Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2020, 2:58 am

Programs: LH-SEN
Originally Posted by NickRivas
Not sure if this was posted before but the Austrian business lounge (Schengen) in VIE has reopened and it’s pretty impressive!
When I checked my bags they told me they had a new catering company which surprises me..so I guess it’s no longer do&co
there are quite a few offerings, good wines and drinks area, there’s a fruit stand area, a soup, dessert (strudel) and sandwich area with good choices such as vegetarian or pork options and good quality.
there’s also a nicer area where one of the workers dishes you up some of the traditional dishes
I quite agree. Was there for breakfast this morning and there's a clear overall improvement in both choice and quality although the grilled tomatoes have now gone! Didn't pay much attention to the alcohol but did see that the gin is Gordon's - not great but perhaps a small setup up on Beefeater which I think might have been the previous Business offering. Can hope for better once the Senator lounge opens.

The new caterer is DoN.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: CA G Hilton D IHG SA
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The service level in all FRA lounges is identical. Two weekends ago I had to spend 7h in T2, and left the PP after 45 min. Every seat was taken, people were blatantly ignoring the mask wearing and congregating as if it was a bar on a Saturday night. It had all the hallmarks of a super spreader event. So be aware that your english English breakfast comes with a side of risk.

I travelled from XER to FRA on LH bus. At least 30% of passengers only covered their mouth and another 20% of passengers only covered their chins. Luckily I was at least 2 meters away from them.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 4:25 pm

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
so far not the case. Probably not worth keeping it open since the time difference between the FRA and ZRH flights is too great with no MUC flight in-between. Would assume LX set up an arrangement with another lounge that is staying open later. Please report back!
Also, no LH flight on Fridays at all, so there is that problem with LX flying Fr/Su only
Small update- lounge is kept open for the Sunday Swiss flight. Lounge offerings consist of chips, cookies and canned soft drinks/water. Nothing to write home about. 29 people booked on tonight’s flight. The terminal is a ghost town.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I take it DE is not as stupid as PL and Mutti's announcement today eff. 02NOV doesn't affect airside lounges?
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:54 am
Suspended

I think you'll have to wait and see. But I wouldn't rule out the possibility of lounges closing between Nov 2 and Nov 30.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I'll be going through FRA in Nov on a pretty lengthy layover, so I really do hope it won't affect lounges (specifically hoping the non-Schengen one stays open.)
sydunipete likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 1:23 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
According to the Staff from SEN Lounge at A gates in FRA this evening, the lounges will remain open, but no food and drinks and booze...
Old Oct 29, 2020, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Marcin83
According to the Staff from SEN Lounge at A gates in FRA this evening, the lounges will remain open, but no food and drinks and booze...
ugh then what’s the point?

#firstworldproblems
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by NickRivas
ugh then what’s the point?

#firstworldproblems
Don't kill the messenger. I did not say I had any problem with that although it's inconvenient for sure
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The FRA lounges are classified as restaurants so in order to stay open they have to ditch the food offering starting next Monday. They are looking into handing out to go bags for you to consume outside the lounge.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
No food and beverage in the FRA lounges is a huge disappointment, with the frequency downgrades all my upcoming fights have long connections ......
Old Oct 30, 2020, 3:41 am

Hmm will this also affect inflight catering?
Old Oct 30, 2020, 4:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Not really. The measures announced for November include closing of all restaurants, which will impact lounge operations.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What’s the situation with lounges in Brussels and Zurich? Do they have alcohol and food? I wonder if they’ll be affected by the November restrictions too?
Old Oct 30, 2020, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The FRA lounges are classified as restaurants so in order to stay open they have to ditch the food offering starting next Monday. They are looking into handing out to go bags for you to consume outside the lounge.
Is that in Berlin also?

The situation is as silly as in Poland then. Polonez closed, airport WAW lounge open and allows outside F&B, KRK open but no outside F&B (including water) and yet Katowice, Gdańsk and Wroclaw all operate as usual with full F&B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.