Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: M&M Elite Status Extensions?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2020, 1:30 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Message from Miles & More (dated April 9):

Exceptional times lead to exceptional measures. We realize that you, our most important customers, are not receiving the attention and care from us that you are used to. Nevertheless, we are continually searching for opportunities to show you our appreciation. We are therefore happy to now offer you one of our travel amenities at home: our eJournals.

Even if you do not have an upcoming flight you can still have access to our partners' wide variety of magazines and newspapers. Simply download your preferred reading material to your smart phone, your tablet or your laptop and enjoy it whenever and wherever you wish.

In addition, we are currently looking into different options of allowing you to maintain your Frequent Traveller, Senator or HON Circle status and we will inform you of this soon.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 1:58 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by andywaw

Exceptional times lead to exceptional measures. We realize that you, our most important customers, are not receiving the attention and care from us that you are used to. Nevertheless, we are continually searching for opportunities to show you our appreciation. We are therefore happy to now offer you one of our travel amenities at home: our eJournals.

Even if you do not have an upcoming flight you can still have access to our partners' wide variety of magazines and newspapers. Simply download your preferred reading material to your smart phone, your tablet or your laptop and enjoy it whenever and wherever you wish.

In addition, we are currently looking into different options of allowing you to maintain your Frequent Traveller, Senator or HON Circle status and we will inform you of this soon.
Has anyone figured out how to download the e journals without a booking code?
Old Apr 13, 2020, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Zorro
Has anyone figured out how to download the e journals without a booking code?
It works in the Miles & More phone app.
Under the message quoted there is a blue button "To the Lufthansa e-Journals" where all the reading material is available, no booking code required.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 6:28 am

Programs: some

nice idea - but does not seem to work for Swiss publications... I get quoted 9CHF to download Bilanz.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 7:32 am

As someone who just started flying LH Group (relatively) often this year, I hope they'll also lower the thresholds for earning status, even if that might open the door to status running. Heck, considering the the struggle they are in, they should be very happy if somebody wanted to status run.
I'd probably only reach Frequent Traveler anyway, but with 15 segments through mid-March I'll be kinda pissed if LH only lowers the status retention requirements.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 7:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It works in the Miles & More phone app.
Under the message quoted there is a blue button "To the Lufthansa e-Journals" where all the reading material is available, no booking code required.

The link it takes you to is this one: https://nextbox.media-carrier.de/?b=77752&l=en
Old Apr 13, 2020, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by klanfa
As someone who just started flying LH Group (relatively) often this year, I hope they'll also lower the thresholds for earning status, even if that might open the door to status running. Heck, considering the the struggle they are in, they should be very happy if somebody wanted to status run.
I'd probably only reach Frequent Traveler anyway, but with 15 segments through mid-March I'll be kinda pissed if LH only lowers the status retention requirements.
I wonder if those who have managed to requalify according to regular requirements will get extra benefits?
2020 M&M Status requalification race
Old Apr 13, 2020, 9:05 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Depending on when things start opening up again, I might be able to squeeze in 300k HON miles this year. Already sitting on approx 100k.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by verve
nice idea - but does not seem to work for Swiss publications... I get quoted 9CHF to download Bilanz.
Exactly the problem I had, so I stopped trying. One obviously needs a VPN, which I don't have.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 1:12 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Concerto
Exactly the problem I had, so I stopped trying. One obviously needs a VPN, which I don't have.
Papers are not for free then, I misinterpreted apparently
Old Apr 14, 2020, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
No, I think it's just a fairly limited selection of magazines, even in German. A lot of the magazines you wouldn't even bother just picking up if they were in a lounge somewhere.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 8:19 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
AA has given a 12-month status extension and reduced some qualification requirements. So now it's just LH and BA among the major carriers that are holding out on giving any meaningful status extension?
Old Apr 14, 2020, 8:32 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by yurtripper
AA has given a 12-month status extension and reduced some qualification requirements. So now it's just LH and BA among the major carriers that are holding out on giving any meaningful status extension?
And AFKL. Basically the EU3.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
And AFKL. Basically the EU3.
AFKL reduced slightly the elite points needed(around 25%) to maintain the status if the end of the qualifying period was March/April or May.

I imagine that this will now be extended to members that their qualifying period ends in June/July and probably it is more generous for those.

Last edited by more4less; Apr 14, 2020 at 9:14 am
Old Apr 14, 2020, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by more4less
AFKL reduced slightly the elite points needed(around 25%) to maintain the status if the end of the qualifying period was March/April or May.

I imagine that this will now be extended to members that their qualifying period ends in June/July and probably it is more generous for those.
BA did the same for those members with status expiring in April, May and June. They had a 30% reduction in status requirements. Ironically as a life time gold with them that meant I actually requalified in my own right this year without really trying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.