Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Ticket Refund Timeline

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
LH releases a Refund Delay video on LinkedIn.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/lufthansa/videos/
If we believe Lufthansa's own actions and words, I come to the conclusion their marketing is overstaffed and their finance under-....
andrew3000 and sydunipete like this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 1:54 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
14 May: LH cancelled flights I had booked for June.
14 May: phoned LH to request refund; received confirmation email.
2 July: received "are you aware of the flexible Lufthansa rebooking options?" email. Ignored.
17 July: received email confirmation that the refund has been processed.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 3:53 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by IMH
14 May: LH cancelled flights I had booked for June.
14 May: phoned LH to request refund; received confirmation email.
2 July: received "are you aware of the flexible Lufthansa rebooking options?" email. Ignored.
17 July: received email confirmation that the refund has been processed.
Ok - keep us updated on the last point: dd/mm money has been received.
I got the message about the refund processing more than a week ago and still nothing on my account.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 7:04 am

01 Apr - I noticed when checking my itinerary that LH had cancelled my flights. I received no notification and I have no idea when they cancelled them.
02 Apr - Called, requested refund, was told I would receive it by 28 Apr, LH then deleted my itinerary from their online system
28 Apr - Called, told I would receive the refund by mid Jun
20 Jun - Called, told my refund would be expedited as I should have received it already and that I would receive email confirmation of processing by the end of Jul with refund to appear on my CC 3 business days after receiving the email confirmation
02 Jul - never received any email confirmation. Called and was told I would receive my refund by the end of Aug

To date I have received no confirmations of refund from LH.

It now takes hours to get through to them on the phone and several tries to get someone to answer my phone call without disconnecting me or instantly putting infinite hold.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I received refunds for 2 tickets that I requested about 2 weeks ago. However, still nothing for 2 refunds that I requested in late March and early May, Kind of strange.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 1:08 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jms_uk
I was told today that refund has been 'lifted' from my ticket on 4th July - and that will take another 7-10 days until it gets to my account.

Still nothing on CC...
Refund posted to my CC this morning, but dated as 3rd July...
Old Jul 18, 2020, 1:21 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I requested a refund on 1st June for 2 tickets. Received an email on 3rd July saying that the refund would be made within 6-8 weeks. Received the refund to my CC this morning.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 1:23 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
In contrast to LH, I received a refund from Avis within 3 days of my requesting it online.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 2:09 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
So this gets more ridiculous and I'm still trying to work out if LH is just monumentally incompetent or behaving appallingly badly.

Having cancelled my return flight to GRU via FRA and ZRH (in F) as above, several days later they generated a separate ticket with the same PNR for a single between BHX and FRA in J with the same cost as the previous return trip. This was done without reference to me and the e-mail they sent invited me to accept or decline and receive a voucher. If I did nothing within 4 days the flight would be cancelled. As I had previously filled in the form to request full refund, and was unable to get through by phone I did nothing. Amex have dealt with my chargeback.

6 days later I was invited to complete online check in for BHX-FRA, I did nothing. Today I was told of a gate change 2 hours before departure and an hour before departure LH cancelled the flight. Once more they have rebooked me for a single journey BHX to FRA tomorrow, same cost as the previous South American trip. Once more my options according to the e-mail are to accept or to choose a voucher. As previously I will ignore this.

Either way LH are now a company I no longer trust to deliver a competent service or behave in a morally (and possibly legally) acceptable fashion.

Final update. LH themselves have not acknowledged my refund request but today a credit arrived in my Amex account for the value of the flights direct from LH (which will be taken back by Amex appropriately as they have already refunded the charge). This is approximately 4 weeks between submitting the refund request to receiving the refund. A lot better than many other reports but fail to understand why they have failed to communicate and went through the pantomime of reissuing my ticket as a very expensive BHX-FRA one way (maybe the true refund timeline is 10 days once they realise you mean it )
Old Jul 20, 2020, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LH states that they need another 4 to 6 weeks to process all ticket refund requests.

https://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/se...f-1433e27e1ab3

(in German)
Old Jul 20, 2020, 12:57 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Interesting interview with H. Hohmeister, head of commercial passenger division: https://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtscha...-16867663.html (German, paywall)
Good news for all passengers who booked via travel agents: LH reinstated the automated 'refund' option in its GDS (which was deactivated when covid hit) , so refunds should now be processed much quicker with no need to manually process them. In the above interview, he said that every refund request takes 10 to 15 minutes of manual processing time. A million of them and limited staff, well, one can see why this is taking so long...
Old Jul 20, 2020, 1:16 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by bhomburg
Interesting interview with H. Hohmeister, head of commercial passenger division: https://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtscha...-16867663.html (German, paywall)
Good news for all passengers who booked via travel agents: LH reinstated the automated 'refund' option in its GDS (which was deactivated when covid hit) , so refunds should now be processed much quicker with no need to manually process them. In the above interview, he said that every refund request takes 10 to 15 minutes of manual processing time. A million of them and limited staff, well, one can see why this is taking so long...
Thanks info,

This is also valid for LX?
Old Jul 21, 2020, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
My MARCH refund just arrived, unannounced.

So just over four months, not the 10 days of our favourite Regulation, not even the "within 6 weeks" promised by the Senator line.

But still, there we are; and in a way, well-timed, as the credit was a surprise that paid off last month's card bill
Old Jul 21, 2020, 3:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Same here.

Booked on Jan 18 for flight on April 3. First cancellation March 19, then rebooked March 25. Called in March 31 and the SEN desk cancelled everything and submitted it for refund. Refund email on July 17, something showed up on my CC account(s) today.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Same here.

Booked on Jan 18 for flight on April 3. First cancellation March 19, then rebooked March 25. Called in March 31 and the SEN desk cancelled everything and submitted it for refund. Refund email on July 17, something showed up on my CC account(s) today.

17 July must have been a sad but busy day in Lufthansa Towers. No refund email for me, but I see the credit that showed up today is dated 17th. Carpaccio reports a refund on the same date

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.