Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Ticket Refund Timeline

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2020, 1:41 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
I got an email from LH last night that they processed my refund and I got a refund letter via email. I requested the refund on April 15 so it took roughly 2 months to process the refund. I haven't received the money in my cc account yet.

I have two more ticket refunds pending where I asked for the refund on Mar 31.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
OK - good news.

Let me guess. All those who initiated charge backs with their CC - but was refused for various reasons - will have to wait much longer for their refunds.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by cas_de
.....asked them if it is possible to "re-activate" tickets that have been cxed by LH and that are in the process of getting refunded. The lady said she needs to check if the underlying tix are still "visible". For 2 tix canceled in late March both tickets have been "removed" from the PNRs already and are in the queue to get refunded.
Odd. I asked telephone agents if tickets already waiting 2 months for refund could be pulled out of the system and rescheduled/left open.

Agent_1 said a definite no.

Agent_2 said sure, no problem... and proceeded with the resurrection

The problem with desk enquiries is its difficult to do a HUACA
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK

The problem with desk enquiries is its difficult to do a HUACA
especially if only one counter is staffed.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
especially if only one counter is staffed.
You could maybe adopt a disguise
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A colleague got a refund email yesterday for a request filed in early April (3rd).

This week LH & co are getting plenty of bad press for the delays in refunds. Spohr had given an interview to the FAS where he denied it was done for financial reasons. HDB did some research:

Entsprechend verärgert zeigten sich am Montag Flugreiseexperten über ein Interview von Lufthansa-Chef Carsten Spohr. In der „Frankfurter Allgemeinen Sonntagszeitung“ hatte der Lufthansa-Vorstandschef die Arbeitsbelastung seiner Mitarbeiter als Grund genannt, weshalb Hunderttausende Kunden immer noch auf ihr Geld warten. „Ticketerstattungen sind normalerweise Einzelfälle, jetzt sind es Zehntausende am Tag“, hatte Spohr um Verständnis geworben. „Jeder Kunde muss bei uns anrufen oder die Erstattung online anstoßen, und das dauert natürlich bei vielen hunderttausend Kunden.“

Dass man absichtlich die Rückzahlung verzögere, um die eigene Liquidität zu sichern, wies der Lufthansa-Chef zurück. Man habe nun sogar „die Ressourcen deutlich erhöht, damit die Abwicklung sich beschleunigt“.
https://www.handelsblatt.com/unterne...vpflfHlSK0-ap1

The frustration on all airlines (165 out of 180 in the IATA BSP) not providing refunds is getting equal attention...
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
CS is clearly lying here. He knows that he has instructed all LH Group airlines to preserve cash at all costs. And the strategy of fighting chargebacks with bogus defenses must have on his desk, as well.
The article is actually also elaborating on the fact the many airlines has copied the LH Group playbook on refusing to issue refunds (e.g. also disabling the automatic refund feature in the GDS).

His promise that all passenger will get a "rescue flight" guarantee (basically, if there is an outbreak in your destination country, LH will fly you back) is bogus too. If you as a passenger want to take advantage of that promise the LH hotline cannot be reached and LH will charge you because the booking class has changed.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
Had a fully refundable J ticket on LH that I just completed the process of cancelling and refunding online. I followed the steps online and the steps did confirm that I'm going to get a refund, however, when the cancellation notice came through to my e-mail it says "You have booked a flexible ticket which can be fully refunded." The "which can be fully refunded" leads me to believe there's another step I need to do but the website says I don't need to do anything else? Should I be good to go besides apparently waiting several weeks for it to actually happen? Not as familiar with LH as other airlines so maybe this is just their standard wording.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:00 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Also waiting on refunds for 5 bookings. The pinnacle: for the other bookings that I'd like only to change, Lufthansa is demanding double the former ticket price. But at least there is Studentenfutter in the lounge waiting for me.

Oh, it's the same Lufthansa that we already know -- just a new experiment.

Originally Posted by Andaz

I was probably one of the first in the world to experience this Lufthansa experiment....

Lufthansa = Never again. I am going OneWorld.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
This caused a nice giggle.

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Should be coming soon as LH has accepted the terms and conditions of the bail out.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Grog
This caused a nice giggle.
Well, you have to agree thats what it was all about and of course LH's strategy of charging fare differences.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 3:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex Platinum, Westjet Gold
Amex travel

I am Canadian And in January purchased 2 premium economy tickets $5k - I’ve been waiting since Feb 29 for a refund from Amex Platinum Travel/Lufthansa. No answers or responses from anyone. Keep getting the run around and no direct timelines from Amex Travel. Horrible service. Have already initiated a second dispute with Amex after they rescinded the first one. Any advice?

Last edited by racen; Jun 13, 2020 at 4:13 pm
Old Jun 14, 2020, 4:56 am

I got an email from LH last night that they processed my refund and I got a refund letter via email. I requested the refund on April 15 so it took roughly 2 months to process the refund. I haven't received the money in my cc account yet.

I have two more ticket refunds pending where I asked for the refund on Mar 31.
...the refunded amount was credited back to my cc account, I saw the credit when I checked my cc account earlier today.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:51 pm

Has anyone had any luck with any SN refunds coming through yet?
Old Jun 16, 2020, 12:22 am

Programs: QR Silver, AC Silver
Still nothing. 75 days since request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.