Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Ticket Refund Timeline

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: LH-SEN
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The refund process is automated again, in late October I got my refund in two working days. You have to call in though, don't click on any links in the email.
Cancelling from 'Manage my bookings' also seems to work. Much to my surprise I received a refund the same day as I claimed last week - despite the fact that I'd originally accepted a rebooking.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 10:58 am

Just a data-point on the refund button. I had a first class booking LHR-FRA-IAH which had been downgraded to business as they've shifted from a 747-8 to a A333. The automated email gave the refund option which I clicked. Website gave me a conformation and I already have the miles back in my account (roughly 4 hours later). I'll check the Amex in a few days to see if the 500-ish in taxes come back.

Just a shame I can't rebook online as I've got another booking which I'd like to do that with.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
It was reported a few days ago that doing the refund request online (after cancellation of one or more flights, obviously) was much more faster than requesting it by phone.

It has also been reported in the past that you don't receive any emails confirming the refund or refund amount. Just wait for the refund to hit your credit card. So I suggest a bit of patience here; most likely the (full) refund will appear within a few days/a week or two.
I hit the refund option in an email I received recently.
Didnt get any email confirmation but the refund was placed back onto my card the same or next day.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I submitted refund requests for a few cancelled flight itins on Friday and the money was back on my credit card by today (Monday).
Old Feb 25, 2021, 4:10 am

Just a quick timeline reference for anyone else waiting for a LH refund:
1) Received e-mail with major schedule changes (outbound changed 1 day) last Thursday February 18 around noon, clicked the "Refund" button directly in the mail right after.
2) Didn't receive an e-mail confirming my refund request, called LH on their Danish number the same afternoon, received a confirmation e-mail shortly after.
3) ~7,500 award miles used for partial payment were back in my M&M account this Tuesday February 23.
4) Remainder credit card payment (~7800DKK) was back in my Danish bank account today, Thursday February 25.

In summary, exactly one week from refund request directly in e-mail until I had the full payment back (part award miles, part credit card payment) as a Danish citizen with a Danish bank account/credit card. Absolutely fine in my opinion.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:50 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
My May flights to GIG got cancelled so I chose the refund option on Friday 26th Feb. The money was back on my credit card on Tuesday 2nd Mar, so basically after two workdays. Kudos to LH for that.

On the other hand, a more complex itinerary to LED (with OS through VIE outbound and with LX through ZRH inbound) still hasn't been refunded, although it took a lot longer to show up as cancelled on the website/app as well (I think the booking only vanished from the list yesterday).
Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
In your experience is there a gap between the time a reservation vanishes from the list of active bookings and the refund is processed ? - or the reservation will only disappear from the list once the refund has been processed?

I ask because if the refund will be processed later there is a still a chance to "rescue" /re-activate the ticket and prevent if from being refunded if one notices that the reservation has disappeared (due to taking no action before the deadline stated by LH in the schedule change notify email) and contacts LH before the refund is processed.

Someone with insight on this?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 5:16 am

In your experience is there a gap between the time a reservation vanishes from the list of active bookings and the refund is processed ? - or the reservation will only disappear from the list once the refund has been processed?
In my experience the latter seems to be the case, but it's a sample size of one so it'd be great if others could pitch in.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If you did it online, the refund should arrive within days. Longer if you did it by phone. It has been reported in several recent posts in this forum.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 5:54 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
If you did it online, the refund should arrive within days. Longer if you did it by phone. It has been reported in several recent posts in this forum.
I called the SEN line. The last refund I triggered via the hotline did take 3 days until the money was back in my CC account.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 3:14 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by cas_de
I called the SEN line. The last refund I triggered via the hotline did take 3 days until the money was back in my CC account.
FYI...
Same experience. I had the money back in my CC account on Wed, three days after canceling the itin.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 11:30 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called in for a refund. They told me it would take 7 days. It's a month later and still no refund. When I last called they told me it was "still in process." And this is for a canceled measly MUC-ORY flight that cost something like 85 Euros! I am not elite with LH, but am with UA, which was the number I used on the reservation.

Anything I can do to speed it along? Any suggestions appreciated.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 11:54 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Right now refunds are done the same day, they have engaged TCS to do the processing. Strange that it is taking so long. Probably a request to the LH lurkers is required?
Old Apr 26, 2021, 10:43 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Right now refunds are done the same day, they have engaged TCS to do the processing. Strange that it is taking so long. Probably a request to the LH lurkers is required?
Good idea. What is the nickname of the lurker? Thanks in advance!

Edited to add: No need, I found it and sent a PM as well as made a post. If one is not an elite and gets the Philippines, which I seem to get every time I call, they are unhelpful with any request I make, including to speak to a supervisor. Tend to doubt I will want to be in a situation where I need to deal with them again.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Apr 26, 2021 at 3:20 pm
Old Apr 26, 2021, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88
On the other hand, a more complex itinerary to LED (with OS through VIE outbound and with LX through ZRH inbound) still hasn't been refunded, although it took a lot longer to show up as cancelled on the website/app as well (I think the booking only vanished from the list yesterday).
Still not refunded after two months. I guess I'll send a PM to the lurkers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.