Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2021, 5:46 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by GlobalNomad
Thanks, but is it your interpretation that a PCR is an alternative to the Schultestheft, or did you see it documented anywhere on Lufthansa’s website?
It's neither. An antigen or PCR test that would be suitable for flying gets 6-17 year olds in, as per the regulations for restaurants in Hessen.

Link https://www.hessen.de/Handeln/Corona...ssen/2G-Option

​​
Old Dec 18, 2021, 12:49 pm

Confirming that the PCR was enough for my 11 year olds. It takes quite some time to get everything verified to enter. At least one does not have to fill the contact tracing form anymore.
princeville and Baker421 like this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:08 am

Just wanted to report that on 20 December the lounge in MUC only wanted our vaccination certificates. No test results required, even for the eight year old.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 3:29 pm

I have my mother flying out of MUC next week and since she's not a seasoned traveler with lounges and all, I thought I'd ask here for some info.
I'm getting conflicting information on the non-Schengen Biz lounge being open or closed so does anyone know for certain? In case the lounge is closed, I assume she will have no issue accessing the Schengen lounge, however I read that there can be wait times for lounges, so does anyone have experience with mid-morning waits (10/11am)?
Thanks
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:51 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by Baker421
Just wanted to report that on 20 December the lounge in MUC only wanted our vaccination certificates. No test results required, even for the eight year old.
I think they made the assumption that school kids 6-10ish are tested regularly as part of the elementary school test setup and therefore they are excempt from showing a proof of negative test - unlike in FRA where we had to show our son's school test result. This is a local rule in Bavaria, Hesse has a different rule- don't you just love federalism...

Btw, I did stop by the DUS lounge yesterday. They even matched my ID with the vaccination certificate.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by PHL_Intl.
I'm getting conflicting information on the non-Schengen Biz lounge being open or closed so does anyone know for certain?
The business lounge in N/S (ie opposite Gate H24) is open.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:56 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
I have my mother flying out of MUC next week and since she's not a seasoned traveler with lounges and all, I thought I'd ask here for some info.
I'm getting conflicting information on the non-Schengen Biz lounge being open or closed so does anyone know for certain? In case the lounge is closed, I assume she will have no issue accessing the Schengen lounge, however I read that there can be wait times for lounges, so does anyone have experience with mid-morning waits (10/11am)?
Thanks
According to the website the Bus Lounge in H is open 7a-10p. Please be aware if your mom departs from MUC to the US on LH, those flights are handled at the L Gates in T2S, which includes a ride o the PTS. There's no lounge or any services (food, drink, etc.) in L as of today. So she'd need to stick to the lounge in H and factor in ample time to make her way to L including a possible additional doc / sec check in L before entering the gate area for the US bound flights.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:38 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Thanks
i Can confirm H gates non-Schengen Business lounge is open. I was in the Senator side 4 days ago prior to my flight to LAX but the business lounge was definitely open as I walked by it to use the bathrooms and saw plenty of people inside it. This was between the hours of 9am and 1130am by the way so right in your window. Hope this helps.

And given the time frame of when your mother will be there, I will make a rough assumption that she is flying to the US? If this is the case I would have her leave the lounge 30-40 min before boarding starts. She’ll need to take a train to the L gates, undergo a secondary document check which can have lines even in the first/business lanes and potentially even a second security check. If no US flight then no worries but if so just to keep in mind given the lounge in the L gates concourse is closed.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by flyingrohit
And given the time frame of when your mother will be there, I will make a rough assumption that she is flying to the US? If this is the case I would have her leave the lounge 30-40 min before boarding starts. She’ll need to take a train to the L gates, undergo a secondary document check which can have lines even in the first/business lanes and potentially even a second security check. If no US flight then no worries but if so just to keep in mind given the lounge in the L gates concourse is closed.
She's flying on AC to YYZ and the flight seems to be consistently departing from gate L15. She's not much of a risk taker so I'll let her know to leave the H lounge with ample time and make her way to the L gates. Appreciate all the answers I got.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 12:17 am

She's flying on AC to YYZ and the flight seems to be consistently departing from gate L15. She's not much of a risk taker so I'll let her know to leave the H lounge with ample time and make her way to the L gates. Appreciate all the answers I got.
Ah yeah forgot the secondary check is for Canada-bound flights as well so definitely get her going early then.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: TK*G (E+)
Originally Posted by hugolover
Seems LOT now has access in DUB- but the lounge is closed then so not really
Yep confirmed. ​​​​​​Access to the lounge today with no issue 👍
Btw. New opening hours 5:30 - 17:00 (all week)
Old Dec 23, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I was specifically asked for a vaccination certificate yesterday at the MUC Schengen SEN lounge. Gave me the impression this was 2G. Very poor choice of self-service food and drink. Not even orange juice at breakfast time.

only because that's the default response with the overwhelming majority.
I cannot confirm you may enter with test only, but I'll ask next time.

They do have orange juice, but you have to ask for it at the bar, it's not fresh but concentrated
and they are serving it in small cups like it's Greek Gods ambrosia.

)
MUC Schengen was by far the poorest SEN lounge I've visited in the past 2 months.

Last edited by st8dm; Dec 23, 2021 at 1:54 pm
Old Dec 23, 2021, 5:46 pm

Could someone please confirm the status of the Senator/Business lounge opposite gate H24 in MUC.

Getting conflicting information as to whether it's open or closed.

Thank you
Old Dec 23, 2021, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
Could someone please confirm the status of the Senator/Business lounge opposite gate H24 in MUC.

Getting conflicting information as to whether it's open or closed.

Thank you
unless they closed again I was there on Saturday and they were 100% open. Both sides. Now the food options were pathetic but that’s independent of the fact that it was open for me when I was there.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by flyingrohit
unless they closed again I was there on Saturday and they were 100% open. Both sides. Now the food options were pathetic but that’s independent of the fact that it was open for me when I was there.
Thank you
flyingrohit likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.