 10, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yet you reported Moshe(made up name) who was in FC was allowed to board if it was truly AS then when he went back to get his partner instead of them letting his partner on they should have off loaded him as well
Have you got any idea what it’s going to cost LH to offload, deny boarding to a F pax……. for sure that came into the mix
friedablass likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:26 pm

& you think that’s ok ?

It’s discrimination & contrary to LH procedures for dealing with unruly pax & a matter of fact LH employees stated it was because they were Jews
As I‘ve said, it‘s not ok. It was wrong. But it wasn‘t because they were Jews. It was because they were dressed the same way as unruly passengers were dressed.

A collective punishment of a big group of individuals because of some of them did something wrong is not acceptable.

LH should be fined for every single passenger, who got denied from boarding without being individually identified as an unruly passenger.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1- Im surprised LHs legal dept even let that apology to go out, rather then hunker down and take cover lest something be said that could be used against them in a suit

2- Ive said numerous time that what should have taken place was the culprits be put into plastic ties and arrested upon landing @ FRA. then either deported right back to the US or held and charges filed against them. If the crew couldnt ID the culprits then every person before boarding the BUD flight should have been warned any non-compliance will result in you return tkt being CXed w/o any refund and you wont beable to travel on a LH Group carrier Instead someone somewhere went for group punishment which was the worst choice of options in my opin

do you really think the capt of the BUD flight heard that hey you will have a couple of bad apples on your flight, I dont, I think he heard there was a group of Jews on the JFK flight that were non-compliant and troublesome and at that wanted no part of it on his or her flight
Indeed for LH to put out that apology they know they are fully at fault & it’s going to cost.

We agree it should have been handled individually & by the rules. Someone made an enormous error on the day & compounded a bad situation
LETTERBOY and mnhusker like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As I‘ve said, it‘s not ok. It was wrong. But it wasn‘t because they were Jews. It was because they were dressed the same way as unruly passengers were dressed.
LH staff were saying it on the videos
LETTERBOY and mnhusker like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:34 pm

Are you claiming the videos of LH staff stating that it was because of the Jews are fake ?
No, I‘m claiming that the LH supervisor shouldn‘t give any statements in English. For a German it‘s easy to understand what she wanted to say. In English it came out differently. „The Jewish people“ meant, „the Jewish guys who behaved unruly“.

And as already said, under German law it‘s a crime to record what she said.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, I‘m claiming that the LH supervisor shouldn‘t give any statements in English. For a German it‘s easy to understand what she wanted to say. In English it came out differently. „The Jewish people“ meant, „the Jewish guys who behaved unruly“.

And as already said, under German law it‘s a crime to record what she said.
I’m sorry but that’s feeble, LH supervisors are supposed to understand English

& it’s good it was filmed so we know what really happened but why is filming such a bad thing in Europe in a free democracy if such appalling things cannot be verified in real time ?
LETTERBOY and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 4:05 pm

I’m sorry but that’s feeble, LH supervisors are supposed to understand English

& it’s good it was filmed so we know what really happened but why is filming such a bad thing in Europe in a free democracy if such appalling things cannot be verified in real time ?
There are many levels of understanding English. And no, LH supervisors are not supposed to speak English on the level which was needed in that case.

In anglo-american law it‘s known as ‚breech of confidence‘. And yes, almost all countries in the world have stricter laws about that than the UK. Anyway, shitstorms on the internet have nothing to do with democracy. As the headline of this thread they are always wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.