Wiki Posts
Search

Shocking Anti Semitic incident

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Shocking Anti Semitic incident

I have verified this report first hand, shocking behaviour by LH staff!

https://www.dansdeals.com/points-tra...ne-pay-couple/
ctownflyer and hugolover like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At least 127 banned pax… wow.

Let’s hope they all sue. This will cost LH a fortune.

Btw, I didn’t realise Dansdeals was a Jewish run blog.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I have never heard of something this crazy happening before. Just because people are dressed the same does not mean collective punishment.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:42 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Evidently the pax flouted the 'no congregation in aisles' and the mask mandate rule on the flight before... oh dear... ideally they should have identified the unruly pax on the flight and dealt with upon landing.
behuman, chris63, Annerk and 1 others like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:52 pm

What were Lufthansa thinking?
chris63, LETTERBOY, the810 and 1 others like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
...ideally they should have identified the unruly pax on the flight and dealt with upon landing.
Exactly. Collective punishment was certainly not the right answer.
chris63, the810 and mnhusker like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Evidently the pax flouted the 'no congregation in aisles' and the mask mandate rule on the flight before... oh dear... ideally they should have identified the unruly pax on the flight and dealt with upon landing.
Identifying the pax is the only proper way to deal with offenders. Hand them a red card and take down their name as most airlines do to rule breakers.
Banning everyone of the same race/religion over the actions of a few is never going to end well. Even more so when we're talking about Jews trying to leave Germany, how nobody at LH saw the optics of this is shocking.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:54 pm

That's really bad.

What were Lufthansa thinking?
LETTERBOY and Annerk like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 2:03 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Identifying the pax is the only proper way to deal with offenders. Hand them a red card and take down their name as most airlines do to rule breakers.
Banning everyone of the same race/religion over the actions of a few is never going to end well. Even more so when we're talking about Jews trying to leave Germany, how nobody at LH saw the optics of this is shocking.

Well, if they had detained them on or just after the flight it would have been a mess too. The community would have raised a stinker there: 'German police arrests/prosecutes pax on NYC flight'
behuman likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Well, if they had detained them on or just after the flight it would have been a mess too. The community would have raised a stinker there: 'German police arrests/prosecutes pax on NYC flight'
No need for detaining, just ban from LH and revoke their onward tickets. There would be no stink made if it was done on an individual versus a collective basis.
That happened hourly in the US when the mask mandate was active. No big deal.
awayIgo, Annerk, altabello and 4 others like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Agreed. You might even be ok banning pax travelling on the same booking, but banning random unrelated travelers because they look Jewish is just wild. Like I can't post my reaction without being banned.
Old May 8, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: Skywards
Hope this gets more attention in the news and people boycott Lufthansa.
Old May 8, 2022, 3:19 pm

No need for detaining, just ban from LH and revoke their onward tickets. There would be no stink made if it was done on an individual versus a collective basis.
Like this incident? https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/03/0...wearing-masks/
It will be a big deal either way.
Old May 8, 2022, 3:30 pm
Formerly doc4science

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
This is obviously very bad. I hope the impacted passengers explore legal action. It will be interesting to see how LH responds to this. I don't really see how they'll be able to explain it.
mnhusker likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:38 pm
Suspended

There would be no stink made if it was done on an individual versus a collective basis.
Except on your site where You and others called out the likes of Delta,JetBlue and Spirit when they removed the offending Jews from their flights over the past 2 years and didnt remove all the Jews on the flight. So why did you scream bloody murder when the Carriers did what you said LH should have done?

Unfortunately it will be front and center for apx 1 week then when LH has a fare a few bucks or miles cheaper almost everyone will book their flights with the excuse why should I lose on account of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.