Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Group Summer 2022 Schedule Update

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:05 am

Any idea if the schedule changes have been loaded in for August?
I had an intra Europe flight with a schedule change last week but that's it so far.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Supposed to be starting tomorrow
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:53 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
LX yesterday announced another 600+ flights being cancelled. On top the daily short notice cancellations. Just this morning in ZRH. No fun!

Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 2MM
It looks like LH has zeroed out everything but Full J, G, and Y for flights from Germany to the US from 7/1-8/10. It appears we may be in for a last minute July schedule change tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: It appears everything in the LH system ex-Germany is only selling full fare tickets on the GDS at least

Last edited by N104UA; Jun 30, 2022 at 1:22 pm
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Is it safe to book LH flights for mid-August?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Most of the cancellations have already been loaded into the system, so I'd say yes.
iLied likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Party time 🥳. Right on the money.
iLied likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by N104UA
It looks like LH has zeroed out everything but Full J, G, and Y for flights from Germany to the US from 7/1-8/10. It appears we may be in for a last minute July schedule change tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: It appears everything in the LH system ex-Germany is only selling full fare tickets on the GDS at least
This applies to EU flights till 7/31 and USA/CAN with departure until 8/10.
Everything is supposed to go back to normal on 7/6 (they are limiting available booking classes to full fare until 7/5).
N104UA likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Chiller3333
This applies to EU flights till 7/31 and USA/CAN with departure until 8/10.
Everything is supposed to go back to normal on 7/6 (they are limiting available booking classes to full fare until 7/5).
Why are they doing this? I’ve just done a dummy booking to check and getting Y for 23/07 and regular LX fare back (route is possible with LH&LX).
N104UA likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by iLied
Why are they doing this? I’ve just done a dummy booking to check and getting Y for 23/07 and regular LX fare back (route is possible with LH&LX).
They expect to cancel a lot of flights and want to be able to rebook those affected first.
Also, everyone booking now is very likely to be affected by a cancellation anyway (as this triggers EU261, they can offset part of the compensation by charging more) :P
iLied likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:28 am

They expect to cancel a lot of flights and want to be able to rebook those affected first.
Also, everyone booking now is very likely to be affected by a cancellation anyway (as this triggers EU261, they can offset part of the compensation by charging more) :P
Sounds about right for LH. It seems they can get away with it as well.
Yup, although knowing LH, they’ll find a reason not to pay out and hope enough passengers just don’t follow up.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by iLied
they’ll find a reason not to pay out and hope enough passengers just don’t follow up.
This is why third-world routes are usually the first ones to get the cut. People are less likely to have the know-how and the perseverance to follow-up on compensation.

(Someone will probably mention yields too, but I'm not convinced, ethnic traffic is often much more lucrative at peak periods than other types of pax).
iLied likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Have there been any Germany to US routes cancelled last minute, I can't seem to find any in recent days
Old Jul 4, 2022, 9:16 am

Got hit by a schedule change/ flight cancellation 12 days out. Quick call to the hotline (waiting time less than 1 minute) rectified the issue (automatically rebooked flights didn‘t fit our schedule), everything was handled very efficiently and professionally.

Just a data point that even in the current madness, LH can deliver (though I might have been very lucky…)
Old Jul 4, 2022, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by curt
Got hit by a schedule change/ flight cancellation 12 days out. Quick call to the hotline (waiting time less than 1 minute) rectified the issue (automatically rebooked flights didn‘t fit our schedule), everything was handled very efficiently and professionally.

Just a data point that even in the current madness, LH can deliver (though I might have been very lucky…)
Yeah, let us know when they reissue your ticket though. I've been waiting for more than a week now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.