Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: M&M Elite Status Extensions?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2020, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It's just awful, it really doesn't inspire confidence in anything. Hopefully M&M will pick up their mojo going forward.
kai.lileboo likes this.
Old May 23, 2020, 1:30 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Oh... my... God....

Seriously, LH should be embarassed to put such a Teletubbie in front of its customers. The guy is an embarassment. He has the calibre of being the Director of Sales of the Vegetables Department at the local REWE super market or a Desk Head at the Sparkasse in Waldbröl - but not the guy one of the world's leading airline groups has put in charge to think about how to retain customers that spend tens (and sometimes hundreds) of thousands of Euros on their product, and to communicate with them. What a shambles
kai.lileboo likes this.
Old May 23, 2020, 5:50 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, Accor Plat
Basically they monitor...
Old May 23, 2020, 5:58 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
In particular, he just repeats what has been written - and admitting between the lines that they know they should do more for certain m&m members, but hold their horses for the moment because maybe, maybe those guys will still cough up the necessary flights/miles next year.
Old May 23, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Approximate quote towards the end: .....We will continue to work on a system which meets the needs of our customers...

Hmm... They postponed introducing the new status system by one year already... Hopefully they aren't thinking of delaying it again or altering it... The new status structure is one thing I am really enthusiastic about...
Old May 24, 2020, 12:47 am

Programs: LH SEN
Just looking at my m&m account and did some trial/test award bookings.

London - Frankfurt 50k round trip in business? This used to be 25/35. Are they insane?
Old May 24, 2020, 1:01 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by bobhope2
Just looking at my m&m account and did some trial/test award bookings.

London - Frankfurt 50k round trip in business? This used to be 25/35. Are they insane?
Nope, 50k is standard price for any intra-EU I-class (business) award.
25k was mileage bargain price.
Old May 24, 2020, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by FlyerLX
Approximate quote towards the end: .....We will continue to work on a system which meets the needs of our customers...

Hmm... They postponed introducing the new status system by one year already... Hopefully they aren't thinking of delaying it again or altering it... The new status structure is one thing I am really enthusiastic about...
New status system requires (in most cases) more flying but is actually cheaper for customer.
That may be actually one of the reasons, why it is postponed.
Requalifying by old system will generate more money.
Old May 24, 2020, 5:15 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Raul_R
Nope, 50k is standard price for any intra-EU I-class (business) award.
25k was mileage bargain price.
But further mileage devaluation coming soon. Never understand why people hoard miles, I was even negative end 2019 (allowed for SEN's). This said the best way to spend miles remains the companion awards (for HON/SEN only) in I or O - to have a first class experience as long as F still exists. And if flying with LX without the nonsensical face masks which are completely against our culture.
Old May 24, 2020, 5:23 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by behuman
But further mileage devaluation coming soon. Never understand why people hoard miles, I was even negative end 2019 (allowed for SEN's). This said the best way to spend miles remains the companion awards (for HON/SEN only) in I or O - to have a first class experience as long as F still exists. And if flying with LX without the nonsensical face masks which are completely against our culture.
not wearing a mask because it’s ‚against our culture‘ must be one of the stupidest reasons i have heard...
flospi, athome, 8420PR and 3 others like this.
Old May 24, 2020, 5:55 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by daumueller
not wearing a mask because it’s ‚against our culture‘ must be one of the stupidest reasons i have heard...
Before COVID-19, yes. Now it's not. In Asia people wear a mask in order not to get sick, when we see someone wearing a mask in public in Europe we assume that this person is already sick.
8420PR and Raul_R like this.
Old May 24, 2020, 7:20 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by daumueller
You will look more "stupid" with an useless mask as it will rather be a danger to yourself by constantly fiddling with it, for example while drinking . "Navigare necesse est, sed vivere non" and showing ones face is a mark of western culture indeed.

This said wearing occasionally a mask in crowded spaces without touching it is recommended also by the Swiss federal health authority, this includes also public transport, but I never was on a flight without plenty of space around me in C or F.
LX as a consequence recommends the wearing of a mask onboard, unlike LH where it is mandatory.

We shall not sacrifice our way of life because of a virus which of course has to be respected and handled appropriately.
Old May 24, 2020, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
I include the link of the video LH M&M published regarding their "goodwill" policy.
You can have your own opinion on what Mr. Greve says.
https://youtu.be/0kTQeUq7FHI
Q:At the end I see one very worrying approach:

A:The market and the needs of customers are currently changing. Does this also apply to frequent flyers?
It is true that the needs of customers are changed. In the past, priority services such as luggage, seat access, lounge and fast track were very important. Today the focus is more on elements such as stability of a flight plan or just flexibility. We will have to work together with our partner airlines and customers to jointly develop a privilege package.

So, dear Lufthansa, for me as frequent flyer ONLY important parts of privilege programs are: Lounge, Ground service (HON/F), Priority and frankly everything described on priviliges part for now.
I believe that is same for absolute most of us.
Stability of flight plan can never be privilege of loyalty program.
If airline try to cut any of the privileges, it will very quickly start to loose loyal clients.
Old May 24, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by Raul_R
Q:At the end I see one very worrying approach:

....In the past, priority services such as luggage, seat access, lounge and fast track were very important....Today the focus is more on elements such as stability of a flight plan or just flexibility.....

So, dear Lufthansa, for me as frequent flyer ONLY important parts of privilege programs are: Lounge, Ground service (HON/F), Priority and frankly everything described on priviliges part for now.
I believe that is same for absolute most of us.
Stability of flight plan can never be privilege of loyalty program.
If airline try to cut any of the privileges, it will very quickly start to loose loyal clients.
Yes I agree- I yelled out loud when I heard that part on the video- he seems to be suggesting that lounge used to be important but not any more !!
I agree as well that if a company has nothing credible to say and nobody credible to put on their website, they would do much better to keep quiet.
more4less likes this.
Old May 24, 2020, 12:25 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I’d wear a mask in a crowded area. In F? No. In Longhaul C? Maybe not. In short haul C/Y? Definitely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.