FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Shocking Anti Semitic incident (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/2078637-shocking-anti-semitic-incident.html)

ELAL May 8, 22 1:05 pm

Shocking Anti Semitic incident

I have verified this report first hand, shocking behaviour by LH staff!

https://www.dansdeals.com/points-tra...ne-pay-couple/

hugolover May 8, 22 1:27 pm

At least 127 banned paxÖ wow.

Letís hope they all sue. This will cost LH a fortune.

Btw, I didnít realise Dansdeals was a Jewish run blog.

Mrp Alert May 8, 22 2:03 pm

I have never heard of something this crazy happening before. Just because people are dressed the same does not mean collective punishment.

oliver2002 May 8, 22 2:42 pm

Evidently the pax flouted the 'no congregation in aisles' and the mask mandate rule on the flight before... oh dear... ideally they should have identified the unruly pax on the flight and dealt with upon landing.

bobhope2 May 8, 22 2:52 pm

What were Lufthansa thinking?

friedablass May 8, 22 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 34232395)
...ideally they should have identified the unruly pax on the flight and dealt with upon landing.

Exactly. Collective punishment was certainly not the right answer.

ctownflyer May 8, 22 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 34232395)
Evidently the pax flouted the 'no congregation in aisles' and the mask mandate rule on the flight before... oh dear... ideally they should have identified the unruly pax on the flight and dealt with upon landing.

Identifying the pax is the only proper way to deal with offenders. Hand them a red card and take down their name as most airlines do to rule breakers.
Banning everyone of the same race/religion over the actions of a few is never going to end well. Even more so when we're talking about Jews trying to leave Germany, how nobody at LH saw the optics of this is shocking.

bobhope2 May 8, 22 2:54 pm

That's really bad.

What were Lufthansa thinking?

oliver2002 May 8, 22 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer (Post 34232428)
Identifying the pax is the only proper way to deal with offenders. Hand them a red card and take down their name as most airlines do to rule breakers.
Banning everyone of the same race/religion over the actions of a few is never going to end well. Even more so when we're talking about Jews trying to leave Germany, how nobody at LH saw the optics of this is shocking.

Well, if they had detained them on or just after the flight it would have been a mess too. The community would have raised a stinker there: 'German police arrests/prosecutes pax on NYC flight'

ctownflyer May 8, 22 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 34232455)
Well, if they had detained them on or just after the flight it would have been a mess too. The community would have raised a stinker there: 'German police arrests/prosecutes pax on NYC flight'

No need for detaining, just ban from LH and revoke their onward tickets. There would be no stink made if it was done on an individual versus a collective basis.
That happened hourly in the US when the mask mandate was active. No big deal.

nmpls May 8, 22 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer (Post 34232428)

Agreed. You might even be ok banning pax travelling on the same booking, but banning random unrelated travelers because they look Jewish is just wild. Like I can't post my reaction without being banned.

Coffee drinker May 8, 22 3:23 pm

Hope this gets more attention in the news and people boycott Lufthansa.

oliver2002 May 8, 22 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer (Post 34232476)
No need for detaining, just ban from LH and revoke their onward tickets. There would be no stink made if it was done on an individual versus a collective basis.

Like this incident? https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/03/0...wearing-masks/
It will be a big deal either way.

doc4science May 8, 22 4:30 pm

This is obviously very bad. I hope the impacted passengers explore legal action. It will be interesting to see how LH responds to this. I don't really see how they'll be able to explain it.

craz May 8, 22 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer (Post 34232476)
There would be no stink made if it was done on an individual versus a collective basis.

Except on your site where You and others called out the likes of Delta,JetBlue and Spirit when they removed the offending Jews from their flights over the past 2 years and didnt remove all the Jews on the flight. So why did you scream bloody murder when the Carriers did what you said LH should have done?

Unfortunately it will be front and center for apx 1 week then when LH has a fare a few bucks or miles cheaper almost everyone will book their flights with the excuse why should I lose on account of them.