Wiki Posts
Search

Which lounge at Vienna Airport?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Which lounge at Vienna Airport?

Hi,

I have flight from Vienna to Amsterdam (via easyjet). I have a Priority Pass which can let me access several lounges at Vienna airport (Air Lounge, Jet Lounge, and Sky Lounge) What is the better lounge I can access with a Priority Pass?

Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by apple1122
Hi,

I have flight from Vienna to Amsterdam (via easyjet). I have a Priority Pass which can let me access several lounges at Vienna airport (Air Lounge, Jet Lounge, and Sky Lounge) What is the better lounge I can access with a Priority Pass?

Thanks!
The only lounge you'll be able to visit is the Jet Lounge as Easyjet flies from Terminal 1 (Schengen area). The Air Lounge is past border control, therefore you won't be able to go there, and the Sky Lounges are in Terminal 3. I don't believe you will be able to use these either.

The Jet Lounge is quite an OK lounge during the day but the breakfast offering is very poor in my opinion. There's usually a hot option for lunch and dinner and it's never TOO crowded although it has its busy moments.

You'll find photos here: https://traveluxblog.com/2015/06/04/...lounge-vienna/
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:09 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Re. Jet Lounge

There is a second part of the lounge - behind the reception. Normally it is totally deserted - there is a buffet area there, but for any hot meal (IIRC served only during certain periods of the day) you would have to ho to the main area buffet.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

My Easyjet flight departs at 7:55pm. What time should I leave my hotel (Hyatt Park Vienna)? I'm thinking to take the Airport Postbus or Subway U bahn then S7/S1. Postbus will take about 25 min and Subway U Bahn + S7/S1 might take a littler longer depends on the transfer time.

Is Vienna airport a busy airport? How is the security line like?

Are the duty free shops worth visiting? Or can they be skipped?

Thanks!
Old May 7, 2017, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Quick question for the VIE experts.

Have a 12 hour layover this Saturday. Arrive 8AM, depart 8PM. Both legs are Austrian Business Class and I am *G.

Is there an OS lounge with shower available when I land so that I can freshen up before entering Austria for some downtown Vienna time?

I know I have access to OS SEN lounge, but not sure if the layout/flow of VIE allows for visiting the lounge before going through immigration.

Many thanks.
Old May 8, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, Global Entry early adopter
Hi there, I just transited through VIE yesterday evening and the weekend before that.

All lounges (*A as well as JET, AIR, and SKY) all appear to have showers (I only know the *A ones from personal experience..). Whether a lounge is available before or after immigration depends on your routing. If your onward flight exits the Schengen zone (G gates), then you'll hit immigration before being able to access the G gate lounge area. If you arrive from a Schengen port, then you should be inserted right into the F gates and can access the F gate lounge area provided that your onward flight is still within the zone. I'm strictly speaking for Terminal 3, by the way.

http://www.viennaairport.com/en/pass...rvices/lounges
Old May 8, 2017, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by dcfromdc
Hi there, I just transited through VIE yesterday evening and the weekend before that.

All lounges (*A as well as JET, AIR, and SKY) all appear to have showers (I only know the *A ones from personal experience..). Whether a lounge is available before or after immigration depends on your routing. If your onward flight exits the Schengen zone (G gates), then you'll hit immigration before being able to access the G gate lounge area. If you arrive from a Schengen port, then you should be inserted right into the F gates and can access the F gate lounge area provided that your onward flight is still within the zone. I'm strictly speaking for Terminal 3, by the way.

http://www.viennaairport.com/en/pass...rvices/lounges
Thanks. I guess I should have been more specific on the routing.

It is USA->VIE->BKK.

Not sure how the flow works at VIE, if I can hit a lounge in the Intl transit area, and then go through immigration for a day in Vienna? Seems like I should be able to, but just want to be sure.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Thanks. I guess I should have been more specific on the routing.

It is USA->VIE->BKK.

Not sure how the flow works at VIE, if I can hit a lounge in the Intl transit area, and then go through immigration for a day in Vienna? Seems like I should be able to, but just want to be sure.
I think you shouldn't have a problem exiting the non-schengen lounge and going to the city for a day.Vienna airport is quite small.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:25 am

Programs: M&M SEN
you'll have access to the *G lounge(s) through your onward boarding pass to BKK. I'd recommend you hit the non-Schengen OS lounge (right towards the central part of the terminal) before going through passport control and freshen up there. By the time you are ready, most inbound flights from US (arriving within 45min or so) will have unloaded their pax through passport control.

For a quick and easy ride use the "City Airport Train CAT" leaving :09 and :39 every hour; the regular commuter train S7 is somewhat cheaper with a few stops along the way.

DAvid
Old Jun 11, 2017, 5:25 pm

Senator vs Business Lounge at VIE

I'm a *G, and connecting in Business IAD-VIE-BKK tomorrow. Anything much to choose between the Business and Senator lounges at VIE?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:12 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by fpc552
I'm a *G, and connecting in Business IAD-VIE-BKK tomorrow. Anything much to choose between the Business and Senator lounges at VIE?
If you are *G they will open the SEN Lounge door for you (on the right). I have never been to the Business lounge, SEN is fairly average.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:46 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I have a business class (P fare) RT BKK-VIE-LAX with stopovers in VIE both ways. Since the BKK-VIE OS flight arrives early mornng, I'm wondering if we can use the lounge for arrivals, as I'm not sure about the Bristol's early checkin policy. No status, yet, on *A. Thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: M&M SEN
If departure of your VIE-LAX flight is on the same day as arrival, obviously no issue with lounge access.

If different date, no lounge access as VIE OS lounge are not "arrival" lounges.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:12 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by davidcito
If departure of your VIE-LAX flight is on the same day as arrival, obviously no issue with lounge access.

If different date, no lounge access as VIE OS lounge are not "arrival" lounges.
Bummer, but thanks for the info. 16 day stopover in VIE and Italy on the outbound which is where I need the arrivals lounge. Return from LAX I also have a stopover, but later and only 30 hrs, so should be no problem getting to the hotel at a more normal checkin time.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Which lounge(s) are open to BA passengers flying VIE-LHR? I have Priority Pass, and will be in Club Europe. I welcome any recommendations if there is more than one option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.