Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Group Summer 2022 Schedule Update

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Gold Elite
Flying in F on a M&M award from BUD>FRA>LAX on 8/10. Should I look at a backup plan?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sweetsleep
Flying in F on a M&M award from BUD>FRA>LAX on 8/10. Should I look at a backup plan?
via MUC is the only sensible BU plan.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by gojko88
Yeah, let us know when they reissue your ticket though. I've been waiting for more than a week now...
Done yesterday…
gojko88 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Another 2000 flights in July & August inside Germany and Europe will be cancelled today:

Lufthansa streicht weitere 2.000 Flüge

Nachdem die zusätzlichen Streichungen von 770 Flügen für den Zeitraum vom 8. bis 14. Juli bereits am Wochenende zu spürbaren Entlastungen und einer Stabilisierung der Operations geführt haben, streicht Lufthansa weitere 2.000 Flüge in Frankfurt und München für die kommenden Wochen im Sommer. Die Streichungen betreffen vor allem Flüge in den Verkehrsspitzen am Nachmittag und am Abend, da dann viele Flüge gleichzeitig abheben und sich Rotationsverspätungen besonders stark auswirken.

Ziel ist es, einen stabilen Flugplan anzubieten, tagesaktuelle Streichungen zu vermeiden und damit die Auswirkungen auf unsere Fluggäste so gering wie möglich zu halten. Weitere Flugplananpassungen sind zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt für Verkehrsspitzen im August möglich.

Die Anpassung betrifft im Wesentlichen innerdeutsche und innereuropäische Flüge, für die es überwiegend alternative Beförderungsmöglichkeiten gibt – beispielsweise andere Flüge oder die Bahn. Ausgenommen sind die in der Ferienzeit gut ausgelasteten klassischen Urlaubsziele. Fluggäste werden bei Stornierungen umgehend informiert und nach Möglichkeit auf alternative Flüge (auch anderer Airlines) umgebucht. Alternativ können Fluggäste innerdeutsch mit der Bahn zu den Flughäfen anreisen.

Erstattungen über lufthansa.com

Fluggäste, deren Lufthansa Flug im Juli und August von einer Umbuchung oder Streichung vor Abflug betroffen ist, können (falls nicht schon geschehen) ihre Buchung stornieren und direkt auf lufthansa.com erstatten lassen.
hugolover likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 2:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Another cut to the Sept schedule to stabilize ops further: https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/220822-lhsep22eu
Old Aug 23, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Wow, pretty significant cuts to MXP and LIN. I guess I'll be waiting for those emails
Old Aug 23, 2022, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Stabilize ops" will soon be an excuse for "no bookings".
HKG1111 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: UA 1k
For the past week, I've searched for LH and OS flights out of DXB, and although both airlines service DXB, all three are unavailable from 31 August through 5 September, resuming the 6th (Swiss unavailable for an even longer stretch). This strikes me a bit odd, for such a long stretch of unavailable flights (status search shows zero flights, as opposed to simply being booked). I haven't seen DXB listed in any news about LH Group cutbacks, which seem to be mostly taking place within Europe. I also haven't been able to search for LH flights to Almaty, which also seem to stop.

Edited to remove LX, which apparently stopped flying to DXB a couple years ago, which I didn't notice.

Last edited by chaseUA; Aug 24, 2022 at 11:10 am
Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by chaseUA
For the past week, I've searched for LH and OS flights out of DXB, and although both airlines service DXB, all three are unavailable from 31 August through 5 September, resuming the 6th (Swiss unavailable for an even longer stretch). This strikes me a bit odd, for such a long stretch of unavailable flights (status search shows zero flights, as opposed to simply being booked). I haven't seen DXB listed in any news about LH Group cutbacks, which seem to be mostly taking place within Europe. I also haven't been able to search for LH flights to Almaty, which also seem to stop.

Edited to remove LX, which apparently stopped flying to DXB a couple years ago, which I didn't notice.
LX does still fly to DXB and is also available in that timeframe, though some days only in F.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 2:19 am

A crew shortage in the A343 fleet is causing some cancellations this week, mainly to destinations that are also served by UA or from MUC.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quite a show from LH right now. Got a message that I had a 'flight change' for 9/24 ... First downgraded to Business. BOS-MUC going 359. Looks like all week through 9/25. Don't they have a ton of 346s sitting around? Appears to cause a major oversell BOS-MUC due to the downgrade. I am sure LH will try and weasel out of compensation ... we will see.

Last edited by cfischer; Sep 17, 2022 at 6:26 am
Old Sep 19, 2022, 5:25 am

The number of seats on the A346 (8F/44F/32E/213Y) and A359 (48C/21E/221Y) are roughly the same (297 vs 293). Only the F seats are missing. So they have to deal with 8 irate F pax and 11 PE pax. If the flight is fully booked (doubt it).
Old Sep 19, 2022, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The number of seats on the A346 (8F/44F/32E/213Y) and A359 (48C/21E/221Y) are roughly the same (297 vs 293). Only the F seats are missing. So they have to deal with 8 irate F pax and 11 PE pax. If the flight is fully booked (doubt it).
zeroed out flight. Was full before the swap. Will ask for 75% of the segment value. Conveniently, that is easy to determine based on a 016 ticket and crediting to UA.

LHs ops are in bad shape right now. Flying out of ZRH today … a pleasure of efficiency
Old Sep 19, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by cfischer
Flying out of ZRH today … a pleasure of efficiency
May not be for long:
Pilots At SWISS Are Set To Vote On Strike Action
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
zeroed out flight. Was full before the swap. Will ask for 75% of the segment value. Conveniently, that is easy to determine based on a 016 ticket and crediting to UA.
LH pays a flat 1000/2000/4000€ for downgrades from I/A/F to C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.