Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: M&M Elite Status Extensions?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2020, 12:22 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
AFKL Flying Blue now announced that they'd extend all status.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 12:27 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
AFKL Flying Blue now announced that they'd extend all status.
Makes sense, and now renders their initial compromise irrelevant. LHG is probably waiting to have more certainty so they can make just one announcement.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, Accor Plat
Problem is a bit more complex with M&M:
1) program spanning on 2 years
2) new rules in 2021 (for now)
3) Extension of 1 year may not be fair all (I would prefer a status miles credit of between 50000 and 100000 for my SEN renewal till 29.2.2024 than a 1 year extension)
4) They thought they could wait as they have the same renewal calendar for all but they have caught off guard when others are starting to make annoucement on their FFP
5) They may have technical limitations in their IT
Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:52 am

Hon status - renewal

Hi guys.

hope everyone is safe on those times.

quick question for this renewal topic.
Last year I made about 739000 thus already renewed the hon status which was supposed to be only next year.

so you think it means I’ll have to wait one more year to get my vouchers? Or will they skip me?

it’s indeed interesting times ...
Old Apr 15, 2020, 3:34 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
3) Extension of 1 year may not be fair all (I would prefer a status miles credit of between 50000 and 100000 for my SEN renewal till 29.2.2024 than a 1 year extension)
Any compromise is bound to be unfair for some and fair for others, so I don't really view it as an excuse.

4) They thought they could wait as they have the same renewal calendar for all but they have caught off guard when others are starting to make annoucement on their FFP
I don't think LHG particularly cares about the fact that others have announced before them. As discussed above, it seems like there are many high value M&M customers who don't care to have an announcement now. We know one is coming, and that's enough for now.
more4less likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by lefrid

Likely there will always be a group who feel aggrieved they do not benefit to the same extent some others do. Not exactly disadvantaged , certainly not damaged, but unhappy to see others in a better position. Human nature, I suppose

But shovelling miles into accounts probably IS the simplest, least complicated way of addressing the issue - and one that avoids ancillary aggravations caused by the changing programme and collection year members find themselves in.
more4less likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lefrid
Problem is a bit more complex with M&M:
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Likely there will always be a group who feel aggrieved they do not benefit to the same extent some others do. Not exactly disadvantaged , certainly not damaged, but unhappy to see others in a better position. Human nature, I suppose

But shovelling miles into accounts probably IS the simplest, least complicated way of addressing the issue - and one that avoids ancillary aggravations caused by the changing programme and collection year members find themselves in.
There could be a solution by offering two options for M&M members. If they throw status miles at me, I am not really happy. I just made HON in early march and do not need any miles currently (same as with the strikes, where they threw status miles at me either in my dead year or I was already over the 100000 miles I needed as a SEN).
So they could offer either miles or an extra 6 to 12 months of status.
DrSE likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 10:07 am

Well, some people will always lose out.

I'm happy I didn't renewed my SEN last year.

Won't get much benefit from it March-later this year, and 2021, assuming the changes will still be happening, will be super-easy to get SEN back anew.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 6:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by klanfa
As someone who just started flying LH Group (relatively) often this year, I hope they'll also lower the thresholds for earning status, even if that might open the door to status running. Heck, considering the the struggle they are in, they should be very happy if somebody wanted to status run.
I'd probably only reach Frequent Traveler anyway, but with 15 segments through mid-March I'll be kinda pissed if LH only lowers the status retention requirements.
I wish they lower criteria - already have 110k status miles in Jan-mar and would love if they got me closer to HON. that was original plan before they cancelled 3xF returns in april/may
Old Apr 15, 2020, 10:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, Accor Plat
During the last strike miles handout in 2017 I was above threshold requal for SEN. I asked them award miles instead of those 10000 status miles and they agreed.
chris63 and flospi like this.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 3:48 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I don't qualify on miles, even if I do a fair bit of business with M&M carriers. Pure mileage award would be useless for me unless they went with like 25K miles out of 35K for FTLs. And then you have the people who were going to upgrade status but now won't and therefore only gain a proportionally smaller part of their would-be actual mileage, though admittedly the situation started fairly early in the year, so it's not that much of an issue.

For me, the ideal solution would be to
1. postpone new system by 1 year
2. extend the current status to everyone by 1 year. That way if your 2020 was a dead year, your 2021 becomes a dead year. If you wanted to qualify in 2020 you can do so in 2021. You still get 2 years into the new system as you would.
2a. Depending on the situation later in the year, they could roll qualification of 2020 and 2021 in one period maybe potentially. If there is a slow start to actual travel late in 2020, it wouldn't cost too much in extra qualifications over what you would expect, and if there is still some slowdown felt in 2021, it mitigates that somewhat.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 6:34 am

Programs: LH*HON, UA*1K,
Originally Posted by flospi
There could be a solution by offering two options for M&M members. If they throw status miles at me, I am not really happy. I just made HON in early march and do not need any miles currently (same as with the strikes, where they threw status miles at me either in my dead year or I was already over the 100000 miles I needed as a SEN).
So they could offer either miles or an extra 6 to 12 months of status.

Im am in the same boat. My HON is until 02/23 and I highly doubt they would extend it until 02/24. But also the people who have 02/22 why should they extend the status now until 02/23 that would be highly unfair and unnecessary.
Also you have to keep in mind - for LH the HON Status is really expensive e.g. Lounges, Chauffeur etc. so they will not gift it away. I guess I won't profit from any measures here but that's not a problem. Still I would not like to see people getting hon with 400K status miles this year or so.

This will be one of the reasons we have to wait. Lufthansas program is much more complicated and in a transition currently. I don't understand people who are asking now as we can't fly anyways for status extensions..
Old May 14, 2020, 12:55 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems they are ready to announce something tomorrow
flospi likes this.
Old May 14, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
It seems they are ready to announce something tomorrow
Any source?
Old May 14, 2020, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Invite to online event tomorrow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.